Implant size ratios

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FreddyFree

Implant size ratios

Postby FreddyFree » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Most people refer to their implants as 21+2. This measurement is in centimeters. One third of implant is in body so is not "useable". I have done a little math and have worked out some numbers to convert to inches easily.

To determine length of erection from a certain size in centimeters, multiply that by 0.2667. For example 23cm. implant is 23 x 0.02667 ≈ 6.1in. erection

If you think your pre-operative erection was/is 6 inches, multiply that by 3.77 to determine the approximate implant size: 6 x 3.77 ≈ 22.6 cm

Would someone check this and see if it makes things easier and more importantly is it accurate? I know it's an approximation. :ugeek:
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Tsanchez12369

Re: Implant size ratios

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:46 pm

What does the +2 stand for?
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Tsanchez12369 wrote:What does the +2 stand for?

The plus is for the Rear Tip Extenders that are often, but not always used.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 pm

FreddyFree wrote:Most people refer to their implants as 21+2. This measurement is in centimeters. One third of implant is in body so is not "useable". I have done a little math and have worked out some numbers to convert to inches easily.

To determine length of erection from a certain size in centimeters, multiply that by 0.2667. For example 23cm. implant is 23 x 0.02667 ≈ 6.1in. erection

If you think your pre-operative erection was/is 6 inches, multiply that by 3.77 to determine the approximate implant size: 6 x 3.77 ≈ 22.6 cm

Would someone check this and see if it makes things easier and more importantly is it accurate? I know it's an approximation. :ugeek:

Freddy,
I never was a math wiz so I am impressed you did all of that, but I believe there are other factors that throw off your math. We all have a portion of our penises inside and a portion that is visible, but with everything else being so variable I bet we do not all have exactly 1/3 inside. When I use your math, my erect size comes out 1/2” shorter than what it physically measures.

I have also seen on here where at least one guy mentioned there was scar tissue in his glans preventing the surgeon from positioning the tips of the cylinders as far forward as he would have liked. In that case the surgeon must use a shorter implant because it still needs to end in the same place at the back. The visible portion of his penis would be longer than his implant size would typically indicate.

I am no doctor, but am guessing there are probably other considerations, too.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Also you need to be aware that the cavernosas, while they are being filled with blood, or in our case with saline, they stretch in both directions: sides (girth) and forward (length). So, the same way that the “outside” of the cavernosa that stretches and give you length, portion of the “inside” also stretches out. Not much, but it does.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:47 pm

In addition, another variable to be considered is the fact that the front tips do not go (or should not go) all the way to the tip of your glans. So, when fully engorged, that alone can add 1.5cm to the full erected length.

Let me provide my example: my measurements were 16cm distal, and 10cm proximal. Since Dr. Eid found that the distal dilation was extremely pushed forward in a way that can easily create a case of erosion down the road, he used a grafting material to repair the situation, hence it added around 1.5-2cm extra.

So, even though I was implanted with a Titan XL 26 with no RTEs, the total implanted material it is closer to 27-28cm, plus the extra 1.5cm of glans flesh when engorged. That makes sense since my erected length was (and hopefully will get back to) 7.25”, or 18.4cm.

I hope this helps to the discussion.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:In addition, another variable to be considered is the fact that the front tips do not go (or should not go) all the way to the tip of your glans. So, when fully engorged, that alone can add 1.5cm to the full erected length.

Let me provide my example: my measurements were 16cm distal, and 10cm proximal. Since Dr. Eid found that the distal dilation was extremely pushed forward in a way that can easily create a case of erosion down the road, he used a grafting material to repair the situation, hence it added around 1.5-2cm extra.

So, even though I was implanted with a Titan XL 26 with no RTEs, the total implanted material it is closer to 27-28cm, plus the extra 1.5cm of glans flesh when engorged. That makes sense since my erected length was (and hopefully will get back to) 7.25”, or 18.4cm.

I hope this helps to the discussion.

ThePlumber

Jesus, that's huge. You have been hanging with Maxx and Bob. :)

Larry

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Another issue in measurment would be the approximation of 1/3 the implant being inside the body. Although on average it probably works out to be that but willing to bet that the body style of the recipient might alter the outcome. So if a thin/skinny guy with the implant may actually have more available erection where guys that are bigger or have more of a problem with a fat pad may show less. So there is some motivation for us older guys carrying a few extra pounds to get in shape. So "bone pressed" measurments could also vary. I have 18cm + 1.5. I am implanted with the lgx so reasonable expansion could be another 3 cm. This gives me a total of 23cm. 23cm converts to 9.055 ". 2/3 equals just over 6" erection. So i weigh 200lbs with a 6.25" erection. If i was the weight recommended for my height being 160lbs my erection may actually be 6.5 to 6.75 ". Just a thought.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Maybe we need a diet room! :lol:
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Bandit,

You are absolutely right. All those are factors that are as variable as amount of patients! Also, those measurements are highly impacted by the surgeon’s decision as to where to do the corporotomies. The lower and deeper, the distal measurement will increase, hence giving a extremely variable number that does not necessarily represent the erection size.

Larry,

I was always what I consider an extreme grower. Before the implant, my flaccid can measure between 3”-4”, and my erection size has been 7.25” since I was 16 years old. That goes to tell you how flexible the penis’ different tissues are. Now I am no longer a grower. If I do an extreme deflation, it will go no smaller than 5.5”.

No complaining, but it has been an adjustment challenge. Recently, we were in an gala event of a documentary that I participated in different capacities, which won Best Documentary. It was two weeks after the surgery. Obviously, a photo was taken at the end of the entire executive production people. My wife was mortified when she saw it; it looked like I had an semi erection, and it was published everywhere :oops: ...! Now, I am more self conscious about it, and my wardrobe selection is carefully vetted by her. :roll:

ThePlumber

Return to “Implants”