Which Model is the right one for me?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
liber.tine

Which Model is the right one for me?

Postby liber.tine » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi guys,
On the 20th Oct. i will get an implant.
I gotta say iam still unsure about the model. In the first consultation with my doc, he basically said, that both AMS and Titan will fit. After some weeks, as he recognized that iam having a hard time to decide for one model, he told me his recommendation would be the Titan for me.
He claimed that i will be happier with it, since iam a young patient (28) and looking for an efficient implant.
Also he said that the erection with longer penises is more stable with the Titan ( I have a 15,7cm Penis). I wouldnt consider myself having a long penis but he said its more than avarage...

My biggest concern about the Titan is the comfort in flaccid mode. Many users here tell that the titan feels stiff and like a semi-erection in flaccid mode. For me it would be a problem to always have the penis in the way and being constantly reminded on how to store it. I know its for the sake of having a highly functional dick, but most of the time the implant is deflated and i think its very important to have a good wearing comfort on a daily basis.

So from what i have learned is that the AMS is softer in the flaccid state and the Titan harder in the erected state.
But is there really such a big noticable difference in the performance, so that especially young patients could be dissapointed with the AMS? Is there a specific penis-length when the AMS starts to be to weak to hold it up properly?
Are there major negative points about the AMS that should be considered and make it not the clear winner?
And is the Titan really a disturbing factor in flaccid?

Iam seriously asking myself why i should pick the Titan and if it really would make me happier...Since i would not consider my dick requiring a titan cause of its length.
Iam asking you Guys: Me, 28years old / no fibrose, scarring or curve / 15,7cm long dick / 40mm girth in diameter (12,4mm) looking for an efficient but comfortable implant.
What seams to be the better choice: LGX, CX or Titan?

Larry10625

Re: Which Model is the right one for me?

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm

liber.tine wrote:Hi guys,
On the 20th Oct. i will get an implant.
I gotta say iam still unsure about the model. In the first consultation with my doc, he basically said, that both AMS and Titan will fit. After some weeks, as he recognized that iam having a hard time to decide for one model, he told me his recommendation would be the Titan for me.
He claimed that i will be happier with it, since iam a young patient (28) and looking for an efficient implant.
Also he said that the erection with longer penises is more stable with the Titan ( I have a 15,7cm Penis). I wouldnt consider myself having a long penis but he said its more than avarage...

My biggest concern about the Titan is the comfort in flaccid mode. Many users here tell that the titan feels stiff and like a semi-erection in flaccid mode. For me it would be a problem to always have the penis in the way and being constantly reminded on how to store it. I know its for the sake of having a highly functional dick, but most of the time the implant is deflated and i think its very important to have a good wearing comfort on a daily basis.

So from what i have learned is that the AMS is softer in the flaccid state and the Titan harder in the erected state.
But is there really such a big noticable difference in the performance, so that especially young patients could be dissapointed with the AMS? Is there a specific penis-length when the AMS starts to be to weak to hold it up properly?
Are there major negative points about the AMS that should be considered and make it not the clear winner?
And is the Titan really a disturbing factor in flaccid?

Iam seriously asking myself why i should pick the Titan and if it really would make me happier...Since i would not consider my dick requiring a titan cause of its length.
Iam asking you Guys: Me, 28years old / no fibrose, scarring or curve / 15,7cm long dick / 40mm girth in diameter (12,4mm) looking for an efficient but comfortable implant.
What seams to be the better choice: LGX, CX or Titan?

There are several on here as big or bigger that have the AMS... Donnie for one. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:53 pm

What your dr the expert in the field reccomends. Everything you mention is a learning curve and there is a big learning curve. You will never have the same flacid state you have preop. You pump will be in your sac and yes it is visiable at time.

Think of you dick as a car. You take it the specialst (mechanic) makes reccomendations you go against his advise, when the shit fucks up who are you going to blame yourself or the mechanic? Redoing a car where you did differant than what was recommended is just money.

