Best implant surgeon in st. Louis mo

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dared24

Best implant surgeon in st. Louis mo

Postby Dared24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:34 pm

I have severe peyronies disease and im looking for a top implant surgeon in st louis. I understand i may be able to get a better surgeon if im willing to travel but it would be much easier to do it locally. Also since i live in a major city im sure there is a top surgeon practicing here right?
25 years old, implanted January 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer with AMS LGX 700 3 piece for severe peyronies disease and ed.

Larry10625

Re: Best implant surgeon in st. Louis mo

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Dared24 wrote:I have severe peyronies disease and im looking for a top implant surgeon in st louis. I understand i may be able to get a better surgeon if im willing to travel but it would be much easier to do it locally. Also since i live in a major city im sure there is a top surgeon practicing here right?

I agree. :)

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Just do a search on this forum. Also, read Alibaba’s postings before selecting your surgeon on that area, please.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:30 pm

Will alibabas posts come up if i search his namr on this forum?
25 years old, implanted January 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer with AMS LGX 700 3 piece for severe peyronies disease and ed.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 am

Yes. You need to search for member name; once found, look for his posts. He had a terrible experience with a doctor. That is why I suggested you to look for his journal.

If you are willing or able to travel to put your trust on an outstanding surgeon, I recommend Dr. Eid in NYC. No glitter, no self-promoting, no drama... just great medicine in practice.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

donald1

Postby donald1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:32 am

I used Dr John McCarthy at St. Lukes. Very satisfied and very pleased with the results.

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Donald1 does dr mccarthy have a good reputation for implants is he a high volume surgeon? Glad to hear yours went well but I want to make sure he is a consistently great surgeon..

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Dared24 wrote:Donald1 does dr mccarthy have a good reputation for implants is he a high volume surgeon? Glad to hear yours went well but I want to make sure he is a consistently great surgeon..

To the best of my knowledge there are no high volume penile implant surgeons here in St. Louis. As such, I went to Dr. Kramer in Baltimore...did an absolutely spectacular job for me. There are plenty of excellent surgeons everywhere, but after reading a lot of the botched infrapubic implant stories here on FT and elsewhere, I didn't want to take any chances... narrowed my search down to Eid & Kramer...both considered masters of the scrotal approach. From that point, I decided on Kramer due in part to his world-class hospital connection & in part due to Baltimore being a far less stressful/costly environment. Apparently Plumber had a problem w/ Kramer somewhere along the line, but the overwhelming number of posters here have nothing but great things to say about both Kramer and Eid. If anybody wants to contact me privately about my experience w/ Kramer/Baltimore, please msg me privately & I'd be glad to discuss it with you.
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 pm

That is all well and good but Baltimore is quite a distance to travel for me. Im concerned about expenses and also insurance coverage. I was not expecting it to be this hard to find a decent surgeon..

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:39 am

Dared24 wrote:That is all well and good but Baltimore is quite a distance to travel for me. Im concerned about expenses and also insurance coverage. I was not expecting it to be this hard to find a decent surgeon..

I think if you realize that this particular surgical niche is as much art as it is science, you'll want to get somebody who has done thousands of procedures. Minimal pain/swelling/recovery time, proper sizing etc etc...As for expenses: Southwest always has excellent non-stop round trip fares in the mid $200 range from STL to BWI...hotels are reasonable up there as well. YMMV, but I wanted to get it done right the first time by an acknowledged master of the procedure who used the scrotal approach.
As for insurance coverage, I'd check w/ either Kramer or Eid's office to see if you are covered...I had Anthem/Blue Cross at the time and it was not problem getting the entire procedure covered w/ a big $35.00 co-pay from me...worked for me!
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Return to “Implants”