Intro and a question. Repost from Welcome Forum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bakermc

Intro and a question. Repost from Welcome Forum

Postby Bakermc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:20 am

Hello,

I live in New Jersey and found this site by searching implants. I'm 58 and have ED for 4 years. I'm married with 5 great children ranging from 33 years old to 5.....wow go figuere ED after the 5th...lol. I've tried pills and injections. I didn't try the pump just didn't feel it would work on me. I'm all set to have an implant on November 8, 2011 and been on the internet checking all about it. My doctor is great and he suggested to look into an implant. I don't know which one is being installed. All I was told it will be the latest and greatest on the market. I'm kind of nervous of the size loss. I'm large in both areas and I really do like the way it looked and hoping it will be close. Last time I checked it was 7.5 long and using a tape measure it was 7 round. I was told it looked like an apple on a stick...lol. I also have lymphedima from birth which also contributes to the size. I haven't had a good and I mean a good erection for a while. Even using injections didn't work and that made me nuts. Reading about the lose of length in some of the forums is making me have 2nd thoughts. But I'm going to have it done...I want my fun times back...My doctor hasn't performed any test's on me as to sizing, stretching or anything involving the implant. I will be doing pre admission testing but that's all. Is this normal??? I do trust him very much. He did give me a number of a patient to call which I haven't done yet. My wife is very supportive and really can't wait. It's been tough on my mind not being able to use it. My wife is 44 and is ready to start up her engine again for me.

Any way I appreciate the information on this site and will give updates as time goes on. Any suggestions will be appreciated....Thanks guys for listening.

Baker

hockey

Re: Intro and a question. Repost from Welcome Forum

Postby hockey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 am

Barkermc,
Welcome to what I think is the greatest site to get all the answers you need to help you deal with ED.
Please read everything you can get a hold of. Trust your doctor and make a list of your concerns to discuss with him. Do not be afraid to take your wife along. She needs the same answers you do. She may even have some questions of her own.
Once you have made the commitment to go bionic relax and enjoy the ride.
You should check out the chatroom for live first had responses.
FT gave me all the courage I needed and asnwers all my question.
It is my opinion that the level of pain and discomfort you will experience are directedly related to just how much information you can consume before your operation.
Confidence and desire to return to the real world sexually greatly reduces the depression if not totally removing it. I know it did for me. A happy home is a happy wife. If she is supportive just makes it all that much better. I can tell from your post you are on the way back to a happy, happy life. Good for you and best of luck!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Return to “Implants”