Got a Coloplast Titan and need lower back MRI..

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
palace01

Got a Coloplast Titan and need lower back MRI..

Postby palace01 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Hopefully Something of interest,,,
I've Got a Coloplast Titan and need lower back MRI..
First company I called said they did not have the equipment to do MRI on someone with Penile Implant.
Next company wanted to know lots of details such as model, type, date of implant, etc..

I never got any cards or paperwork after surgery, so called the Drs office where I got implant. They sent me a copy of a Fax (MRI Compatibility) that 'looks like' they received it directly from Coloplast and included...

"Coloplast's penile Prostheses contain components fabricated from metals and are therefore MRI Conditional.

Genesis, Acu-Form and Malleable prostheses are composed of silicone, a silver (99.7% pure) coil, and a polypropylene connector. In addition the Acu-Form and Genesis contain a silver core (99.7% pure) and a polyurethane elastomer

Titan, Alpha-1, Excel, and Mark II inflatable prostheses are composed of polyurethane, silicone, polysulfone, nylon and MP35N. The Titan and Alpha-I devices also contain a small amount of glass fiber.

ALL Coloplast penile Prostheses are MRI conditional per testing commissioned by Coloplast and undertaken in July 2007
Testing resulted in both Malleable and Inflatable penile prostheses being verified as MRI conditional to :--
- Static field of 3 Tesla or less
- Spatial gradient field of 720 gauss/cm or less
- Maximum whole body averaged specific absorption rate (SAR) or 3 W/kg for 15 minutes of MR scanning.

In non-clinical testing, MR image quality may be compromised if the area of interest is in the exact same area or relatively close to the position of the prosthesis. Therefore it may be necessary to optimize MR Imaging parameters for the presence of the penile implant.""

I have the Titan model so, Based on the above info I have contacted my local Methodist Hospital to see if they can perform the MRI on my Lower Back. Don't know what to do if they say No as my Neurosurgeon needs to see one !

-
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

radioradio

Re: Got a Coloplast Titan and need lower back MRI..

Postby radioradio » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Palace01,
I can't speak to the Titan question specifically. I have an AMS LGX and had a lower back MRI about 6 weeks after the implant. They asked if I had any implants, pacemakers, etc. I told them about the penile implant, and that was all there was to it. No more questions, and no problems.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:20 pm

I also had a lower back MRI with my Titan in place. The tech asked about implanted devices and I told him about the Titan - he said they have done tons of MRIs on guys with both Titan and AMS devices and there is no problem.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Initially my Dr Office thought I had AMS so sent me the following from Boston Scientific..

""""Urology and Pelvic Health
10700 Bren Road West
Minnetonka, MN 55343
www.bostonscientific.com
August 2015
MRI Information
Several Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) studies have concluded that the AMS products listed below w ill not produce additional risks to patients in association with MRI procedures
under the conditions used for testing. In these investigations, AMS products underwent evaluations for magnetic field interactions at 1.5 and/or 3.0 Tesla. No unsafe magnetic field interactions were identified by this research.
MRI Safe
The following AMS product does not contain metallic components and therefore is considered MRI Safe.
• AdVance™Male Sling System
MRI Conditional (“MR Conditional”)

Some AMS products are MRI Conditional up to 3.0 Tesla. These products include:
• AMS 800™ Urinary Control System
• Inflatable Penile Prostheses: AMS 700™ CX , CXM, CXR, Ultrex™, Ultrex Plus, AMS 700 LGX™
• AMS Ambicor™ Inflatable Penile Prostheses
• Spectra™ Penile Prostheses
MR parameters for these products are provided in the individual device’s instructions for use as well as on pages 3-6 of this document.
Additional MRI testing was conducted on some AMS devices at 1.5 and 3.0 Tesla to evaluate the impact of MR imaging on the devices that contain metallic components. Testing conducted at 1.5 Tesla concluded that torque, deflection angle, and heating/temperature change results for the following products w ere found acceptable:
• AMS Artificial Urinary Sphincters 791™ and 792™
• InVance™ Male Incontinence Sling System
• Malleables: Dynaflex™/ Hydroflex™
• Malleables: AMS 600™/ 600M™ / 650™/ Dura II™; and Spectra™
• UroLume™ Endoprosthetic Stent
• AMS Mainstay™Urologic Soft Tissue Anchor

Testing conducted at 3.0 Tesla concluded that torque and deflection angle results for the
follow ing products w ere found acceptable:
• AMS Artificial Urinary Sphincters 791™ and 792™
• InVance™ Male Incontinence Sling System
• Malleables: Dynaflex™/ Hydroflex™
• Malleables: AMS 600™/ 600M™/ 650™/ Dura II™
• UroLume™ Endoprosthetic Stent
• AMS Mainstay™ Urologic Soft Tissue Anchor
AMS Company Contact: Elizabeth Rae, AMS Senior Patient Liaison, at 800-328-3881 extension 6261, or 952-930-6261, or Email at Patient.Liaison@AMMD.com, Monday-Friday until 4:00pm Central Time.""""

Bottom line seems to be that apart from the reference from Coloplast that an implant close to area of Image could reduce the quality of the image, they say the same thing as Coloplast in terms of 'Conditional'...
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:27 am

I had no probs
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

archway

Postby archway » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:28 am

Had an MRI for herniated disc. No problems with the Titan.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:36 am

Geez... can you tell that we are all wearing out? Look at the number of us in short order that said yes I have had an MRI and it didn't have any negative effects on my Penile Implant. :)

Larry

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:49 am

MRI's are the least of it, and of course we're wearing out. Evolutionarily we were designed to last 45 or 50 years so the further past that mark we get the more stuff breaks. And with advances in medicine, stuff that would have killed us years ago lets us keep going.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

HEMAN99

Postby HEMAN99 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:16 pm

What happens in case if we don’t disclose to MRI that we have an implant?
Got Implanted on Sep 20th with Dr. Kramer. I have 16cm+5cm rte CXR

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Metal inside your body a super strong magnetic field. Possible metal in your body getting super hot or getting sucked out

Welders and anyone else that could have metal in eyes may have to get a clearance from an eye doctor

Return to “Implants”