Joined the Bionic Brotherhood

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Eugene

Joined the Bionic Brotherhood

Postby Eugene » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Dr. Mellon and his chief resident Dr. Tatum implanted an AMS700 at the VA Hospital in Indianapolis on September 25th. I am now at home on my second week of recovery and beginning to feel better and stronger. That might have been a day surgery event but darn that operation was debilitating and I was fragile, in pain and disabled for a week.

Now trying to pee without hitting the ceiling, with my partially inflated dick, is the only frustrating part. I did not get any instructions to deflate or monkey with the device until I return on October 18th. Sleeping has been difficult as I could not find a comfortable position, but once the swelling of my nut sack reduced from "grapefruit" proportions, I got better sleep. :lol:

I was instructed to pull down on the pump bulb twice a day to prevent the device from migrating up into my groin. EEK, I hope that doesn't happen. That was in my written instructions and I am unsure how hard to pull, as most of you know the sac is rather sensitive at this time.

I recently retired and am laying around the hose doing light chores until I get tired. But, I am getting bored watching TV.

Anyway I just wanted to report in and let folks know of my journey and I can't wait until October 19th for the next stage...pumping, deflating and usage!

I welcome all and any advice at this point.
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

AirWolf

Re: Joined the Bionic Brotherhood

Postby AirWolf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Welcome Eugene,

At day 14 most swelling for me was almost gone, maybe 10 to 20% above normal size. By day 21 it's back to normal and I can walk OK. I still make use of a pillow between my knees to make note room for the acronym for sleeping.

Dr. Kramer didn't tell me to pull on the pump, but this may be dependent on how the pump sits once placed. My scrotum is on the smaller side. There are a few threads on pump pulling that you could search for.
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:18 pm

You still need to take easy dont over do it even if you think you can. When you start cycling go slow you will be breaking scar tissue. Be prepared for burning at the tips. Ice still needs to be your friend just not you best friend

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Hello Bionic Brother!
I am 16 days post implant surgery. Each of us reacts differently to the surgery and we all had variations in our surgeries depending on our surgeons. I was very lucky to have very little swelling or bruising.

Before my surgery I had read a lot about doctors telling guys to pull on the pump so it settles into the scrotum. Mine didn't mention it so I asked about it and he said I didn't need to because he had it well anchored. It has not shifted at all. Like a comment above, I do not have low hanging balls and my sac doesn't have much extra room beyond my small to average size balls so that may be more common in guys with lowhangers.

What I do relate to from your post is trouble peeing due to the upward angle of the erection the doctor left me with. I ended up calling and got in for an unscheduled spot and got him to deflate it a bit so I could use the toilet. I had resorted to going outside or peeing when I took a shower. If your doc is local to you, you might do the same.

Best wishes to you on your recovery.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 am

Welcome to the brotherhood. Wishing you hard times ahead. My advice is to chill for another week. Hurrying this process up didn't work for me.
Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 am

Eugene wrote:Now trying to pee without hitting the ceiling, with my partially inflated dick, is the only frustrating part.

This may sound weird but sometimes I needed to do it: I sat on the toilet seat in reverse, facing the wall, my dick under the toilet seat and pushed down a bit so I wouldn't pee through the little space between the seat and the porcelain toilet itself.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:16 am

Welcome to our bionic brotherhood Eugene. I am now past one year post implant. I couldn't be happier and I am quite pleased with the results. It gets easier to sleep but not on your stomach as that stiffie gets in the way. Later you'll thank God for that stiff dick. You'll be fine. Take it easy, rest and let your dick heal. Being bionic is awesome!!! Again welcome!
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Eugene

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks for all the encouraging replies.

Tomorrow I return to the VA clinic for my follow up, and hopefully clearance to inflate and deflate the "boner". I have been recovering just fine and have followed my patient instructions faithfully.

Before the surgery, I could never have imagined having a boner for about FOUR WEEKS?! LOL :D
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I will join tomorrow at about 7:30 am. I looked at the AMX LGX and the Coloplast Titan today. The tips are shaped differently and the deflate button on the pumps are different. The deflate button on the Titan was difficult to operate. The tips on the LGX are rather blunt. The Titan feels sturdier and more durable. I told the Dr (Kramer) to put in whatever he thought would work best for me. Because I have some Peyronies curve he will probably use the Titan. He's also going to strengthen my right side because I have a slight hernia there. And he's going to take out some of my excess scrotal sack. I asked about lipo of the pubic area but he recommended against it due to increased risk of infection/complication. I'll try to report back in a few days on my progress.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Good luck on your surgery brother. You'll be one of the elite bionic brotherhood. 'May God Guide the Hands of your Surgeon'
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”