Cannot pump my AMS LGX to a decent erection

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
medhatg

Cannot pump my AMS LGX to a decent erection

Postby medhatg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am

First, thank you for everyone's wonderful support here.
2 days ago, I got activated by my doctor 3 weeks post op. I'm implanted with LGX 700(24+4). The surgery and the healing went nice. Here comes the important part, unfortunately, I cannot pump to the full hard erection all of you guys are talking about. The pump is like a piece of rock and all I get is a limp dick. I tried the following:
- Completely deflate, the quickly press the pump to get the "pop".
- Sit in the bathtub and try to work-out the pump.
- Wait for few minutes, then try pumping again.
Any ideas, advices?
Thank you in advance

abob30

Re: Cannot pump my AMS LGX to a decent erection

Postby abob30 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm

I don’t mean to hijack your thread medhatg so please excuse me but I was just debating about posting too. I was activated a few days ago as well and although I have the AMS CX, I am having a similar issue as it sounds to me. I can get 3 or 4 pretty good squeezes of the bulb before it gets rock hard. I experience very little expansion length wise and it droops down between 4 and 5 oclock. I tried adding some more squeezes after 10 or 15 or 30 minutes but there is no difference. Can anyone offer any insight?
Implanted by Dr Kramer in Baltimore on Sept 6, 2017 with an AMS CX 24cm and no extenders. Did pills off and on for 8 or 10 years then transitioned to bimix for a year until it became inconsistent like the pills.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm

abob30 wrote:I don’t mean to hijack your thread medhatg so please excuse me but I was just debating about posting too. I was activated a few days ago as well and although I have the AMS CX, I am having a similar issue as it sounds to me. I can get 3 or 4 pretty good squeezes of the bulb before it gets rock hard. I experience very little expansion length wise and it droops down between 4 and 5 oclock. I tried adding some more squeezes after 10 or 15 or 30 minutes but there is no difference. Can anyone offer any insight?

Abob30, you're describing exactly my experience. Hopefully, we can get some guidance on that. Did you get a chance to talk to Dr. Kramer about it?

abob30

Postby abob30 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

I was so focused on the mechanics of finding, inflating then deflating without squishing my left nut between the deflate button and my thumb that I didn’t think to ask him about whether the pump would ever yield more expansion when it loosens up with use as others have said in some of these posts. I thought it would be a good subject to broach on here as I go through this trial and error phase.
Implanted by Dr Kramer in Baltimore on Sept 6, 2017 with an AMS CX 24cm and no extenders. Did pills off and on for 8 or 10 years then transitioned to bimix for a year until it became inconsistent like the pills.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm

I am 10 weeks since implant. Yes, the pump does get a little easier to squeeze, but not a whole lot yet. Sometimes I can pump for a while without much happening. I think it's the valve not being fully engaged in inflate mode. I press the button for deflate and then start again, and when I feel the "pop" again, I'm good to go.
I've gained a little length, but no girth compared to pre-implant. My dick is still oval -- 2 cylinders side by side, and not much else. But it does get rock hard. 8-)
Bob
Last edited by radioradio on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 pm

radioradio wrote:I am 10 weeks since implant. Yes, the pump does get a little easier to squeeze, but not a whole lot yet. Sometimes I can pump for a while without much happening. I think it's the valve not being fulyl engaged in inflate mode. I press the button for deflate and then start again, and when I feel the "pop" again, I'm good to go.
I've gained a little length, but no girth compared to pre-implant. My dick is still oval -- 2 cylinders side by side, and not much else. But it does get rock hard. 8-)
Bob

Thanks Bob.
I wish I could get hard. Mine is limp and at 4 or 5 o'clock. I also have the oval shape with the cylinders shape quite apparent.
Matt

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm

My method for pumping is that I grab the bulb of the pump between my doubled up right index finger and thumb. Then I place my doubled up left index finger and thumb over the rights. This way I get to use the strength of both hands.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

abob30

Postby abob30 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 pm

abob30 wrote:I don’t mean to hijack your thread medhatg so please excuse me but I was just debating about posting too. I was activated a few days ago as well and although I have the AMS CX, I am having a similar issue as it sounds to me. I can get 3 or 4 pretty good squeezes of the bulb before it gets rock hard. I experience very little expansion length wise and it droops down between 4 and 5 oclock. I tried adding some more squeezes after 10 or 15 or 30 minutes but there is no difference. Can anyone offer any insight?

I meant to clarify in my initial post that I am fairly rigid at the time I inflate my dick with 4 squeezes of the bulb just not so much that I am at a 3 o clock position. I’m not certain if that would be sufficient for sex without actually trying. My gut says that it may be going to a gun fight with a knife.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 pm

abob30 wrote:I meant to clarify in my initial post that I am fairly rigid at the time I inflate my dick with 4 squeezes of the bulb just not so much that I am at a 3 o clock position. I’m not certain if that would be sufficient for sex without actually trying. My gut says that it may be going to a gun fight with a knife.

Just curious, how deep can you press the pump? Mine is always like a rock, very minimal movement when I press.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Getting past that "pop" with an LGX seems to be the most difficult part at the beginning. Once you learn how to do that, I have experienced and have heard from other guys, then you can continue to pump until it will pump no more and your dick is completely hard (and do something like saying, "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi,..." to give a period to let the pump refill before pumping it again). Some doctors have assistants and/or patients to help newly-implanted guys work through that initial "pop" -- I have done that for a couple of patients of my urologist.

Return to “Implants”