Finally!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
radioradio

Finally!

Postby radioradio » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am

After a pretty shitty first try a few nights ago, last night my wife and I made love for the first time since my implantation, and for the first time in years without the worry of "will it work, will it last?" I did have to stop after about 15 minutes due to soreness, but it was wonderful to reconnect. Still a weird combination of sensitivity and numbness.

It was an incredibly emotional experience -- years of frustration, inadequacy, worry, surgery, pills, injections -- all came out. After the years of tears my wife and I have shed over over the loss of our son, I was overcome by tears of joy. Smiling, laughing and crying.
And I know it's only going to get better.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with the decision and gave me encouragement when I was questioning what I had done.

Life is good. Very good.

Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

philly444

Re: Finally!

Postby philly444 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 am

Very Happy for you.
AMS 700 LGX 18cm, implanted December 16, 2016, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Wm. Jaffe Married to a Man

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 am

philly444 wrote:Very Happy for you.

Thanks. I know you are. Not
Sure i could have done it without you.
Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 am

Good for you two!! Was disheartened at reading your first try experience but hoped things would improve. So much stress and strain over impotence as it is such a critical part of an intimate relationship and a key part of the human experience -- I honestly think ED is one of the worst things that can happen to a guy as it robs us of so much of a key part of relationships and life.

So happy for you!!
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm

radioradio wrote:After a pretty shitty first try a few nights ago, last night my wife and I made love for the first time since my implantation, and for the first time in years without the worry of "will it work, will it last?" I did have to stop after about 15 minutes due to soreness, but it was wonderful to reconnect. Still a weird combination of sensitivity and numbness.

It was an incredibly emotional experience -- years of frustration, inadequacy, worry, surgery, pills, injections -- all came out. After the years of tears my wife and I have shed over over the loss of our son, I was overcome by tears of joy. Smiling, laughing and crying.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with the decision and gave me encouragement when I was questioning what I had done.

Life is good. Very good.

Bob 2.2

I had a similar experience shortly after activation...ok...had to try it out...great to know that penetration was now possible, but still too sore to really enjoy anything. In a few weeks, any soreness/slight numbness will disappear and at that point, you'll think your new bionic unit is the greatest thing since sliced bread!! I'm at 9 months & it feels completely natural...in fact, I like it better than my original issued equipment...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 pm

radioradio wrote:After a pretty shitty first try a few nights ago, last night my wife and I made love for the first time since my implantation, and for the first time in years without the worry of "will it work, will it last?" I did have to stop after about 15 minutes due to soreness, but it was wonderful to reconnect. Still a weird combination of sensitivity and numbness.

Life is good. Very good.

Bob 2.2

Congratulations. I'm so glad things are working out for you.

Larry

dcmusc

Postby dcmusc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Bob,
That is really wonderful. Very happy for you. Best of luck going forward, I am sure things will get better and better.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

Mastercard

Postby Mastercard » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Radioradio

Glad for you and the wife. Wish you many more nights of the same without the pain.
I can see the smile on your face while I am typing. Good for you.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Mastercard wrote:Radioradio

Glad for you and the wife. Wish you many more nights of the same without the pain.
I can see the smile on your face while I am typing. Good for you.

Thanks, best wishes to you and your wife, too, my same day brother!

Actually, I had a hard time falling asleep smiling/laughing about how much better things are going to be in our lives.

Bob 2.2

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Woohoo! Hard times ahead!
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Implants”