Having to do a revision because you went against your dr suggestion is surgery to rip the old shit out, put the new stuff in go thru the healing process all over again because of a few minor inconvinces

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:22 pm

hturner12 wrote:What your dr the expert in the field reccomends. Everything you mention is a learning curve and there is a big learning curve. You will never have the same flacid state you have preop. You pump will be in your sac and yes it is visiable at time.

Think of you dick as a car. You take it the specialst (mechanic) makes reccomendations you go against his advise, when the shit fucks up who are you going to blame yourself or the mechanic? Redoing a car where you did differant than what was recommended is just money.

Having to do a revision because you went against your dr suggestion is surgery to rip the old shit out, put the new stuff in go thru the healing process all over again because of a few minor inconvinces

Well said Hugh. I'd go with the Surgeon's recommendation at all cost.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 pm

A great surgeon should not just tell you what you need, but rather act as a consultant who finds out who you are, what your desires are and how to provide the best solution for your circumstances. If you have not had a heart to heart with your doctor about your concerns and get answers to all of your questions, schedule an appointment so you go into surgery 100% sure it is right.

You can find appropriate underwear and pants to conceal a big dick. From age 16-50 I was well hung and then age, long term ED and prostate removal robbed me of it. My point is I understand your concerns about the firmness of a big tool being too obvious. I was a super horny young man and often was aroused, but figured out how to dress so it wasn't that apparent to others.

You are young enough to have a wonderful and long sex life ahead of you. Your questions about implant brands for an erection of your size seems more important. Also, Titans are said to add more girth so if that is of interest to you, it is worth considering. In my case I lost a lot of size of the years so I like the AMS LGX I got for its potential to maximize my length.

Wishing you all the best on your journey. Keep us posted on your decision. We are a caring group of men who care about each other and want the best for you.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 pm

If your doctor does a lot of implants, you may want to give some weight to his opinion.

I compared both the AMS and Coloplast side by side in my doc's office. The Coloplast gave a much firmer erection, and the cylinders had a larger diameter. Admittedly the AMS was more malleable deflated.

I am currently a little more than 3 weeks out from my surgery. The cylinders are slightly annoying but manageable. I also have one of the larger Coloplast. I have been told that the cylinders become significantly more malleable over the next 3-4 months.

Nevertheless there are people that are happy with both Coloplast and AMS, so as you do your research I'm sure you will settle on one.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:02 am

Can't give you any Coloplast info but I am just now 7 weeks from a revision with a new AMS CX. My first implant was and LGX model. From this experience I can tell you that the LGX that I had for 4.5 years stored well and worked well until it failed. The new CX unit is not as flexible flaccid and is always a bit longer also. If the Titan is stiffer and longer than the equivalent CX when it is deflated, and that is what I hear. It may be a bit of a problem. I had the longest regular manufacture LGX and it was unconditionally stable during sex, no problem. The expansion was nice. Gained two cm with my revision but no details on implant versus extender mix.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 am

The two of us have the same surgeon, therefore I know that the doc prefers the Titan. I have mine since two years, and I must say that I'm very happy. If I were him I would trust the doctor, he is the expert, not the laymen of the FT forum.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:16 am

strongagain wrote:the doctor ... is the expert, not the laymen of the FT forum.

Very true. I can talk about my experiences with my implant, but I certainly am not qualified to give someone else medical advice.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm

strongagain wrote:The two of us have the same surgeon, therefore I know that the doc prefers the Titan. I have mine since two years, and I must say that I'm very happy. If I were him I would trust the doctor, he is the expert, not the laymen of the FT forum.

Every post where I have suggested something says listen to the doctor. This time, I do not necessarily agree. First of all, I would consider the members of this forum experts on the subject since they have them and the doctors do not. His doctor told him Titan because of his size and plain and simple, he is wrong, and we all know it. There are many members on here with AMS who are as big or bigger. If that is the only reason he said Titan then you don't have to be a doctor to know he is wrong. I have never compared the two but I read on here that the AMS looks more natural and behaves more naturally when flaccid. If his doctor has other reason that are not included with this topic, then I would listen to the surgeon. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”