IMPLANTS AND TSA...WARNING!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jackhammerdreamz

Re: IMPLANTS AND TSA...WARNING!

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:35 pm

TSA sucks.

With so many varying experiences I wonder if it's best to just tell them up front before the scan. To avoid any extra searches.

I too am curious to know where you get a prosthesis card.
I'll ask my surgeon about that and report back.
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:42 pm

They the TSA do not care about any cards you may show them. They fcuking always set me aside and brush my chest cause i have a metal aortic valve. They have done it at every airport but they never have got me for the implant. Pisses me off everytime i fly and at times i wish that i could go thru shirtless..... Been thru Atlanta JFK LGA ORD and SFO
and other internationals and never have gotten searched in the crotch....lol :P

I have the " card showing that i have the metal aortic valve" and they don't want to see it.

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Hardrod wrote:They the TSA do not care about any cards you may show them. They fcuking always set me aside and brush my chest cause i have a metal aortic valve. They have done it at every airport but they never have got me for the implant. Pisses me off everytime i fly and at times i wish that i could go thru shirtless..... Been thru Atlanta JFK LGA ORD and SFO

I have the " card showing that i have the metal aortic valve" and they don't want to see it.

Rod

I guess it's the luck of the draw. If the card is useless, then I'll just make sure to give myself more time going through security.
I'm ultra paranoid about missing flights so I usually show up about 2 hours early anyways lmao.
Glad I don't fly often anyway so I don't have to deal with any potential hassles that often.
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

williamb

Postby williamb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:27 pm

I flew out of BWI in Dec 2017, right after having an implant revision. I got to the airport partially inflated and bandaged, the female TSA agent gave me a pat down, called a male TSA agent and he gave me a little more thorough pat down, then he called a supervisor and I told each one that I had just had penile surgery. I waited and then said look I told you that I just had penile surgery and what do you expect, do you want me to pull it out and let you look at it? He said no, go get on your plane.
I am an old cajun guy and we are not going to blow up the plane we are riding in, that I can promise.
I was working for Schlumberger, a large international oilfield service co. when the 9/11 tragedy happened and there was a Muslim guy working with me that tried to explain to me that what happened is not normal Muslim behavior. He said "that was not Muslims that flew the planes into the buildings" , my response was ."Mamadou , I don't know if they were muslim or not but I can damn sure guarantee you that they were not Southern Baptist christians.
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Williamb, now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are that's funny. I've flown several times since my first implant with no hassles.
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

My first flight as a bionic is next week. Hoping I don't have that "Please, don't pay any attention to me look" plastered on my face... :lol:
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Hardrod wrote:They the TSA do not care about any cards you may show them. They fcuking always set me aside and brush my chest cause i have a metal aortic valve. They have done it at every airport but they never have got me for the implant. Pisses me off everytime i fly and at times i wish that i could go thru shirtless..... Been thru Atlanta JFK LGA ORD and SFO

Rod

They have supervisors, report them

Larry

razor1

Postby razor1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Jut cleared TSA at JFK. Went through the body scanner and the guy went to pat me down . Told him I just had penis surgery and had a cardboard roll around it for protection. Told him can show the surgeons letter and he just waved me on :)
45yr old, ED for 20ys in one form or another
Implanted by Dr Eid on 22.02.18 - titan 22cm (left no RTE, right 1cm RTE)
Happy with recovery so far

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Tig Notaro (comedienne who has had a double mastectomy without reconstruction) has, as part of one of her routines, the story of one trip through TSA.

The agents were unable to figure out if she was male or female. So, she was eventually patted down by both male and female agents who finally got a supervisor involved. Tig never gave them a clue and her story of their confusion and consternation is hilarious (but be warned, Notaro's humor is a bit different than most can appreciate).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oaaaak

Postby oaaaak » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:54 am

merrix wrote:Considering I do about 100 flights per year (yes, one hundred), I think I might have some weight to this discussion.
Most of them are international flights within Asia, but dozens are international within Europe or international out of Europe.
The countries I have been flying in to or out from during the close to two years after my implant surgery includes: US, Mexico, Germany, France, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, India, South Korea, China, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, and probably a few more.
Never, ever have I encountered a problem in security because of my implant. What has happened a few times when I forget to perfect the position of my dick before going through, is that the security officer has felt my dick in my pants during the standard pocket search. This happens normally if I wear tight boxers and keep my dick pointing sideways. For some reason, it has been female officers every time, and it is always funny to see her face when she feels a dick reaching way out to the side where a normal flaccid dick won't ever reach...

But again, never ever have I been questioned or exposed to extra search. In two years and >200 flights all over the world.

You must have had a shitty bad luck...
Good luck next time.

Are you a pilot or a flight attendant?

Return to “Implants”