Had my Procedure Today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: Had my Procedure Today

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:36 pm

That is a very important advise, Larry! Using it more than 15-20 minutes at a time is counterproductive. You can get frostbites, plus the blood flow necessary to create proper healing will be compromised.

Also, in my opinion, as the scrotal sac shrinks, the healing tissue around the pump and tubbing (pseudo-capsule) will be building on a contracted way.

Aside, biologically speaking, ice beyond the third day does not help on reducing swelling. It does offer comfort due to numbing effect, but there is little to no swelling reduction.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 am

wow ... congrats ! ... welcome to the bionic brotherhood !! You have made it to the other side. The first 24 hours are the hardest. From there, everything will get better every day.

Just curious, what was it like for you when you walked in to register for surgery --> were you scared and was there anything you did or said to your self to keep your courage up ?

Also, enjoy the large amount of sleep over these next few days; now that it "is over" your mind can rest and you will sleep like a baby !

So super glad for you , and yes, I wish you many hard times with head. :lol: (oh oops, I meant "many hard times ahead")
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:58 pm

warrenw wrote:Went to see Dr Eid today, and back in the hotel room on back and on ice. Uneventful procedure, believe I received a Titan Touch, 20cm, no rte .

I'll update more later, have only a phone for now. Little discomfort, just dull ache in the groin.

Best to you on your recovery, Warren.
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

archway

Postby archway » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 am

Warrenw: Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sounds like all went well. I recall that I used ice for the first few days and after I returned home, maybe for a day or two. Our travel and surgery experience with Dr Eid were quite similar, so I am available by PM if would like to chat.

Archway
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks guys for all the encouragement, it's really helping me stay positive.

Surgery was Friday, flew home on Monday with the catheter still in. Dr Eid examined me on Monday and said everything looked good.
When I got home last night I cut the Y part of the cath and pulled it out, but there was blood and urine everywhere. Still getting an occasional drop of blood from penis and a bit of urine leakage. I guess this is all normal but was kind of shocking to see.

Going to try a hot bath now and see how that goes. Dr left me a probably 50% and I'd like to get that down so I can pee normally.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:00 pm

warrenw wrote:Thanks guys for all the encouragement, it's really helping me stay positive.

Surgery was Friday, flew home on Monday with the catheter still in. Dr Eid examined me on Monday and said everything looked good.
When I got home last night I cut the Y part of the cath and pulled it out, but there was blood and urine everywhere. Still getting an occasional drop of blood from penis and a bit of urine leakage. I guess this is all normal but was kind of shocking to see.

Going to try a hot bath now and see how that goes. Dr left me a probably 50% and I'd like to get that down so I can pee normally.

Did you deflate the balloon??

Larry

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Yes, but I did it by cutting the Y- hose since I didn't have the proper syringe to deflate the ballon. It pulled out smoothly, but maybe there's trauma from four days of being catheterized.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 pm

warrenw wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Yes, but I did it by cutting the Y- hose since I didn't have the proper syringe to deflate the ballon. It pulled out smoothly, but maybe there's trauma from four days of being catheterized.

Absolutely no doubt of having trauma in and out... coming from the medical field, I can tell you, it's not a very gentle procedure and most guys that are conscious when it's done are on the brink of tears as it goes in... even with the lidociane gel :(

Larry

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Just wanted to post an update with where I'm at on day +6.

I saw the surgery report and Dr Eid used a 22cm Titan with one cylinder trimmed to 20cm and the other to 21cm. He had estimated 20cm during the pre-op exam.

I was able to activate at day +4 to deflate and then inflate a couple of pumps. There is no swelling in the scrotum so I can feel the pump really easily. There is bruising and denting on the penile shaft and I can easily feel the cylinders, much stiffer than I was expecting so hope that improves. The Peyronies is completely gone but there's a dent where the curve used to be, so I'm pleased with that. The deflated cylinders feel loose within the penis and I can "model" the shape a bit to make it perfectly straight. Don't know if things tighten up over time or not.

I stopped the percocet pain med today. There is some pain in the bottom of the scrotum where the pump and incision are. But I can walk and drive without discomfort. Getting up or down from a sitting position is still pretty painful. And at this point in time, sex would be the last thing I have any interest in, pleasure could not overcome the pain. I'm thinking weeks out on that, maybe even wait until spring. :)

So that's it. Not quite what I expected with the stiffness of the flaccid Titan, but I guess this is the new normal

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi. I'm at day 9 and haven't even tried to inflate/deflate. Quite a bit of aching pain from where the pump sits low in the scrotum area. I'm being told I will activate on 5/1/18 for the first time so I'll follow that guidance rather than try and do it myself beforehand. Like you sex seems a distant option just yet. But the pain lessens daily and excited to see each day pass.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Return to “Implants”