Recovery From Surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fbrown1056

Recovery From Surgery

Postby fbrown1056 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 pm

I am a new member to this board and need some information. Had Laproscopic Prostatectomy in February 2009 which has caused me to have ED. Scheduled for penile implant surgery on 10/25 at MD Anderson in Houston.

I have done alot of reading on this forum and their is alot of great information here from people who have been there. Interested in hearing from those who have had this procedure on their recovery and tips on making the recovery process better. (I have taken the suggestion about the Jockey pouch briefs and have ordered some from Amazon.)

I work in an office behind a desk with very little walking; when can I expect to return to work?

Thanks

Frank

bill1200

Re: Recovery From Surgery

Postby bill1200 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm currently 4 days post op. CX implant, recovery going well. Today actually a noticable decrease in pain. Have been driving and walking in town,etc. Took a week off work which I think will be just about right. Even went to movies yesterday and was able to sit without much discomfort. Really, the most discomfort is from the 24/7 erection since surgery, aches constantly, but that is better today also. All in all, as others have said, very tolerable and quick recovery.
Never thought I would be looking forward to a soft dick :D
59 y/o, Good health, dealing with ED since age 40, pills worked for awhile, shots work but are getting less effective and a hassle.
IPP AMS CX 10-11-11, Dr Karpman

razor4466

Postby razor4466 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:42 pm

I am 45 and work in the railroad industry. I had my surgery on Aug 19 2011 which was a Friday and returned to my job on Aug 21 which was a Sun. I am a supervisor which allows me some freedom to be less active at work but still had to do extensive walking and climbing up and dowm locomotive steps. I experienced some discomfort but it was not intolerable at all. I do not drive trains but I do move locomotives in my job function. I stopped with the painkillers the day after release from hosp and have been mainly taking ibuprofen and tramodol for inflammation and swelling. At 8 weeks post-op now and still hae little sensitivity and minor pain but sometimes the pain shoots to about a 6 or 7 for periods of time. Hope all goes well for you and good luck on your surgery!!

Bob

NE_Bob

Postby NE_Bob » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 am

I took six days off, but I felt like I could have gone back after two days. I was bored and cleaned the house, vacuumed, washed the cars etc. I was waking around NYC four hours after being released from the hospital...not too far mind you, but the recovery/pain from this procedure was really pretty minimal for me at least...your mileage may vary.

Bob

Return to “Implants”