Greg1956 Newly Implanted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Greg1956 Newly Implanted

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 am

Yesterday I received my implant. Dr. Anglade said all went well. He told me in recovery that he was leaving me partially inflated. When I had a quiet moment I lifted my high fashion hospital gown to check things out. My guess is in this state my shaft is about 4" in length. My hope is eventually with full inflation and cycling it will be back up to 5" as it was right after I had my prostate removed. Just prior to the implant my erect size was 4.5" dues to Peyronies. When I have been pumping, I got it a little over 5" without getting hard. I do not yet know what size device I received. Dr. Anglade will be in this morning so I plan to find out then.

I just went for a walk down the hall and for the first time felt some soreness. Up until then I would say I had a dull ache. I look forward to getting the recovery behind me and seeing what I can do with this thing. I am choosing not to focus on the length I lost over the years, but rather to concentrate on maximizing my pleasure from what I will have after stretching, cycling, etc.

Thanks again to all of you who have offered support leading up to this. I appreciate each and every one of you.
Last edited by Greg1956 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Anonymous3

Re: Greg1956 Newly Implanted

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:43 am

Glad you are doing well. Stay horizontial as much as you can and ice and more ice. It will be ugly at the unwraping today.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 am

Greg1956 wrote:Yesterday I received my implant. Dr. Anglade said all went well. He told me in recovery that he was leaving me partially inflated. When I had a quiet moment I lift my high fashion hospital gown to check things out. My guess is in this state my shaft is about 4" in length. My hope is eventually with full inflation and cycling it will be back up to 5" as it was right after I had my prostate removed. Just prior to the implant my erect size was 4.5" dues to Peyronies. When I have been pumping, I got it a little over 5" without getting hard. I do not yet know what size device I received. Dr. Anglade will be in this morning so I plan to find out then.

I just went for a walk down the hall and for the first time felt some soreness. Up until then I would say I had a dull ache. I look forward to getting the recovery behind me and seeing what I can do with this thing. I am choosing not to focus on the length I lost over the years, but rather to concentrate on maximizing my pleasure from what I will have after stretching, cycling, etc.

Thanks again to all of you who have offered support leading up to this. I appreciate each and every one of you.

Greg;
Glad you are doing well. Welcome to the bionic brotherhood. Please don't forget to update your signature.

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 am

hturner12 wrote:Glad you are doing well. Stay horizontial as much as you can and ice and more ice. It will be ugly at the unwraping today.

Congratulations Greg!!

My unwrapping wasn't particularly ugly -- I had very little bruising. But I agree with Hugh 100% about staying horizontal and icing. IMO, there's no benefit to being upright. The next week may be a pain in the ass (well, actually, a pain in the balls and pecker :lol: ) but it will go fast.

A week from now you'll look back and say,"Wow, that wasn't so bad, and I sure feel better than I did." It was hard for me to notice much change from one day to the next, but a week's worth of healing is noticeable.

Really happy for you.

Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 am

radioradio wrote:
hturner12 wrote:Glad you are doing well. Stay horizontial as much as you can and ice and more ice. It will be ugly at the unwraping today.

Congratulations Greg!!

My unwrapping wasn't particularly ugly -- I had very little bruising. But I agree with Hugh 100% about staying horizontal and icing. IMO, there's no benefit to being upright. The next week may be a pain in the ass (well, actually, a pain in the balls and pecker :lol: ) but it will go fast.

A week from now you'll look back and say,"Wow, that wasn't so bad, and I sure feel better than I did." It was hard for me to notice much change from one day to the next, but a week's worth of healing is noticeable.

Really happy for you.

Bob 2.2

Bob
Right now I have to Do disagree, but I had reactions to 2 different meds and up till yesterday a lot of time it felt like my dick was on fire. Slept in the bed all night last night for the first time in 3 weeks

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:31 am

hturner12 wrote:
radioradio wrote:

Congratulations Greg!!

Really happy for you.

Bob 2.2

Bob
Right now I have to Do disagree, but I had reactions to 2 different meds and up till yesterday a lot of time it felt like my dick was on fire. Slept in the bed all night last night for the first time in 3 weeks

Hugh,
Sorry you're having an unusually difficult time.
Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 am

hturner12 wrote:Glad you are doing well. Stay horizontal as much as you can and ice and more ice.

Agree with you. (Take intervals in between icing sessions; otherwise your stuff will ache from constant freezing cold. Spoken from experience.)

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 am

David_R wrote:
hturner12 wrote:Glad you are doing well. Stay horizontal as much as you can and ice and more ice.

Agree with you. (Take intervals in between icing sessions; otherwise your stuff will ache from constant freezing cold. Spoken from experience.)

My doctor said 20 minutes on and then at least a hour off.

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:34 am

Dr. Anglade came in early. He took the catheter out, the drain, and looked over everything. There is very little bruising or swelling so my unveiling didn't look bad. I did get an AMS LGX and it is 18cm with 3 cm RTE. I asked him to correct a Scrotal Webbing that became more apparent as my penis got shorter so he ended up with my incision down there rather than above. I am not really experiencing any pain but we stopped by the pharmacy to fill the prescription for that and antibiotic on our way home.

Trying to pee with an erection is very interesting. It is in about a 1:00 position so I really have to contort to use the toilet. I will see the doctor again a week from today so hopefully it will because me easier.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 am

Welcome to the bionic brother hood. Now all you need to do is rest and use lots of ice. Take pain med only if you need it. Congratulations brother.
Donnie.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”