Pain Level after implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Smetro

Re: Pain Level after implant surgery

Postby Smetro » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Mostly forgotten the discomfort I experienced, which, by the way was minimal.
Now at over 8 months, all I get to feel is pleasure :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Per my doc i spent the night in the hospital. Pain medication administered every 4 hrs. Felt pretty good the next day. I have somewhat of a high pain tolerance & for me it was very manageable. Doc wrote me a script for percocet & i never had to fill it. I alternated tylenol & advil for swelling. I used ice often. The only time i felt pain was when i overdid it standing on my feet. Everyone's experience is different for a variety of reasons and predicting pain levels impossible. Best advice is stay off your feet and ice for a week if you can.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:07 am

Bandit wrote:Per my doc i spent the night in the hospital. Pain medication administered every 4 hrs. Felt pretty good the next day. I have somewhat of a high pain tolerance & for me it was very manageable. Doc wrote me a script for percocet & i never had to fill it. I alternated tylenol & advil for swelling. I used ice often. The only time i felt pain was when i overdid it standing on my feet. Everyone's experience is different for a variety of reasons and predicting pain levels impossible. Best advice is stay off your feet and ice for a week if you can.
Bandit

Yup, absolutely. Personally, I would have filled the prescription in case you needed it later, but you are bang on with rest and ice. :D

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:16 am

I would get it filled. There maybe days where the Tynolol will not cut it. I also have a high tolerance for pain, but there have been days I needed it. Do not forget when you start cycling you are going to be breaking scar tissue. You do not want to get benind on pain cycle

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:20 am

hturner12 wrote:I would get it filled. There maybe days where the Tynolol will not cut it. I also have a high tolerance for pain, but there have been days I needed it. Do not forget when you start cycling you are going to be breaking scar tissue. You do not want to get benind on pain cycle

That's a good point Hugh... I forgot about activation. Many, Many members here talk about how painful there first pumps were. I am going to take it about a half hour before my appointment.:)

Larry

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:31 am

It's so nice to be around such manly men. I myself have a high level for pain. Until my RPS in March of 2014. And then my implant in December 2014. Both these surgeries put me on my knees crying like a girly man. Now I get to go back December 7th and do it all over again. DUDE, IT HURTS!! And it hurts for weeks, take a look at some of the post op pictures. Those poor boys are black and blue. But you may ask is it worth it? I think so. Stay on top of the meds, they give them to you for a reason. You will do ok, just don't expect a walk in the park. And yes, some men are fortunate and their pain is not as drastic as others. I hope you are one of those lucky guys.
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 am

backup2014 wrote:It's so nice to be around such manly men. I myself have a high level for pain. Until my RPS in March of 2014. And then my implant in December 2014. Both these surgeries put me on my knees crying like a girly man. Now I get to go back December 7th and do it all over again. DUDE, IT HURTS!! And it hurts for weeks, take a look at some of the post op pictures. Those poor boys are black and blue. But you may ask is it worth it? I think so. Stay on top of the meds, they give them to you for a reason. You will do ok, just don't expect a walk in the park. And yes, some men are fortunate and their pain is not as drastic as others. I hope you are one of those lucky guys.

Our surgeries are the same date - 7th Dec 2017. I'll keep you in my thoughts (right up to the point when they turn on the gas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll keep tabs on each other

Larry

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 am

Yes sir MR. Larry, I'll do the same for you. Mine is scheduled for noon I believe. I hope he doesn't get hungry and stop in mid implant to go get a burger. LOL
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:50 pm

backup2014 wrote:Yes sir MR. Larry, I'll do the same for you. Mine is scheduled for noon I believe. I hope he doesn't get hungry and stop in mid implant to go get a burger. LOL

I don't know my surgery time... I hope or doctors don't go to get a burger together.:)

Larry

DonDon

Postby DonDon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm

I am 5 weeks in and will inflate first time in 2 weeks. Pain breaks down into areas. Penis: Swelling mostly and not much pain. Would take ibuprofen 4 times a day. Quit that after 2 weeks. Penis is fully recovered, no pain and I massage it every day and keep it pointed up with two tight pairs of jockey shorts. The penis itself is harder than I thought it would be to be un-inflated. Incision: The peno-scrotal incision is still holding some stitches and is "pouty" and reddish. It is sensitive to the touch, but not painful. Scrotum: My surgeon decided to "stitch the pump in place," whatever that means. Consequently, it doesn't move around and the spot where the bulb of the pump is is still very irritated. My scrotum is obviously changing shape from the bulge of the pump. If it would move around a bit, the stress to the skin could be spread around. Not so here. It is my biggest irritation. But there is still no consistent pain to describe. I hope his was a correct decision because I don't like it in one place. When the scrotum is cold the skin contracts and the pump becomes unnoticeable, but when warm and distended, the pump juts out about 3/4 inch on my left side and is very prominent. The skin over it is always irritated. Ask your doctor about this technique. Overall the "pain" has been more of a nuisance than a "hurt." I would do it all again except the stitched-in pump. It is MUCH more "painful" not to have an orgasm for 7 weeks than the "pain" of surgery. I am going to do a lot of "catching up" soon.
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

Return to “Implants”