Learning to use an implant........

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
warrenw

Re: Learning to use an implant........

Postby warrenw » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 pm

BustedBob wrote:Then couldn't find the deflate button so showered, made breakfast and sorted it before I took the dog for a walk.

No point in scaring the dog. :D

sliphill

Re: Learning to use an implant........

Postby sliphill » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 pm

LVhome wrote:I have a rather broad question for you guys who have already had an implant. The actual surgery for me is no big deal. But, the part of the process that concerns me the most, is the learning curve that seems to be involved with the inflating/deflating of the device, cycling, etc. I've gotten the impression from some posts that it isn't the easiest thing to master.

The reason for my apprehension is that I had a severe brain injury in 2008. The injury left me with major deficits in my ability to learn new information as well as pretty much destroyed my short term memory. Any feedback back on your experiences will be most appreciated.

Thanks guys!

It’s really not to difficult at all. It took me all of a week to get comfortable with the mechanics. Good luck.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”