TT - Dr. EID Consultation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Xomanow

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby Xomanow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree with Treetop........you're paying big bucks for this procedure and you should have some say & concerns.....researching here and on the internet will provide a very good base of knowledge with regard to how this whole thing works.....when I first sat down with Eid he was surprised at how much I knew and I was surprised at how much he concurred with me......I've seen enough sub standard & botched procedures posted here where the implantee either did not know the information & facts and/or did not speak up and left things to the discretion of the surgeon.....and any surgeon who would kick out a patient for this,.....you probably don't want him cutting into your junk.....
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:30 pm

I agree about being informed and discussing with dr but to demand one mfg over the other against what he recommends just based on what somebody else says or you read. My dr appreciated I was informed I could have went with either mfg , but he recommend the one I got and he explained why. It all comes down to communication between patient and dr. Attitudes go a long way

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:03 am

Xomanow wrote:I agree with Treetop........you're paying big bucks for this procedure and you should have some say & concerns.....researching here and on the internet will provide a very good base of knowledge with regard to how this whole thing works.....when I first sat down with Eid he was surprised at how much I knew and I was surprised at how much he concurred with me......I've seen enough sub standard & botched procedures posted here where the implantee either did not know the information & facts and/or did not speak up and left things to the discretion of the surgeon.....and any surgeon who would kick out a patient for this,.....you probably don't want him cutting into your junk.....

I don't disagree with you... some say and all the concern you like, but, not even the doctor can decide for sure on size and brand, until he/she has you opened. It's one thing to state your preferences, but, the medical stuff MUST be left to the surgeon. :)

Larry

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 am

In regards to my choosing a Titan over an AMS.....

first, I prefer a small shriveled soft flaccid penis. So I would prefer an AMS as it comes closer to that.
But my girth is almost 6". In talking to EID he talked about the max girth of an AMS and in my case my flesh would be loose over the max size of the AMS.

Maybe I misunderstood. But we discussed it and he agreed that if my measurements were what I claimed then that would be his choice. I measure at 5 3/4 which you can see in my intro (link in sig).

I just want a doctor who is aggressive with size, and if it is wrong won't say well too bad we opened the package so lets add some RTE's to make it work. Dr. EID believes that the more inflatable part of the device that is inside the body the better.

I am sure other doctors agree with all of these points, and I may end up with one. But again, as Larry10625 stated, a doctor who would not take me as a patient based on my concerns of what he wants to put in my body, no I don't want that doctor. I would run!!
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:48 pm

treetop wrote:In regards to my choosing a Titan over an AMS.....

first, I prefer a small shriveled soft flaccid penis. So I would prefer an AMS as it comes closer to that.
But my girth is almost 6". In talking to EID he talked about the max girth of an AMS and in my case my flesh would be loose over the max size of the AMS.

Maybe I misunderstood. But we discussed it and he agreed that if my measurements were what I claimed then that would be his choice. I measure at 5 3/4 which you can see in my intro (link in sig).

I just want a doctor who is aggressive with size, and if it is wrong won't say well too bad we opened the package so lets add some RTE's to make it work. Dr. EID believes that the more inflatable part of the device that is inside the body the better.

I am sure other doctors agree with all of these points, and I may end up with one. But again, as Larry10625 stated, a doctor who would not take me as a patient based on my concerns of what he wants to put in my body, no I don't want that doctor. I would run!!
TT

Concerns are very differant than demands. There are some people that demand their Dr do this or do that. Those are the ones Dr will not take. If my Dr had not listen to m6 concerns I would have run like hell.
We all have our wants, but a good discussion expressing your concerns and desired outcome with your dr is key. There may be a reason he cant go the way you want to go but he should explain to you why. They measure with a special tool once they have you open, they may or not have to use RTE but that decesion is made at the time they are putting the implant in. I nebpver understood a 18 cm + 4 cm rte why not use a 22 an no rre

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Hugh,
I don't disagree with you.

Dr. EID and I agreed on every point I had on my list, and he even brought up several others I had not thought of.

But I have had bad experiences with some Dr.'s and Urologists, who don't give a crap.
And will say ED is just in my head, etc. And I have had some very good doctors.

At some point I may find a more local doctor that my insurance covers, but I will be sure to have similar conversations with him so that I feel comfortable, and know the doctor has my best interest in mind.
And not just trying to make another buck.

Many threads on here where men got revisions because the previous doctor either did not care, did not know what they were doing, or just wanted to move another client through for the cash.

I want a doctor who loves his work, and is fully intent on doing the best job possible for his client.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:46 pm

treetop wrote:Hugh,
I don't disagree with you.

Dr. EID and I agreed on every point I had on my list, and he even brought up several others I had not thought of.

But I have had bad experiences with some Dr.'s and Urologists, who don't give a crap.
And will say ED is just in my head, etc. And I have had some very good doctors.

At some point I may find a more local doctor that my insurance covers, but I will be sure to have similar conversations with him so that I feel comfortable, and know the doctor has my best interest in mind.
And not just trying to make another buck.

Many threads on here where men got revisions because the previous doctor either did not care, did not know what they were doing, or just wanted to move another client through for the cash.

I want a doctor who loves his work, and is fully intent on doing the best job possible for his client.
TT

Good luck with your search. I agree that your doctor must have the good of his patient at heart. Having said that, a good doctor must also consider the wishes of his patients. If he doesn't give you what you asked for, he had better have a good medical reason to go against your wishes. :)

Larry

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you Larry,

Once I move ahead on the implant, I will have to put all my trust into my doctor, and then do my best to be happy with the job he does. Once implanted, it will be done. Don't want any revisions, although it happens.
But that risk should be minimized as long as I do my homework :)
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Sirsarcastic

Postby Sirsarcastic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 pm

TreeTop I have the same concerns as you I've been trying to figure out the ams's max girth, do you happen to remember what Dr. Eid said it was?
23 years old, Canada. Diagnosed with severe peyronies 2 years ago. Corrected by Dr. Brock on Dec 14th 2017. Titan

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:07 pm

treetop wrote:Thank you Larry,

Once I move ahead on the implant, I will have to put all my trust into my doctor, and then do my best to be happy with the job he does. Once implanted, it will be done. Don't want any revisions, although it happens.
But that risk should be minimized as long as I do my homework :)
TT

Absolutely, but please remember, even the very best could have a bad day, we all COULD make mistakes... just gotta hope it's not with you. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”