were your tubes preconnected or did surgeon connect them??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfcreek

were your tubes preconnected or did surgeon connect them??

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 am

I'm referring to the two tubes going from the pump to the cylinders. It is my understanding that some surgeons use preconnected ones and some surgeons prefer to measure and connect them themselves (for a more precise fit I suppose). Did your surgeon tell you which he did for your implant??

radioradio

Re: were your tubes preconnected or did surgeon connect them??

Postby radioradio » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am

wolfcreek wrote:I'm referring to the two tubes going from the pump to the cylinders. It is my understanding that some surgeons use preconnected ones and some surgeons prefer to measure and connect them themselves (for a more precise fit I suppose). Did your surgeon tell you which he did for your implant??

My surgeon used the pre-connected style, I'm almost certain. I think this was a factor in having the pump end up high near the base of my penis. I am scheduled for a revision on 12/13/71 to remove this pump and replace it with one that is not pre-connected allowing for a longer overall tubing length and a lower, anterior position.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Coloplast IPPs (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis) are manufactured unconnected and the surgeon connects the tubing after impanting the IPP just before testing and closing the incisions.

AMS IPPS are shipped fully assembled and the surgeon does not have the means to adjust tubing length.

This I have learned from reading medical journal articles and what Dr. Eid wrote to me earlier this year.

I suppose that if an AMS device needs a new pump without revision of the reservoir and the penile portion, connectors are available to allow connecting the new pump. But I do not know this for sure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Sat May 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Have requested my surgeon implant an AMS 700 LGX. May I also request that I would prefer to have the surgeon cut the tubes to fit, rather than have the preconnected tubes?
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Just my opinion, but if the pre-connected tubing is the right length (and I see no reason why it shouldn't be), it's what I'd want. Good luck finding out what my doc used though.

It seems to me that pre-connect should always be sufficient if doc inserts the cylinder from an incision it the right place.
Maybe some put the incision too far from where the tubing exits the cylinders thus shortening the remaining tubing length, thus putting the pump too high in the scrotum?

I think splicing puts one more possibility for the doc to screw up.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat May 04, 2019 11:36 pm

AMS 700 lgx comes in 2 models. 1 with tube length for scrotal installation and 1 with tubes the right length for infra pubic installation. Both pre connected.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun May 05, 2019 12:48 am

I think my first implant was hooked up more like Lily Tomlin as the 'one ringy dingy, two ringy dingy" telephone switchboard operator.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun May 05, 2019 8:42 pm

This is a hot button topic for me. Both of my AMS cards say:Place patient AMS 700 cylinder label here or if using a preconnected system place label here.
next box says: Place AMS 700 MS pump label here if a preconnected system was not used.
My second pump was not from a preconnected system my first one was. I have to assume that both are offered. The preconnected system was designed to be used on a Pygmy.
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”