I think my pump is broken

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_R

Re: I think my pump is broken

Postby David_R » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:50 pm

radioradio wrote:Larry, I think you do a terrific job and I am grateful. This forum is such an amazing community, and you help keep it "tidied up"; not by banning any ideas, but by making sure that unacceptable behavior is just that -- unacceptable.
Thanks so much.
Bob

I totally agree with Bob, Larry. Thank you for all you've done and continue to do.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:12 pm

David_R wrote:
radioradio wrote:Larry, I think you do a terrific job and I am grateful. This forum is such an amazing community, and you help keep it "tidied up"; not by banning any ideas, but by making sure that unacceptable behavior is just that -- unacceptable.
Thanks so much.
Bob

I totally agree with Bob, Larry. Thank you for all you've done and continue to do.

Thanks David, I appreciate your kind words.

Larry

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm thankful Reallynow posted that link. He may not read this because he seemed quite fed up and hostile but it's all love from me man.
Peace and love :)

There is certainly a lot of anger and frustration that comes with ED.
We all experience it daily.

Reading through half the pages and reading the "18 questions to ask your doctor before surgery"

A lot of it (to me atleast) was common sense.
1.) Don't expect a miracle. You're not getting an entirely new dick.
2.) Foreign objects in your body are going to be attacked by your immune system.
Duh. Pacemakers, new hips, etc are all going to be attacked.
But do people still get new hips or pacemakers? You're damn right they do.
Because they need them to either stay alive or to improve their quality of life.
3.) daily religious cycling of your implant. I plan on walking around with a boner as much as possible in my own home!
scarring is of course part of the process you can't really avoid it.
4.) Make sure you want it, because removing it is not an option and replacements come with their own risks.
The more you're opened the worse it can get. That seems like a no-brainer right?

A lot of the nightmares were infections. Which come down to keeping the are clean... but also the patient's own body.
Older patients, or other genetic predispositions can increase chances of infection. Everyone's mileage will vary.

I don't believe there's some giant conspiracy that the surgeons and implant company's are running places like FrankTalk.
Sure guys can seem cheerleadery but that's because THEY LOVE THEIR IMPLANT!

It's important to know it's NOT easy, it's PAINFUL, it's a learning curve, a test of your patience, it takes practice an understanding partner and ALL OF THAT has to be understood before you make this decision.
It's not your doctor's job to tell you all the possible problems. My doctor DID tell me once it's done it can't be undone. I appreciated that.

I'm leaving work but I wanted to again say thanks for the link and encourage people to try to see from other's perspectives.
You may love your implant, but there are definitely those who don't. We can still listen to them, we can offer a shoulder to vent on.
This place is absolutely invaluable and I'm grateful for all the positive and negative articles or reading material provided.

Dustyknox I think had a good writeup about "make sure you are okay with these things before surgery" google doc.
Or was it someone else???
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:17 am

Okay after reading all 8 pages of that forum link. A lot of those posts sounded like repeats. They also sound like they had a really bad surgeon who under sized them.... A doctor they call out a lot from Boston Medical seemed to also not tell them the truth about how this really is an irreversible and VERY invasive surgery. I mean they're putting plastic where your boner usually is! Of course it's going to hurt, of course it won't feel exactly natural. Not many real good informative comments came through either other than. "my dick is small now. Worst mistake of my life!" like maybe they were given bad post op information and scar tissue built up.
Not to discredit people who disliked their implant, they just seemed super uninformed and that's the worst way to go into a life changing decision!

People should be aware of these real and serious points.
People commented that they could get boners naturally before their surgery... WTF!
How did they decide that they were ready to jump to an implant!?
None of us would be here if we could get natural and consistent erections.

Anyway I'm done talking now lol.
They were a good read before going under the knife in 18 days :lol:
Shit even if my surgery is awful and I have a tiny dick or massive infection. I'll know I tried the last thing I could. Then I'd proceed with mouth exercises, because that's all my girlfriend is getting if my dick never works again haha.

Cheers
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:57 am

You shoud be fine. Keep us updated. Just tell you girlfriend it be off limits for a while depending on the dr and how you heal could be a few weeks or a couple of months. Yes still off limits even when you start cycling and you are maxed out. Something I never thought about but ifyall want to use it maxed out which most do not once you start cycling on a regular basis not the first couple of days, but when you are getting good pumps 10 to 50 or more depending on model. The Ams has a safety valve that will not let you over pump, the Titan does not but you can not over inflate it either because the pump get rock hard just like your dick. Throw a tape measure around it and either do the math forumla or use a ruler for lengh , with those 2 measures head to the toy store buy her a cheap dildo she can use till you get your clerance

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 am

hturner12 wrote:You shoud be fine. Keep us updated. Just tell you girlfriend it be off limits for a while depending on the dr and how you heal could be a few weeks or a couple of months. Yes still off limits even when you start cycling and you are maxed out. Something I never thought about but ifyall want to use it maxed out which most do not once you start cycling on a regular basis not the first couple of days, but when you are getting good pumps 10 to 50 or more depending on model. The Ams has a safety valve that will not let you over pump, the Titan does not but you can not over inflate it either because the pump get rock hard just like your dick. Throw a tape measure around it and either do the math forumla or use a ruler for lengh , with those 2 measures head to the toy store buy her a cheap dildo she can use till you get your clerance

For sure man! Good idea!
I've actually got her pretty well dialed in with this little toy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019LRINQ

It'll be getting quite a lot of use while I recover :lol:
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:21 am

It may be too small. Deflated I am at 4,5 girth max out 5.5 . The cheap way is toilet paper roll

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:12 pm

robertm wrote:"Robert, to be honest with you, I have serious doubts about this other site. You can count on one hand the number of negative implant experiences on here and yet there is a bunch on another site??? I dunno..."
Larry

Larry, I hope you're right. But what would be the motivation for creating a fake web site that bashes implants? Maybe VED or sildenifil manufacturers?

The site allows people to post as guests. A lot of the angry negative posts had very similar wording. As if someone posted more than once but did so anonymously to keep the negative numbers high.
If we want to go down the rabbit hole of "implant companies make people cheerlead on FT, then the opposite could be true. Injection companies or "big Pharma" could deploy their minions to comment negatively on implant forums. Remember they're losing a paying customer for good if they get an implant."

Not necessarily a fake website, but people repeatedly spamming their comment can bolster the overall thought that "hey a lot of people have negative experiences" when it could be 4 people out of 100 who already had false expectations, complications, an inexperienced surgeon or something else"

Cheers
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Clinical studies 87% satisfaction rate with IIP. 83% that got them would get another if it fails.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 am

Freedy
Have you got proof of such low # . Not some 10 or15 year old survey of a 100 men.

Return to “Implants”