Recorse on implant problems

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Recorse on implant problems

Postby newbie443 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Ok, so I'm considering it. My local uro wants to do it. But I have read that there is a 90% success rate with it. So what happens to the 1 out of 10 that is doesn't work for? I see where folks have had 2 and one who has had 3 implants. If there are problems with the first try is the uro responsible to make it right? Are there any problems like reduced size that I will just have to live with if it happens?
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ThePlumber1964

Re: Recorse on implant problems

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Hello,

Four (4) here... Not proud about it at all. The best advice: go to a reputable, responsible AND honorable surgeon. The reputable part is easy. The responsible part is a bit more tricky. But the honorable one is an unknown until you talk to people that have had undesirable results, and the response from the surgeon is the most discussing part of the journey.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 pm

If there are problems with the first try is the uro responsible to make it right?
The trouble with an elective medical procedure is that "perfection" is not guaranteed and "good enough" is an attitude and opinion that will likely differ between you and your urologist should you emerge unhappy with your result. For example, many men are unhappy with their length (most will lose a quarter inch or half an inch). The urologist will of course say that "i did my best with what the size that you have, and I can't do better". The only solution here is to use a surgeon that does a thorough stretch test before surgery and then provides you with a realistic expectation regarding what type of girth and length you will end up with . Most surgeons will not commit to specific numbers, but some of the better ones will. Of course, if there are real complications such as infection, they will work with you to make it right. If there are small problems (tubing is wrapped weird, bulb is in odd place, cylinders are weird) then you will likely just have to live with what you have as being "good enough"

Are there any problems like reduced size that I will just have to live with if it happens?
yes, you will iikely just have to live with that

so, the only way to mitigate against a sub-perfect result is to go with a surgeon who has a long list of happy patients that are willing to talk to you. Do realize, that penile implants are a little like having a "nose job" in that there is a component of subjectiveness to the definition of success.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:01 am

Unhappiness is one category, unacceptable results is another. What separates the honorable from the others is their attitude towards facing failures, and owning them.

Losing length is a possibility that we all know when we undergo this surgery. Creating an unacceptable result due to directly result of the surgery that creates discomfort, pain, and furthermore makes sex painful, and not accepting their responsibility is more than anything else pure cruelty.

This is a type of surgery in which the patient has gone through a pretty tough time to put it mildly, and the last thing that we need is an insensitive person as a surgeon that due to his/her high ego in incapable to face such failure.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:51 am

Expect no recourse..... AND.... You'd have all new hospital (and related) expenses. Fortunately, I had good insurance all 3 times but am still several thousand dollars out of pocket.....

Uh...... It's worth it!

Good luck....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:22 am

What had you rather have? A useless limp dick the rest of your life? What have you got to lose? I lost nothing. I have sensation. Dick length is back. 7" before 7" now. Waiting on CX to restore girth. It can take a while. What good is a dick if you can't use it when you want to. If your implanted it's all the time because you can!
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:39 am

newbie443 wrote:Ok, so I'm considering it. My local uro wants to do it. But I have read that there is a 90% success rate with it. So what happens to the 1 out of 10 that is doesn't work for? I see where folks have had 2 and one who has had 3 implants. If there are problems with the first try is the uro responsible to make it right? Are there any problems like reduced size that I will just have to live with if it happens?

1 out of 10 failure is mainly due to infection and defective devices. Other reasons can be related to penis deformity. i can tell you it is worth the risk. I had my life, dignity and self-esteem back. One thing to note that it is a 1 year project, so you'd need to cycle and stretch to get the best from your implant.

All the best.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:07 am

Yes Med
at almost a year I have to say my results size-wise have incrementally improved and that is what my doctor said. The recommendation to cycle daily was valid and (like Donnie) has seen me almost recover my original length with perhaps a little extra girth?
You know it's kinda difficult to remember having a dick that barely worked and that I wouldn't bother measuring....but the comment I received from my new squeeze the first time she saw it re-assured me....."oooh" she said, "it's very large".....well it's not really, not like Maxx's, but it sure looks healthier than it did this time last year (except for when it had Caverject in it....remember that little journey.....sharp prick in the prick?..... Cumbersome, no way of knowing how hard it would be....only last for an hour?) so I am with Donnie...in my experience, which was a pretty straightforward one.....better to have a cock that works than one that doesn't.....so implants all the way....and how good is it to wake up with half a fat because you forgot to deflate all the way the night before :lol:
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 am

When we all undergo a surgical procedure there is always a chance that something may go wrong. The are no guarantees that you will be 100 % happy with the final out come. While I do agree with finding a surgeon that is great at what he does is important. By that I mean Quality of work not Quantity of work... It is virtually impossible for any surgeon to know your final size when finished. They really will not know until they have you on the table. I do not care how many stretch test they give. If you do loose length, and you most likely will, that is a giving. I lost about 1/2 inch... :shock: however on the opposite end I now have a full functional dick. Which is much better than one that never got hard. I am very happy with 6.5" I have now. I was lucky and had no complication.
You have also keep in mind that your healing process requires your part of care as well. I feel that many guys bypass some of the healing steps, as required. Then they get complication. This is a serious procedure. It's good that you are seeking advice, just don't look at the negative side, there are many positive reason for getting it done.

It is a big step, I have never once wished I had not had mine done.... makes me very happy. ;) :o :) :D

Electrician

Postby Electrician » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:16 pm

When you get to the point were nothing else works You have nothing to lose,even small hard dick that last for days works for me.Best thing I have ever done just wish I had it done Years ago , instead of all the pills and injection. And added pressure on are partners.
Implanted 01/2016,AMS Cx at 56 had Ed for years ,On the pills (18yr) and injection (5yrs) married 37 years .Hope to use this inplant for years to come.

Return to “Implants”