Greg1956 One Week Post-op Appt.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Greg1956 One Week Post-op Appt.

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Just got home from my one week follow up appt. Dr. Anglade is very pleased with my progress. For the first few days I had a full erection, standing proud at about 2:00. I went in to get deflated because I could not use the toilet to urinate. I still had a 3:00 erection, but could urinate into the toilet.

At that deflation appt. the doc requested I start training my dick downward to help create a more natural hang. So, I have been dressing with my penis head down as much I I could tolerate it. Two problems resulted. One is since I still had a partial erection I was putting a lot of pressure on my glans. The tips of the cylinders were pushing against the soft glans and irritating it. The other thing is since I had scrotal webbing removed at the same time as my implant I have an incision on my sac and on my shaft, both with stitches. By dressing with my dick head down, the two sets of stitches were rubbing together, causing irritation. No harm was done, but I was not healing as quickly as I might have because of the constant pressure.

Today Dr. Anglade deflated my penis more so I am the most comrtable I have been since before surgery. I see it is slightly shorter in this flaccid state than it had been all week, but compared to my pre-surgery retracted acorn, I am thrilled with the length and girth I have now. I know it will likely get even better once I start cycling the implant.

I have another appt. in three weeks and at that time the doc says, "We will go for a test drive together and then I will turn over the keys so you can drive it as much as you want to." That appt. will only be 4 weeks after surgery so he said I would be able to play for a week on my own and at week 5 I can have sex with my wife.

The other thing we discussed was my reservoir. Last week he asked me to continue to massage it from it location below my belt line to above it. I have been doing that and now it is staying up there and he said it was looking good.

I had total faith in Dr. Anglade following his great work on my Prostatectomy so I trusted him 100% with my implant. He has proven himself again and I am very grateful for his expertise. I'll follow up as I have more to share.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

radiodec

Re: Greg1956 One Week Post-op Appt.

Postby radiodec » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Sounds great! It also sounds like you have a surgeon you trust for all your urological needs, that is a great plus. I am five weeks out from a revision done by a surgeon that I trust with my wife's urological problems as well as mine. It is a great feel to be able to trust and talk with your doctor.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Having a urological surgeon that you can trust makes all the difference in the world. My urologist did my vasectomy, kidney stone (just one time, thank the Lord!), routine urological exams, prostatectomy, and implant. I tell everyone how happy I am with him and how wonderful it is to have a doctor you can trust.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Greg1956 wrote:Just got home from my one week follow up appt. Dr. Anglade is very pleased with my progress. For the first few days I had a full erection, standing proud at about 2:00. I went in to get deflated because I could not use the toilet to urinate. I still had a 3:00 erection, but could urinate into the toilet.

At that deflation appt. the doc requested I start training my dick downward to help create a more natural hang. So, I have been dressing with my penis head down as much I I could tolerate it. Two problems resulted. One is since I still had a partial erection I was putting a lot of pressure on my glans. The tips of the cylinders were pushing against the soft glans and irritating it. The other thing is since I had scrotal webbing removed at the same time as my implant I have an incision on my sac and on my shaft, both with stitches. By dressing with my dick head down, the two sets of stitches were rubbing together, causing irritation. No harm was done, but I was not healing as quickly as I might have because of the constant pressure.

Today Dr. Anglade deflated my penis more so I am the most comrtable I have been since before surgery. I see it is slightly shorter in this flaccid state than it had been all week, but compared to my pre-surgery retracted acorn, I am thrilled with the length and girth I have now. I know it will likely get even better once I start cycling the implant.

I have another appt. in three weeks and at that time the doc says, "We will go for a test drive together and then I will turn over the keys so you can drive it as much as you want to." That appt. will only be 4 weeks after surgery so he said I would be able to play for a week on my own and at week 5 I can have sex with my wife.

The other thing we discussed was my reservoir. Last week he asked me to continue to massage it from it location below my belt line to above it. I have been doing that and now it is staying up there and he said it was looking good.

I had total faith in Dr. Anglade following his great work on my Prostatectomy so I trusted him 100% with my implant. He has proven himself again and I am very grateful for his expertise. I'll follow up as I have more to share.

Baby/pediatric sock help with rubbing. I had the same problem with pressure, except mine was keeping it up. It would go back to out and the underwear would push in. Same problem sleeping on my side

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Thank you Hugh
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”