a physics question about the LGX implant device

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmikesaw

a physics question about the LGX implant device

Postby dmikesaw » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:53 am

I know that the synthetic material the LGX is made of is supposed to stretch ("expand"), over time, in both length and girth. Everybody knows that the material it is made of (dacron and lycra, I believe) will stretch - just think of that favorite pair of "expandable waistline" slacks you probably own. They're probably made of one of these same materials, right?

But I got to thinking about this. I am no physics whiz kid, however, so maybe one of you can help me understand how this "expanding" works in conjunction with the saline solution used in the implant.

This is what I'm thinking: my reservoir contains a fixed amount of normal saline solution, and as far as I know, liquid saline solution doesn't expand in size/volume (unlike a gas). It is what it is, you might say. So when I have pumped all of the saline solution out of the reservoir and into the two implant cylinders, how can they ultimately get bigger in both length and girth at the same time? Wouldn't that violate the laws of physics?

Being a liquid, wouldn't the volume of the saline solution always stay the same? If it expands in length wouldn't it lose girth? And if the girth expands wouldn't the length decrease? I pumped all of the saline solution into the cylinders the first time I inflated, and I continue to do so daily. How can this fixed amount of saline solution somehow magically increase in volume after a few months/years?

Now, I can understand how both dimensions could expand simultaneously IF some additional saline solution were to be added to the reservoir (topping it up, if you will).

Perhaps I am overlooking something very basic here? Could anybody explain the physics of this simultaneous length and girth expansion?

knotreel

Re: a physics question about the LGX implant device

Postby knotreel » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 am

No mystery here, no laws of physicis violated. I has able to see all the pieces before implantation ( not the actual ones they put in). THe resevoir was HUGE. It appeared to be able to hold plently fluid, enought so that it will not be the limiting factor. However, after you bring this up, iy makes me wonder if the guys with large, fat and long, implants have to have larger sized resevoirs to fill these larger implants.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:54 am

But you are missing my point. If anything, the doctor will underfill the reservoir (to prevent complications). What I am saying is how can an implant somehow expand in multiple dimensions suddenly after several months/years? I pump mine till all the fluid is in the cylinders (you can tell because the bulb in the scrotum becomes rock hard suddenly when you have pumped the reservoir empty).

The fluid then is in my cylinders. Saline solution does not expand like a gas would. How would this set amount of fluid somehow expand and cause sudden expansion (in multiple dimensions) after a period of time (months or years)? If it did get longer suddenly, wouldn't it have to lose size in diameter? I mean, the amount of fluid in the cylinders doesn't change if you pump all of it from the reservoir everytime.......................

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:41 am

dmike..
I am not trying to insult your intel but look at it this way.
Each cylinder holds say 1/2 oz. of saline. You pump each full.
Pump is rock hard to use your words. You still haven't emptied it.
The storage bulb holds 1.5 oz. there is still 1/2 oz. in the system.
This allows for stretching.
In reality you will not use all the saline as the cylinders expand/stretch.
First I do not know the actual amount of fluid each item holds or contains.
My research found that there is a larger quanity of saline than you could
possibly use without causing some problems. The cylinders expand both
vertically and horizonally at the same time. Not a lot but they do grow/stretch over time.
I really don't think you can compare them to pants.
Perhaps you are worried just a little to much. Your doctor should be able and more than willing
to discuss these issues with you! Best of luck to you!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:25 am

Thanks for your input; makes sense. I'll look into it too, and see how much fluid my reservoir was filled with. Then I will check the cylinder and buld capacity. I had just assumed the bulb getting rock hard meant that the reservoir was empty. Never was very good at physics/math.......................

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:30 am

Mike, the resevoir is BIG! and I think it is completely filled, otherwise you would have air poctkets in thesystem and this would cause difficult opperation of the unit. When the bulb gets hard, this just means that the cylinders are getting at the point you extra pumping will start to stretch the cylinders and hopfully your penis. Try this, pump it up then wait a couple of minutes and pump some more and repeat this another time. If yours is like mine you will find that it does expand some more and it causes me to get uncomfortable well before the hour of implant "break in" time I was doing. So, this might help to address your floppy head issue too as you force extra expansion. I think you have plently fluid and the limiting factor is how much the clinders will hold and how much you penis will expand. Just maybe you haven't been going far enought with you inflations?
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:22 am

Well, the first 15-20 pumps aren't too difficult, but when it does get difficult to squeeze/won't squeeze anymore (somewhere around 18-20 pumps) I wonder if there is any danger in my continuing to try. As hard as I am squeezing I wonder if I won't blow one of the cylinders or the tubing or one of the fittings (like an industrial pump would). Have you heard of any limitations on how hard you can safely squeeze without damaging the implant equipment? I mean, I want to squeeze as much as possible while pumping every day (so as to cause the implant to expand), but I got a $20,000 cash investment in that thing so I don't want to blow it out!
Last edited by dmikesaw on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:43 am

I think use some common sense on hard hard you can pump without blowing something up. That said, some guys talked about using pliers! I hope they were kidding? I think common sense would rule that out? I sometimes have used both hands, that is thumb and forefinger then my other hands thumb and forefinger over that. But now I am almost fully "broken in" and don't need that much pressure anymore. Are you getting inflated up to the point of some pain in the tip or base area? During break in I used the pain level as a guide, I tried to push the limits as time went on. I don't know about your unequal lenght problem, about all you can do now is keep inflating daily ( I was inflating as much as I could stand for an hour). I can still get pain if I really inflate as much as I can, however this is way beyond the point of being rock hard and it is not really growing lenght wise after passing the point of rock hard. THe pain that that can give me is in the base now. Early on, the pain was mostly in the tips, now that is long gone.

Return to “Implants”