Is your penis no longer round?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmikesaw

Is your penis no longer round?

Postby dmikesaw » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:01 am

Mine used to be more or less perfectly round, but now it is oval (horizontal dimension is widest; vertical dimension is narrowest). Has anyone else noticed their penis becoming oval shaped after the implant?

NE_Bob

Re: Is your penis no longer round?

Postby NE_Bob » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 am

This is an issue with the AMS implants according to my doctor...he told me if I went with the CX ( he won't do the LGX) that it ends up looking flat like it was driven over by a car :shock: He told me the Titan gives a rounder fuller erection. That said, my pumped unit is round now but before it was more triangular before if that makes sense.(more volume under) I am hoping the blood flow returns after healing and this underneath area re- inflates. They all have their advantages and disadvantages I guess...the Titan does not get all that flacid...trying to get used to having all this penis to deal with-lol and is not all that soft either even when completely squeezed out. I am just getting used to being "hung" though after a week and a half...much more healing to do before I can make any real judgements though...

Bob

bill1200

Postby bill1200 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Mike, no question about it. I am 5 days post op and it is oval shaped. I have a CX. Having said that, keep in mind it has been fully erect since surgery and pressed flat by tight underwear. I have noticed a slight return of the spongiosum when I leave it out for a while. Doc says I, SHOULD, get some of that back in time. Maybe someone with longer experience will comment.
59 y/o, Good health, dealing with ED since age 40, pills worked for awhile, shots work but are getting less effective and a hassle.
IPP AMS CX 10-11-11, Dr Karpman

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:07 pm

I know this is a serious issue, guys, but all I can think about is "square peg in round hole".
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

bill1200

Postby bill1200 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:41 am

Regarding the oval shape, my wife and I were both a little concened about this as it is clearly a change from what we were both used to looking at. I started to do some math comparing surface area of cicrcle vs an elipse, but realized a couple of things. First, the thing that matters, and the only thing that matters, is how it feels to her. Second, regardless of the volume of the old shape, it was compressible. The new shape is definately wider (for me) and is NOT compressible. Third, the vagina is a potential space not a cavern, it will conform to whatever shape enters.
Now, beyond all the analysis, I can tell you from experience that we tried out the new shape last night (yep,6 days post op,couldn't wait). My wife and I talked very candidly and openly about exactly how it felt for her. She really enjoyed the new shape and yes she could tell it was different in wideness. The hardness though, trumps any minor changes in shape. She was amazed and thoroughly enjoyed the stiffness. So, I wouldn't give this too much of your time. Know that, yes, it will be different, embrace it and enjoy the gift you've been given, we are, cheers, Bill.
59 y/o, Good health, dealing with ED since age 40, pills worked for awhile, shots work but are getting less effective and a hassle.
IPP AMS CX 10-11-11, Dr Karpman

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 pm

The blood flow will most likely return to your penis after a period of time. It will flow to both the corpora spongiosum (bottom part of the shaft, surrounding the urethra) as well as to the GLANS (head of the penis). It took 6 months for this to return on mine and I have heard it taking as much as 18 months on other implanted friends. My doctor estimated between 24-36 months so I was quite lucky. Once the blood flow returns to these parts of the shaft, it gives a much more full, round and shapely natural penis effect once again. Plus, the increase in the stimulation with this blood flow is similar to when I WAS 19.

I'm not sure why doctors don't tell most of us implanted guys about this. Mine was quite upfront about it and the day it happened to me I was shocked because I wasn't even thinking about it. It was BAM, just there. My usual big smile became about three times the regular size that day, along with my shaft!

LGX_Man (Keith)
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:18 am

LGX_Man wrote:The blood flow will most likely return to your penis after a period of time. It will flow to both the corpora spongiosum (bottom part of the shaft, surrounding the urethra) as well as to the GLANS (head of the penis). It took 6 months for this to return on mine and I have heard it taking as much as 18 months on other implanted friends. My doctor estimated between 24-36 months so I was quite lucky. Once the blood flow returns to these parts of the shaft, it gives a much more full, round and shapely natural penis effect once again. Plus, the increase in the stimulation with this blood flow is similar to when I WAS 19.

I'm not sure why doctors don't tell most of us implanted guys about this. Mine was quite upfront about it and the day it happened to me I was shocked because I wasn't even thinking about it. It was BAM, just there. My usual big smile became about three times the regular size that day, along with my shaft!

LGX_Man (Keith)

Is this correct, will the blood flow to the corpora spongiosum return? It's now nearly four months since I got my Titan (22 + 3). I hate the fact that the penis isn't round anymore but oval!

WHY is there no blood flow now, WHY is blood flow returning after a couple of months? Is there something blocked at this stage? I have no idea what's going on regarding the oval shape. My doctor didn't mention the different shape at all. He didn't tell me much anyway but so far everything looks perfect.No pain anymore and I can pump up till my thump hurts.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Mine has more of an oval shape than before surgery, especially when pumped very hard, but then mine was barely visible too. My wife hasn't complained so I guess it is a non-issue. As for blood flow returning, I had none or it leaked away faster than it entered which resulted in the same thing, no flow, so I have no expectation of a partial natural erection. Everyone is different and you may have some erectile tissue left after dilation and implanting the cylinders. If you had glans engorgement before surgery there should be some after as that was not part of the surgery. I hope you can get past the oval shape if your round shape does not return as the end result is so much better than what you had before. Good luck.

Return to “Implants”