Implant, libido, worries

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DepressedSwede

Re: Implant, libido, worries

Postby DepressedSwede » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 am

Yes, I know that it is something that we all worry about.

However this case feels a little bit special, since the possible infection signs came 18 months after the procedure, from an unknown distant source.
This causes a real concern and source of stress for me, since this means that the implant can get infected at any time, capsule or not.

Sorry, this was kind of off topic.

hturner12 wrote:Swede
The infection thing is something we all worry about. If you think you have one contact your dr. Infection rates have gone down drastic in the past few years. Worst case would be a revision. Contact Larry he went thru it
Swedish 29 year old, implanted with a Titan 2016.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 pm

DepressedSwede wrote:Yes, I know that it is something that we all worry about.

However this case feels a little bit special, since the possible infection signs came 18 months after the procedure, from an unknown distant source.
This causes a real concern and source of stress for me, since this means that the implant can get infected at any time, capsule or not.

The infection thing is something we all worry about. If you think you have one contact your dr. Infection rates have gone down drastic in the past few years. Worst case would be a revision. Contact Larry he went thru it

Yes I did. One month after I was implanted my pain and swelling not only was not going away but was getting worse. Then I started having hallucinations and fever. My local urologist told me to immediately contact the surgeon. 24 hours later I was in the OR and my implant was removed. I was in septic shock and almost died. I have to wait 6 months and on Dec 14th I get my implant back. BE CAREFUL. If you have any signs of infection, see a doctor immediately.

Larry

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

Yes I did. One month after I was implanted my pain and swelling not only was not going away but was getting worse. Then I started having hallucinations and fever. My local urologist told me to immediately contact the surgeon. 24 hours later I was in the OR and my implant was removed. I was in septic shock and almost died. I have to wait 6 months and on Dec 14th I get my implant back. BE CAREFUL. If you have any signs of infection, see a doctor immediately.

Larry

To add to Larry's point, any sign of infection: pain the groin, hard shiny spot on your scortum. Do not wait for fever, it will be too late. GO TO EMERGENCY, you need to be on Antibiotic right away. Tell them you just had implant, they will take that very very seriously. Then the next morning you call your surgeon.
Also, the chances you get an infection during the surgery is quite low. It'll be mostly acquired after the fact, so maintain good hygiene and do not rush sex.
Last edited by medhatg on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:39 pm

medhatg wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

To add to Larry's point, any sign of infection: pain the groin, hard shiny spot on your scortum. Do not wait for fever, it will be too late. GO TO EMERGENCY, you need to be on Antibiotic right away. Tell them you just had implant, they will take that very very seriously. Then the next morning you call your surgeon.

Yup, good point. Infection does not necessarily mean you will lose the implant, just if it's too late to save it (or you).

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:35 pm

medhatg wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Also, the chances you get an infection during the surgery is quite low. It'll be mostly acquired after the fact, so maintain good hygiene and do not rush sex.

Do not forget about burning when you pee that could be uti

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:45 am

hturner12 wrote:
medhatg wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Do not forget about burning when you pee that could be uti

Absolutely, nice addition to symptoms. Thanks Hugh.

Larry

Return to “Implants”