Only Dr. Eid‘s patients: angle of erection?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
maxxxxx

Re: Only Dr. Eid‘s patients: angle of erection?

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:40 am

Yes Larry :)

not kidding,
i'm waiting them .. they are traveling to my home.. husband sent pics of her in the car.
Last edited by maxxxxx on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:03 am

maxxxxx wrote:Yes Larry :)

I'm waiting them .. they are traveling for my home.. husband sent me pics of her in the car.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:53 pm

strongagain wrote:Dr. Eid is against RTEs, according to him they influence the angle of erection badly, i e the tip of the penis often faces downwards.Therefore my question, where is the tip of your penis pointing to? If you don‘t have any RTEs, your penis should point upwards...

Ultimate angle of erection is something over which I have a LOT of concerns, but have not focused on it very much because there is very little in the Medical Journals I ave found about the factors that affect that. One Journal article (Dr Eid was a co-author, by the way) extensively tested rigidity and angular stability as affected by RTEs (Rear Tip Extenders), but very little was said about the angle or erection when implanted in a human male. The texting was done in a machine of emplants not inside a person.

I opine that angel of erection is mostly affected by the supporting tissues/musculature around the base of the penis/implant. These tissues support the proximal end of the implant (the end mounted in the crus of your pelvic bone) distal (further out front) to the join/interface between the rear tip ant the inflatable tubes. Since that interface is very flexible (I have heard), the tissues in your body must give all the support your implant is going to get.

So, the further forward the (flexible) joint between the rear tip and the inflatable tubes is pushed by adding RTEs, the less of your own tissues there are to give that support to the erection angle. Also, the less leverage they will have.

But since I cannot control that, and the fitment of the tips into the glans is more important than the angle of erection I have not delved into this question overmuch. I am just hoping for the best.

Also, RTEs are sometimes used to allow the tubes leading to the pump to be positioned so that the pump can be located deep in the scrotum for easier access for pumping and deflation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

archway

Postby archway » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Dr Eid used on 1 cm RTE for the right cylinder only. Not sure why, however deflated and erect, everything appears symmetrical . No problems what so ever, so for me it's a non issue.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 am

I opine that angel of erection is mostly affected by the supporting tissues/musculature around the base of the penis/implant. These tissues support the proximal end of the implant (the end mounted in the crus of your pelvic bone) distal (further out front) to the join/interface between the rear tip ant the inflatable tubes. Since that interface is very flexible (I have heard), the tissues in your body must give all the support your implant is going to get.

Excellent posting. More or less the same had told me my doctor. The other postings show me that the angle of erection hasn't much to do with the RTEs. Some people here have RTE's but the penis is pointing down. Another has RTE's but the penis is pointing up.In my opinion it has much more to to do with personal fitness. If you have strong pelvic base muscles the base of your penis is much better supported.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 am

Everybody here wishes they had an angel of erection.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:12 am

dg_moore wrote:Everybody here wishes they had an angel of erection.

Except you of course ;)
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 am

strongagain wrote:
dg_moore wrote:Everybody here wishes they had an angel of erection.

Except you of course ;)

True - I speak only as an observer, but there was a time when I was a participant.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:08 pm

You be the judge.
download/file.php?id=1699
I'd say close to 2 o'clock.

As for the never-ending RTE discussion, I think it does matter. Probably not so much in the early days. But as time goes by, several factors will potentially negatively affect the angle:
* The constant pressure on the crus tissue as the RTEs don't deflate
* The thinner diameter of the RTEs compared to the inflatable cylinders, especially the AMS RTEs which are only 9 mm compared to Titan RTEs which are 13 mm.
* The fact that the natural bending point, or the weakest link of the whole implant, is the point where the fixed part ends and the inflatable part begins. It is obvious that the further out this point is, the more the dick will tend to bend down due to gravity (and of course force when having sex).

And as said, this will probably gradually develop over years of tissue loosening. Maybe nothing even noticeable for some, and maybe a lot for some. All bodies are different...

Another factor is the length of the crus, the internal part of your dick. The longer it is, the better the angle. This is just simply because the longer the internal part, the more support for the implant behind the base of the penis, where gravity and force will bend it and reduce the angle. It is sort of the same reasoning as why RTEs lower the angle since the natural bending point ends up further out.
A deep crus with no RTEs will move the joint between fixed and inflatable part as far back as ever possible.
According to my doc I was lucky to have a very deep crus. Combined with no RTEs it has given me a decent angle. And of course, maybe a longer implant needed than most others need for my dick size...
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 am

my angle of erection is the same as it was before operation. three oclock (straight out) .

My rigidity is excellent, and I can hold up a thick bath towel with my erection.

Overall, very happy with the quality of the erection, and wife is happy too (I think that rigidity might be important for generating the right amount of clitoral pressure during penetration and thrusting -- that pressure is what leads to multiple orgasms -- I think)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”