TT - Dr. EID Consultation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Moderator: Larry10625

Anonymous3
Posts: 1307
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 am

My cath came out day after

treetop
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby treetop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:35 am

it could be he mispoke, and meant 2 or 3 weeks.
We shall see when I get to that point. Or maybe someone who just had surgery with him.
Not important as long as I do it correctly and don't allow scar tissue to form on either the reservoir or the implant.

One step at a time :)
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending insurance decision
My Introduction - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7775
Looking at June or maybe late October 2018

Anonymous3
Posts: 1307
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:22 pm

That sounds more resonable

I did my first cycle yesterday. Glad I still had pain pills

warrenw
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby warrenw » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm

treetop wrote:Agreed.. Do you have an install date yet ?...

I'm planning for early December. Can't get a specific date until the cardiac clearance is received and approved by Dr Eid.

treetop
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby treetop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:29 pm

warrenw wrote:
treetop wrote:Agreed.. Do you have an install date yet ?...

I'm planning for early December. Can't get a specific date until the cardiac clearance is received and approved by Dr Eid.


ahh, so no date until after they clear you.
Did they give you that ballpark (December), or are you guessing?...
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending insurance decision
My Introduction - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7775
Looking at June or maybe late October 2018

warrenw
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby warrenw » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 pm

treetop wrote:ahh, so no date until after they clear you.
Did they give you that ballpark (December), or are you guessing?...
TT
Correct, no scheduled date until medical clearance is confirmed by Dr Eid. Then the surgery must occur within 90 days of the clearance date. As of last week, December was "wide open", but I'm somewhat flexible and could go later. The local cardiologist is a bit of a pita. In addition to the simple ekg/exam that Dr Eid requested, he also added a treadmill ekg only because medicare will pay for it. Then he says that if I was a "cash" patient the simple ekg would be enough. So this little bit of money grabbing has delayed me by a week.

Anonymous3
Posts: 1307
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:47 pm

warrenw wrote:
treetop wrote:ahh, so no date until after they clear you.
Did they give you that ballpark (December), or are you guessing?...
TT
Correct, no scheduled date until medical clearance is confirmed by Dr Eid. Then the surgery must occur within 90 days of the clearance date. As of last week, December was "wide open", but I'm somewhat flexible and could go later. The local cardiologist is a bit of a pita. In addition to the simple ekg/exam that Dr Eid requested, he also added a treadmill ekg only because medicare will pay for it. Then he says that if I was a "cash" patient the simple ekg would be enough. So this little bit of money grabbing has delayed me by a week.

Sounds more like Medicare fraud

treetop
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby treetop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm

Sounds good.

I am waiting on my insurance approval.

Dr EID did talk about those tests, he has 3 locations to do the surgery. If you are super healthy, vs maybe a risk will determine where he does the surgery, and I think the sedative he uses.

I am working back up to my 5 miles run 3x a week, so should pass that quite well.

I am planning for January, but will look for an alternate February date just in case.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending insurance decision
My Introduction - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7775
Looking at June or maybe late October 2018

treetop
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby treetop » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 am

So, turns out Dr. EID is "Out of network".

So my insurance (needing no authorization) will pay 50% of surgery after my deductible of %5,000.00, and 80% of anesthesia after I pay the co-pay which is $2,500.00.

I have not done the math yet.. but I already know it is out of my budget.

I am not willing to find an "In Network" doctor, as at this point I am only willing to go to Dr. EID.
Just my personal choice, especially after having a great video call with the man.

I just won't trust anyone else.

I will be doing a re-fi with my home in coming months, so I will need to table this for now.

I will do more testing with Cialis, and use TriMix.

I will keep all up to date on any new developments.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending insurance decision
My Introduction - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7775
Looking at June or maybe late October 2018

warrenw
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby warrenw » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:41 pm

TT,

That's disappointing news to hear, but don't give up yet. Could you change to a plan where Dr Eid would be "in network"? Open enrollment for many plans happens in Dec so it might be worth asking Eid's office what plans they are in.

With your current plan, 50% of surgery isn't terrible. So with deductibles your total out of pocket might be around $20k. How about a line of credit (LOC) on the house instead of a refi, might be easier and quicker to get, just withdraw what you need as you need it.

Any chance Kramer is in network?


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave52, Google [Bot], Nelupopa and 22 guests