Pain Level after implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
HEMAN99

Pain Level after implant surgery

Postby HEMAN99 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Guys,

Can some one explain how was the pain immediately after the surgery? What was the pain like ? Does it hurt more than a hair line fracture? Can some actually describe their pain experience for the first 24 hrs, 48hrs, 72 hrs?

Is the pain constantly high right after surgery??
Got Implanted on Sep 20th with Dr. Kramer. I have 16cm+5cm rte CXR

Larry10625

Re: Pain Level after implant surgery

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

HEMAN99 wrote:Guys,

Can some one explain how was the pain immediately after the surgery? What was the pain like ? Does it hurt more than a hair line fracture? Can some actually describe their pain experience for the first 24 hrs, 48hrs, 72 hrs?

Heman99;
I was quite comfortable, thanks to chemical therapy. They sent me home with prescriptions that kept me quite comfortable as well.:)

Larry

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 pm

I didn't have much pain at all. The surgery did seem to take my energy level away for a couple weeks. I just got my date set for removal and replace. Thursday sept 21
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm

For me there was little pain either time I had implant surgery. The first time did require some pain meds during the night as I developed a burning pain in the bladder area off and on. That morning I traced the problem to a nursing error. They had my catheter routed over my be rail causing the catheter to back up during the night until they emptied the tube and bag when they came in with the pain meds. Used nothing for pain when I went home the next day and through out the rest of recover.

Second time (revision), no pain meds. The catheter hose was routed correctly and I had no more than mild discomfort the whole time. So no pains meds the whole time.

Warning: This is on the extreme side of the low pain curve and is not to be expected as routine. It can give you a data point of how good it can be, others can tell how bad it can get. Either way it shouldn't be unbearable.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Yes there will be pain how much is entirely a call your body makes. I took pain meds right after to stay ahead of the pain cycle which is important to do. I went to Tylonol very shortly after that, but still have some pain meds if I have a very bad day. You have to remember that they have operated on the most sensitive part of your body plus they put something in your adnomial area. The surgery is fairly brutal. Dilate in this case means remove tissue not just make bigger
Depending on the procedure the dr used either you going to have stitches all thevvway around the shaft (mine) you nut sack would have been cut open or the pubic area cut. You have forigen object in your body, you body will try to make them go away. You will have senstive area. If done right the tips of the cyclinder will be in the head of your dick. You body heals from inside out.

To answer you comparison question when the circular saw ran across the tip of my finger to the bone it hurt like hell, all my othet surgeries hurt. Each part of the body isca little differant as we age thinks hurt differently and heal differently than when we younger

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Skill of surgeon and just plain (good or bad) luck. My first implant hurt like hell..... For months..... Second implant.... Extra strength Tylenol..... Third implant..... Tylenol again..... Dr Perito kept me in the hospital overnight both times. I expected a night of hell each time but it wasn't too bad. Skill of surgeon, again..... Good luck
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Atila007

Postby Atila007 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:53 pm

I had my implant on Thursday Sept. 7, for me It was painful when I Moved , the worst day the 2nd day after surgery. It was a burning pain in the Scrotum area, today the 4th day is much better, and as each day passes, the pain level is less. Ice helps soothes the burning pain.
66 year old from Southern Calif. with Diabetes
Implant AMS 700 CX 21 cm. RTE 3 cm. 09/07/17

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

Heman99;
I was quite comfortable, thanks to chemical therapy. They sent me home with prescriptions that kept me quite comfortable as well.:)

Larry

Yeah me too. They drugged me up pretty good at the hospital. The pain wasn't an excruciating pain, at least it wasn't for me. More of discomfort thing. And the script the doctor wrote, handled that just fine. I was expecting a lot more pain.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:45 pm

My surgery was on Friday. Immediately after surgery I felt very little pain due to the spinal block. Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday were very painful. I was really questioning if I had made the right decision, and wondered how I will ever get through a revision. By Monday I removed the catheter, and I had a decent bowel movement. This made things so much better. I saw significant improvements on Monday and Tuesday. Today (5 days later) I am not even using painkillers. I am only feeling a slight discomfort in my balls and discomfort in the shaft from the partial erection. I am confident I made the right decision, and I am sure a revision (hopefully many years from now) will not be a big deal.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:47 pm

You should create a "Signature" so that we may be able to offer you some advice.
To add your signature.... look in the upper right hand corner where get your notification and Private messages. Your Profile name is there too, just click on your name. Another window will open, then click on the "User Control panel" tab, then on the left side in that box you will see "Edit Signature".. click on it and then you will be able to add what ever type of information you wish to add....it's easy.

Include things like date implanted, doctors name, Make - Titan or AMS, size of implant, rte's? any story you wish to share - like ED for 15 years, or whatever, any medical info - like diabetes, or high blood pressure, etc. or 33 years old, single gay man with ED for 10 years, thinking about getting an implant. Here is mine:

AMS 700 (18 + 2). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait.

Feel free to contact me if you need assistance or advice on anything. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”