Compression Shorts, Pouch Shorts??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nbriley

Compression Shorts, Pouch Shorts??

Postby nbriley » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm

For support after implant, what brand or kind do you recommend, tried doing a search but still not sure which ones will do the job?
Pump, pills and Trimix no longer work
Surgery November 7, 2017 Dr Hakky. AMS CX

williamb

Re: Compression Shorts, Pouch Shorts??

Postby williamb » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Nbriley, I think if you ask 5 people on here that questions you will get at least 5 different answers. Right after surgery and for a couple of months i used very tight underwear (spandex or similar) as time progressed I have started using a little looser underwear but still tight. At first it was to really hold me in place and for protection later I forund out it also helps with incontinence.
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:49 pm

nbriley wrote:For support after implant, what brand or kind do you recommend, tried doing a search but still not sure which ones will do the job?

I started wearing compression briefs after the surgery. I like them a lot, keeps everything in place. Russell is a good brand. But I've gotten a few brands from Walmart since. And wasnarts brand is pretty good. I'll never go back to white cotton briefs.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:01 am

Hakky wants comprssion shorts for48 hours then white breifs 1 size smaller than normal. I ordered mine from walmart. Get 2 pair if compression shorts that way you can change the next day

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:30 am

Dr Hakky's office sales a kit that comes with everything you need for Pre-op and post op..spend the extra money and buy it directly from the office. I did and was Thankful. Of course they had to special order my compression shorts because. I wear a small and that is a size they do not carry ... LOL

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 am

Mine were like 12 dollars at walmart online 5 pack of tightwhities another 12, the cleaner is 4 at walmart the ice bag I think was 5

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Boxer brief pouch. Thought compression shorts might be too tight on the unit. Someone here recommended RBX boxer briefs from Marshalls. Reasonably priced, comfortable and a lot of support. Like them very much.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Bandit wrote:Boxer brief pouch. Thought compression shorts might be too tight on the unit. Someone here recommended RBX boxer briefs from Marshalls. Reasonably priced, comfortable and a lot of support. Like them very much.
Bandit

Bandit
We are not talikng normal wear. WE are talking POST OP. His dr who happens to be mine also insist on compression shorts (perfered) ot super tight boxer briefs. So unless you know something our dr DOES NOT DONT GIVE SUCH advise

I really dont give a shit what you wear day to day

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:28 pm

hturner12 wrote:
Bandit wrote:Boxer brief pouch. Thought compression shorts might be too tight on the unit. Someone here recommended RBX boxer briefs from Marshalls. Reasonably priced, comfortable and a lot of support. Like them very much.
Bandit

Bandit
We are not talikng normal wear. WE are talking POST OP. His dr who happens to be mine also insist on compression shorts (perfered) ot super tight boxer briefs. So unless you know something our dr DOES NOT DONT GIVE SUCH advise

I really dont give a shit what you wear day to day

You Hakky know it alls crack me up. Believe it or not, there are other options out there.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Guys ...this is a support forum... not a pissing contest . Lower the testosterone levels a bit. Each Doctor has their own preference as to what they feel is best. Just so happens that my Doctor is also Dr. Hakky, and yes he wants his patient to wear compression shorts. It is in their pre-op and post- op instructions. Why.. the compression helps keep the swelling down. Guys if you recall when you had your surgery your penis and scrotum were bound up together in a somewhat tight bandage. There was reason for being bound in such a manner...keeps the swelling down.
@ Nbriley... I suggest you talk to Dr. Hakky... listen to him.

Return to “Implants”