Poll: Are you satisfied with your implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Are You Satisfied With Your Implant?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 73

dmikesaw

Poll: Are you satisfied with your implant?

Postby dmikesaw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:07 am

Not, would you do it again? not, are you more or less satisfied with it? not, are you 100% satisfied with it? not, are you sometimes satisfied with it? not, is your partner satisfied with it? not, "I wish I'd done it sooner"; not, "I wish I'd never done it"; not, I might be satisfied if my insurance/Medicare had paid for it. I am talking about your overall satisfaction here, nothing more, nothing less. Assume, for purposes of this poll, that you have only two possible answers to the question: yes or no (choose only one).

Only members as of the the posting time/date may vote.

Illuminist

Re: Poll: Are you satisfied with your implant?

Postby Illuminist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:47 pm

"not, are you 100% satisfied with it?"

Why conduct the poll at all?

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 pm

This could be a difficult way to judge the public satisfaction of an implant. So many different guys have different priorities that would make something "satisfying" or not. Also everyone's purpose for getting an implant is different and come from different scenerios. Who would be satisfied with their implant if their doctor put it in 2 inches too short? That would have a negative impact on an implant vs. if it was actually done correctly. Just my thoughts to the guys out there who would put alot of weight on this in their decision.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 am

Well, many people here and on other ED websites keep throwing around 90-95% implant satisfaction rates. I have looked at everything I can find on other websites too: implant doctor's websites, implant manufacturer websites, hospital websites, research papers, etc. Many of them also mention a 90-95% implant satisfaction rate (keep in mind that most, if not all, are biased sources). However, none of these sites I am referring to mention just exactly what the poll questions were, how they were phrased, etc. They just say that about 90-95% of men receiving implants are "satisfied."

So, out of curiosity, I decided to poll Frank Talk members who have had implants, in order to see how they compare to those mentioned above: are Frank Talk implantees less than 90-95% satisfied? about 90-95% satisfied? or more than 90-95% satisfied? I decided to narrow my poll question so that the only possible answer can be "yes" or "no." This will make it easier to compare to the oft quoted 90-95% satisfaction rate that I see often on the various websites which I have referred to above. None of us, as far as I know, will be biased financially by our answers , and hopefully our poll results will more accurately reflect actual real world implant satisfaction rates.

So, please just answer the poll question with yes or no. Don't add quantifiers to your answer such as: I am somewhat satisfied; Sometimes I wish I hadn't done it; I wish I had done it sooner; I would have been satisfied if insurance/Medicare had paid; I would have been satisfied if I hadn't lost size/sensation; I am satisfied but my partner isn't, etc.

My poll is really quite simple: just think about your implant in totality: cost/pain&discomfort/recuperation time/complications/sexual satisfaction afterward/humiliation&embarrassment/health risks/happiness with medical provider/partner satisfaction/etc., and then choose "yes" or "no" for your answer to the question "are you satisfied with your implant?"

Of course, you are welcome to conduct your own poll, asking whatever questions you like, but please keep in mind that my poll is designed to produce a result that can be most easily/fairly compared to the 90-95% satisfaction rate I so often see thrown around.

Thanks.

Illuminist

Postby Illuminist » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:02 am

Your satisfaction depends on the Dr that did your surgery. If you are choosing a Dr. that claims to be the best in town but can't provide you any pictures of his previous work, why go with that Dr?

I searched through many of the Dr.'s named on this forum who are the best in their area. I settled on the one that had the confidence to post pictures of his previous work. One who showed videos of his previous work and his surgeries in progress. I am glad I had my implant but wish I had found the Dr earlier so that I wouldn't have lost the length that I did.

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 am

Sorry to dig this up, but is this Poll really indicative of the satisfaction members have found with their implants today? 30% dissatisfaction seems rather high. Was this another time, another place?
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:39 am

Only 70% of voters are satisfied with their implant? That doesn't fill me with any confidence.

I hope I'm satisfied with mine...

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am

dmikesaw wrote:Well, many people here and on other ED websites keep throwing around 90-95% implant satisfaction rates. I have looked at everything I can find on other websites too: implant doctor's websites, implant manufacturer websites, hospital websites, research papers, etc. Many of them also mention a 90-95% implant satisfaction rate (keep in mind that most, if not all, are biased sources). However, none of these sites I am referring to mention just exactly what the poll questions were, how they were phrased, etc. They just say that about 90-95% of men receiving implants are "satisfied."

So, out of curiosity, I decided to poll Frank Talk members who have had implants, (edited for brevity)

Some of the research papers do post the poll questions, or mention a standardized questionnaire ("International Index of Erectile Function questionnaire"). I do not have the links. Sorry.

Remember that the sample population you are inviting is self-selected and will have a bias built in. Most likely toward the negative answer because completely satisfied men tend to visit the site less often and may miss participating in your poll
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Quester

Postby Quester » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 pm

That’s only the ones that have come onto the site. In my own experience the guys I have met here only 1 was dissatisfied with an implant. Putting my experience although limited in the 95% positive side if not higher
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Poorly written question in my opinion. No provision is allowed for how long implant has been in. No input for if the guy is married or single. Not even if his wife is willing to have sex at all. Nothing about age or previous illnesses. A poorly thought out question in my opinion.
Many studies show that the satisfaction rate is in the mid 90% range. I think the "ringing bell" for me is how many men lament that they wish that they done it sooner or would get another one if this one fails.
Doesn't change my opinion one bit. I agree with LS & Quester completely.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”