Learning to use an implant........

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LVhome

Learning to use an implant........

Postby LVhome » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 pm

I have a rather broad question for you guys who have already had an implant. The actual surgery for me is no big deal. But, the part of the process that concerns me the most, is the learning curve that seems to be involved with the inflating/deflating of the device, cycling, etc. I've gotten the impression from some posts that it isn't the easiest thing to master.

The reason for my apprehension is that I had a severe brain injury in 2008. The injury left me with major deficits in my ability to learn new information as well as pretty much destroyed my short term memory. Any feedback back on your experiences will be most appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

LMCatman

Re: Learning to use an implant........

Postby LMCatman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm

It's mechanically pretty simple. The hardest part when you're newly implanted is that you are swollen and nothing feels like or even where you think it should. As you spend the weeks after surgery healing and exploring (gently), you'll get more and more familiar with what's down there. It really is easy to master. It's just that swelling and healing get in the way of learning.

I've had three implants. The first was was poor surgeon selection on my part and I had months of pain and a necessary revision one year later. It was VERY difficult to familiarize myself with my new self because of pain and swelling. Subsequent implants....better surgeon, better results.

IT'S WORTH IT!!!!!!

Good luck...!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm

First of all, you're in good hands. Dr. Eid is one of the best.
Second, this is a surgery, so there is a healing time required. Everyone is different and you've to listen to your body and to your doctor.
Third, the implant is a "prosthesis", meaning it requires rehabilitation and your body has to get used to it. A good example is a knee replacement when the recipient spends at least 3 months exercising and it would take about 6-12 months for the knee to feel like your own. Same principle for the implant: you need to exercise daily (pumping to max and suck it up), then you need to get used to it.
I'm at 8 weeks post-op and still leaning inflate/deflate. It takes time, so you've to be patient.
Good luck my friend.
Matt

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Remember it a learning curve for wife also.yall will have to determine what is the right amount of inflation for her and that yall can do it until 1. Both are physically exhausted 2. She has orgasamed out. 3. After you cum you can keep going. The pumping gets easier. Finding the deflate button is a litle harder. After about 21 times it sem more natural. Other things you have to learn is what to do about the bulge fo you show it or try to hide it. Sitting may have to be adusted because of the pump. Sleeping may be differant at first. Most of it your body will tell you. You may feel discomfort/ burning in places you never felt before

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Thank you for all the responses and helpful hints, guys.
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 pm

LV
Like others have said, this is a slow process. You can start to inflate once released by a doctor. My advise on inflating initially is that you get familiar with the deflation process. Learn where the button is and how to operate it. Nothing worse than inflating to soreness and not being able to deflate. At the begining your pump will likely be hard and stiff. You will only be able to get a small numberod pumps in and also you will have discomfort. The more you cycle the easier your pump will operate and more pumps you can get in. While pumping and pump feels like a rock, pause for a little then resume to get a few more in. Its important to pump regularly. Follow doctors orders. I pumped to discomfort and hold for a while til sore. As time goes on you can pump harder and hold it longer. The importance here is to break up any scar tissue that has formed prior to the implant as well as to help make gains in length/girth as warranted depending on your type implant. Remember, this all takes time. Also, listen to your body and your doctor as mentioned above. It is an easy mechanical process. Pump, hold & release. Good luck !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Thank you, Bandit.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:39 am

I concur with my bretheren.....they have covered the issues perfectly....my comment would be that more than 10 months post op now, my Titan is now simply a part of me and I don't really think too much about it.
It has become very, very easy to operate both up and down which means the pleasure it provides is now the focus, not the surgical process and recovery.....in a word, awesome.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:46 am

Lv
Ask for the keyring model early so that you can start getting familiar with the pump and deflate valve. Wrap it in a washcloth to simulate your sac

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 am

hturner12 wrote:Lv
Ask for the keyring model early so that you can start getting familiar with the pump and deflate valve. Wrap it in a washcloth to simulate your sac

Key ring model. Haven't heard of that. Thank you, hturner.

Return to “Implants”