defiant wrote:Hi all,
Personally, I'm in the worst place, mentally, I've ever been in my life. I am very seriously considering implant surgery. Therefore, I am doing my research. Extensive research. I will not be beaten by this.
I would like to ask the implanted among us an exhaustive list of questions that hopefully can serve as a good guide and user-feedback form for those of us considering implantation surgery.
It is a HUGE decision, one with many ramifications, good, bad and ugly (potentially). Therefore, I would like to be as fully armed as I can be with all pertinent information and it is my hope that those with the implant can use these questions to give the fullest and most honest assessment of their device and the impact it has had upon them, their sex lives and wider lives.
Please feel free to copy and paste responses in this thread. Knowledge is power.
1) - How long do 'most' implants last? I know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question. Most things I read tend to hint at a decade.
2) - As I am from the UK, I only have access to one implant specialist. A Dr David Ralph. However, he is not the best of the best. Would it be prudent for me to seek the best possible option in the world, that being Dr Eid or Dr Kramer in the US?
3) Indeed, would you advise anyone from anywhere in the world to seek the very best or would local implant specialists suffice?
4) - If one were to travel to the US, would that mean all future revisions would have to be completed by the same surgeon? This cost outlay begins to make one shudder.
5) - Being (just about) 34, I would most likely require at least 4 revisions in my life (were I to live a normal lifespan). By the 4th, would my penis not be at risk of being completely demolished?
6) Would you advise against those on the younger side getting implanted?
7) - How do you go about inflating when you are about to have sex/foreplay with someone? I would imagine this vastly depends upon who you are having sex with. If it is a long term partner, the will likely know and then I'm sure there are all kinds of fun ways to inflate? But what about at the beginning of relationships or one-night-stands?
8) - Did you feel a degree of regret post-operatively? If I were to go through with this, I fear that my mind being unstable at present, I might swap one form of depression for another.
9) - When the implant fails, mechanically, do you get advanced warning? As in, can you feel the decline in its function? Or do you attempt to inflate one day and it just doesn't work?
10) - On the topic of mechanical failure (end of implant lifespan), typically, how long might it take from day 1 of failure until revision completion? Weeks, months?
11) - During that period of being out-of-action, does this time spent without erections not have a terrible impact upon mood, the state of one's relationship and psyche?
12) - How long does a successful revision take to heal and be ready for action?
13) - How have you found the general reaction/reception of partners to the news of your being implanted? Favourable? Dismissive? Nasty? I am of the firm belief that an educated, grounded person, a good person, one who loves YOU, would never ever have an unfavourable reaction. If they do, they are not someone you want to be with.
14) - Does your flaccid appear larger now than before? (Unimportant really but interesting nonetheless).
15) - Can one engage in strenuous physical activity. Of course this thing is designed to withstand the throes of sexual intercourse but what about heavy lifting at the gym for example?
16) - Have you lost length and girth? If so, how much? Has your size returned to normal? Tell me about the effects your implant has had upon your size.
17) - What effects, if any, has having the implant had upon your sensitivity? Do you feel more able to cum, less able? Has your sensation diminished at all? Tell me about this aspect please.
18) - Are you constantly aware of the implant's presence? I guess what I am trying to ask here is, do you have a constant feeling of having a foreign body within your penis?
19) - What effects, if any, and I'm sure there are many, has this had upon the quality of your relationship, (if you have one).
20) - Are you satisfied with your implant?
21) Is there a risk an implant surgery could be so botched or encounter catastrophic circumstance that you lose any hope of being implanted thus losing ALL erectile function.
22) - Are you happy?
Thank you, so much, guys and to anyone who answers these questions. I really hope this can form some kind of comprehensive user-feedback form for those considering this journey.
We are stronger together. United in brotherhood. Fortified by knowledge.
A few answers
2. I used locals and now am trying to be fixed. Not the case for many others. You won't know for sure until after you awaken. Good luck you'll need it.
6. Only if you plan on becoming a priest.
7. Men who have ED need to play with themselves (or their partner does) anyway.
8. My main regret was using a local yokel instead pf Kramer.
9. From what guys say yes and no. My pump locked up from the start so no surprise there.
10. I had to wait 4 months some guys get in sooner. 2 months I think is fast.
11. Annoying yes. Depressing no, it was a fixable problem.
12. took me about 5 days but it was only the pump.
13. My wife changed her mind after the second bozo. But she's supportive because it is important to me.
14. Everyone's flaccid turns into Godzilla as compared to before.
15. They advise against any sport where you might get hit in the balls.
16. I lost about 1 inch to 1.5 inches in girth. Very happy about that. If you want 6 inches girth or better go with Titan. As for length I was 7 inches last May did not need that much but would have been happy with 6+. At almost 7 mos if I do not use VED I will shrink down to 6 3/8". Using VED daily I can scrotal pump consistently to 6 3/4".
17. Same sensitivity but it makes my prostate work much harder. No more pre ejaculation. Ever. With ED I was down to one small squirt and 2 or 3 dribbles. Now I get at least 5 or 6 dribbles and an occasional squirt. If you want stronger squirts use a cock ring.
18. In the last month or so my cylinders finally got soft and of course my pump was moved so that now it looks and feels natural most of the time. Inside during sex is when it feels the most natural.
19. Snuggling is fine. Sex is superior by far.
20. Had they done it right I would be like a pig in slop.
21. It would take something unusually terrible to make you unable to have an implant. I might die in traffic too.
22. I am mostly and will be completely once I figure out who will do my revision and what I want to happen.
AMS 700 LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Permanently Disfigured by Implant bad measurement. Married 31 years, HB pres 40 years, soft erections 30. Functionally impotent 2+ years. 6.75" inflated. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata