Your pump horizontal or vertical when standing?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfcreek

Your pump horizontal or vertical when standing?

Postby wolfcreek » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 am

My first pump, an LGX, hung vertical, with the bulb at the bottom of my scrotum. The pump for my revision, a CX, is more or less horizontal, and the bulb to the front. It is extremely difficult (and painful) to reach the deflate button because it is almost inside my body cavity. And one corner of the rectangular part of the pump digs into my right testicle. Anyone know what causes a pump to be horizontal like this?

jmaqQK

Re: Your pump horizontal or vertical when standing?

Postby jmaqQK » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:24 am

Wolfcreek...my LGX pump is vertical - slightly lower than mid point behind / rear of testicles...

I am no expert by any means of course but as you describe now does not sound right...have you tried to pull is down and more vertical...chat with your surgeon

Cheers
63 year old single guy, battled ED since late 40 y/o (spinal-pelvic injury). Had an AMS 700 LGX (21cm + 1cm RTE) fitted on 23rd Sept 2017 (Dr. Tanwar at GNH hospital - medical tourism) and all going well so far ;) ...on a new bionic 'journey'

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:48 am

My LGX pump is vertical. My sac had been rather tight after my testicles shrank from low-t medication. My doc placed the pump below my balls so it fill out my sac and the bulb and deflate are both easily accessible.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 am

wolfcreek wrote:My first pump, an LGX, hung vertical, with the bulb at the bottom of my scrotum. The pump for my revision, a CX, is more or less horizontal, and the bulb to the front. It is extremely difficult (and painful) to reach the deflate button because it is almost inside my body cavity. And one corner of the rectangular part of the pump digs into my right testicle. Anyone know what causes a pump to be horizontal like this?

How long ago was your implant? Peno-Scrotal or Infrapupubic? How many RTEs? These things make a difference in where the pump is as it is settling in.

I have an LGX, 18+3 and m,y pump is low/front, hugging my left testicle and leaning to the right and rear. I believe I will need assistance to get it straightened out. Trying to separate the pump valve from the left testicle just makes it sore. But I am only 12 days out of surgery.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

BustedBob

Postby BustedBob » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Yup, mine's horizontal too with the bulb at the front. I'm told this isn't as it should be and does make deflating tricky but inflating is a piece of cake and it's the inflating that matters right?
ED 20 plus years-venous leakage, Peyronies for the last 3 years.
Implanted October 2017 at UCLH London, England. Titan Touch.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:21 pm

My LGX pump is horizontal on bottom of my sack. The bulb is pointed to the left. It means I have to squeeze it with my left hand, I’m righty. But I have gotten used to It.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”