Comparison AMS 700™ CX & Coloplast™ Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ocitgo

Comparison AMS 700™ CX & Coloplast™ Titan

Postby ocitgo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 pm

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Larry10625

Re: Comparison AMS 700™ CX & Coloplast™ Titan

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 am

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
"AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. I'm from Belleville, Ontario, CANADA. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait."

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

medhatg

Patient satisfaction study - AMS 700™ CX & Coloplast™ Titan

Postby medhatg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:34 am

I found this interesting one too:
Comparison of the patient and partner satisfaction with 700CX and Titan penile prostheses.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26806085
One intriguing statement from the study:" Most patients were able to manage the penile prosthesis correctly within 6 months."
So hang in there gents who just started cycling.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:03 am

I saw this "Blast From The Past" and had to re-post. Keep in mind that this doctor not only does implant surgery but has an implant himself. I am going to try to contact him and see if he can update us. Happy reading. :)

Larry

I have seen several post and have been asked if the Titan would be a better choice because of problems with revision, etc. I dediced to go to an expert for his opinion.

This is a copy of the email I sent Todd Doran at Vanderbilt and his responce.

Jackp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon 2/15/2010 8:22 PM
To: Doran, Todd James
Subject: Question

Todd

I have been getting comments like the following in emails and it is being posted on the internet.

Yes jack, he use the TITAN, that is the device i have chosen, i know many guys complain about size with it, but the material last longer and tissue does not grows into the polytetrafluoroethyl-ene sleeve.

Im just 37 and i have to avoid issues like art or others like him. Aneurysm is more common in AMS than TITAN.

If i were 55+ LGX would be chosen by sure 100%.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Jack

Old devices did suffer from aneurysm and tissue adhesion but cylinders were redesigned and don't suffer that same fate. Haven't seen an aneurysmal dilation with the new cylinder at all. Titan is a good device and we place them periodically in the larger penis >7 inches b/c their cylinder helps get the larger penis more rigid. We just find few candidates where a Titan makes more sense, despite most guys opinion about their penile size. Titan is not our go to device because we like the LGX cylinders better and feels more natural than Titan.

Todd J. Doran, MS, PA-C
Associate in Urologic Surgery
Dept of Urologic Surgery
Vanderbilt University
A-1302 MCN
Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-2880 Office
(615) 322-8058 FAX
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 am

Larry10625 wrote:

I saw this "Blast From The Past" and had to re-post. I am going to try to contact him and see if he can update us. Happy reading. :)

Larry

I have seen several post and have been asked if the Titan would be a better choice because of problems with revision, etc. I dediced to go to an expert for his opinion.

This is a copy of the email I sent Todd Doran at Vanderbilt and his responce.

Jackp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon 2/15/2010 8:22 PM
To: Doran, Todd James
Subject: Question

Todd

I have been getting comments like the following in emails and it is being posted on the internet.

Yes jack, he use the TITAN, that is the device i have chosen, i know many guys complain about size with it, but the material last longer and tissue does not grows into the polytetrafluoroethyl-ene sleeve.

Im just 37 and i have to avoid issues like art or others like him. Aneurysm is more common in AMS than TITAN.

If i were 55+ LGX would be chosen by sure 100%.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Jack

Old devices did suffer from aneurysm and tissue adhesion but cylinders were redesigned and don't suffer that same fate. Haven't seen an aneurysmal dilation with the new cylinder at all. Titan is a good device and we place them periodically in the larger penis >7 inches b/c their cylinder helps get the larger penis more rigid. We just find few candidates where a Titan makes more sense, despite most guys opinion about their penile size. Titan is not our go to device because we like the LGX cylinders better and feels more natural than Titan.

Todd J. Doran, MS, PA-C
Associate in Urologic Surgery
Dept of Urologic Surgery
Vanderbilt University
A-1302 MCN
Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-2880 Office
(615) 322-8058 FAX
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 am

I love my AMS CX 700! Because my Urologist used RTEs, I have a nice 6" flaccid and a 7" erection. I lost absolutely no size and my girth is returning. I am impressed with my new package! If your pleased with your results, does it really matter what you have?
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

INfarmer

Postby INfarmer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am

Just started to cycle my brand new AmX 700 CX and I am in love with it and the wife has even played around pumping it and stuff and says she loves it and loves how it is just as hard as it was back when we met, said she can’t tell difference in feel other then if she is pushing on glans before fully (at this first week of cycling) pumping it up. I was 7 1/2” and very girth back in the day and right now it seems to be going back
To the girth...length - well I have to lose 50 pounds or so
52 married 25 years, ED started when I was in military from nerve damage back & PTSD in 2003 following my last deployment. Implant was done at Hines VAMC by Loyola University. They implanted a AMS 700 CX (18 cm with 5 cm tips) installed on 10/4/2017.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:20 am

Okay why does the AMS feel more natural?

Could it be because the Titan is thicker and more rigid. Maybe it is thickness.
I have read some guys don't pump it up totally.
It becomes to hard.
Think the slightly more girth would be better for the woman.
Thank you
Bond
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:25 pm

We probably need someone who has had both the AMS LGX and a Coloplast Titan to ever hear a real comparison. I wonder what the current percentage of installs are for each? I asked for an LGX but told the Dr. to do what he thought best. I probably ended up with a Titan due to the Peyronies, even though it was very minor. I'm guessing that any curvature, hourglass, etc. usually equals Titan, due to the more rigid cylinders. If I ever get to pump this thing up, maybe I'll know more.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 pm

I just happened to stumble on to a video from just last month. The guy had both brands and liked the Titan so much more he had the AMS pulled out and a Titan put back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBUNxH4ogLo
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Return to “Implants”