IMPLANTS AND TSA...WARNING!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TomW46

Re: IMPLANTS AND TSA...WARNING!

Postby TomW46 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 pm

I've flown many times with each implant.

Since you've had both, can you comment on the LGX compared to the Titan?
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 am

My implant was picked by the full body scanner this morning. Fortunately I had my implant card with me. Nonetheless I had to have private room pat down. The TSA agent said the implant will always show up in the full body scanner and always allow extra time for check in on future flights.
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

robertm

Postby robertm » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am

Should implanted buys opt out of the full-body scanner and request a manual pat-down to avoid having the implant detected?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Interesting stuff here. I've probably flown 50-60 times domestically and all over Europe since implant and never once even had a pat down, or been stopped to ask about it.
I did lose 2" from the surgery so all I can say is that either mine is too small and/or all you guys are such BIG boys that you have received this kind of treatment! Lucky/Unlucky You... :o :shock:
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 am

I get patted down about 50% of the time in the U.S. It seems more common if I am wearing boxers and thus hanging down.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 pm

interesting point about the boxers and the body scanner. This makes a lot of sense. So, if you want to maximize getting through the body scanner with no pat-down, maybe wearing tighter underwear which holds penis straight up or tighter to the body might be good ? Seems to make sense.

By the way, I am surprised that some have had issue with TSA and the implant. I have never had an issue requiring any verbal explanation. The worst I have had is just a minor pat down, and

NOBODY has tried to touch my junk, at least none of the TSA boys have, -- flight attendants, that is a different matter ! :lol: :lol:
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 pm

I dont understand the reason for the grouping/stripsearch/ intense pat down, the body scanner will show it attached. Unles they are so dumb to tn8ng the cylinders are b9ms and the tubing wires. The wand should verify very little metal

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:29 am

hturner12 wrote: to think the cylinders are bombs and the tubing wires.

I don't think any jihad-motivated terrorist would be willing to put a bomb in his penis. When he gets to the afterlife, what does he think he will do with his 72 virgins?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
hturner12 wrote: to think the cylinders are bombs and the tubing wires.

I don't think any jihad-motivated terrorist would be willing to put a bomb in his penis. When he gets to the afterlife, what does he think he will do with his 72 virgins?

:lol: great point!
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm

palace01 wrote:Interesting stuff here. I've probably flown 50-60 times domestically and all over Europe since implant and never once even had a pat down, or been stopped to ask about it.
I did lose 2" from the surgery so all I can say is that either mine is too small and/or all you guys are such BIG boys that you have received this kind of treatment! Lucky/Unlucky You... :o :shock:

I think that is the difference. Looking at the posts in this thread, anyone who is 24 cm or less gets through security TSA as if they were "regular mortal males" .

However, when the body scanner picks up a dick that has an implant bigger than 24 cm, the person reviewing the scan thinks "No way. That is super natural, There is no male on earth with that level of endownment !" And they push the button for extra screening (maybe out of jealousy).
Last edited by TANGERINE on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”