Poll: Are you satisfied with your implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Are You Satisfied With Your Implant?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 73

Lost Sheep

Re: Poll: Are you satisfied with your implant?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 pm

MK1965 wrote:Not satisfied with my implant.
Wish I never had done this. I was 100% impotent after RP and I couldn’t accept that. Got implanted by not so good doc who cares more about peer reviewed papers then his patients. Installation was bad. My right RTE is not in place where it should be and is poking me at penile base and forming 2 inches long big bump which is hurting like a hell and Insurance won’t pay for my revision. I am not any better now then I was after RP. Had non usable penis then, have non usable penis now with severe pain. I did not inflate my implant for months.
Big mistake to go with implant in my case. Regretted it badly.
MK

Have you considerd complaining to the governing body of his specialty? Every medical specialty has a board that certifies its members, in this case Urologists.

Contacting a lawyer who specializes in medical legal issues (not at first to file suit, but just for advice on how to go about making a complaint that has the best chance of getting your surgeon to make this right).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Greg1956

Re: Poll: Are you satisfied with your implant?

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:43 pm

I just want to throw this info out there. I would guess most men come to this site because of a problem. After getting an implant many also leave after a period of time if all is well and stay if they have issues with it. That may skew the answers. For example, I am extremely satisfied and have been away from the site for quite a long time. I came back to write an update now that I have had my Implamt for three years.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”