Next generation of implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
robertm

Next generation of implants

Postby robertm » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 am

Does anyone know what the next breakthrough in penile implants might be? They've gone from semi-rigid, to 2-piece and now to a 3-piece model. Is anyone working on the next generation and what improvements might be coming? Remote control rather than physical pump? I'm a candidate for an implant. I'm not waiting for the next models to come out, but just curious what the next wave of improvements might look like. For those that have implants, what improvements would you want to see? Where can we find information on R&D being done on implants?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

edsince18

Re: Next generation of implants

Postby edsince18 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:27 pm

do reasearch about shape memory alloy penile implant
That implant does not have a pump or reservior. So re-surgery would be much simpler and have more durablity. It is said that new implant will be commercialized after 5 ~ 10 years ... I don't know whether it will revolutionize implant surgery or not appear forever.
ed since high school graduation, 25 years old now

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:49 pm

robertm wrote:Does anyone know what the next breakthrough in penile implants might be? They've gone from semi-rigid, to 2-piece and now to a 3-piece model. Is anyone working on the next generation and what improvements might be coming? Remote control rather than physical pump? I'm a candidate for an implant. I'm not waiting for the next models to come out, but just curious what the next wave of improvements might look like. For those that have implants, what improvements would you want to see? Where can we find information on R&D being done on implants?

I hope they find a way to spare the nerves. Read Hugh's story and you will see why he would agree with me 1000%. I would add, reduce the rate of infection

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Larry,
I think it was MichaelM's story, not Hugh's.
Bob 2.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:13 pm

radioradio wrote:Larry,
I think it was MichaelM's story, not Hugh's.
Bob 2.1

No, it was Hugh Turner in this thread - Re: 3 Inches and no change

Larry

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:44 pm

edsince18 wrote:do reasearch about shape memory alloy penile implant
That implant does not have a pump or reservior. So re-surgery would be much simpler and have more durablity. It is said that new implant will be commercialized after 5 ~ 10 years ... I don't know whether it will revolutionize implant surgery or not appear forever.

I read up on this....

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 9516306008

Looks very cool... no pun. Basically a metal that changes shape depending on whether it is at a certain temperature.

Testing was done where at 107 degrees, penis is hard. Stays hard until you cool it with a cold wash cloth etc.

I see such advantages. Just take a nice shower first. and good to go.

Gotta love tech.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm

treetop wrote:
edsince18 wrote:do reasearch about shape memory alloy penile implant

I read up on this....

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 9516306008

Looks very cool... no pun. Basically a metal that changes shape depending on whether it is at a certain temperature.

Testing was done where at 107 degrees, penis is hard. Stays hard until you cool it with a cold wash cloth etc.

I see such advantages. Just take a nice shower first. and good to go.

Gotta love tech.
TT

Love tech? Not if you live in southern Arizona where Summertime might be problematic. Can you imagine Lifeguarding in your Speedos and the air temperature goes 115 degrees? Or naked in a sauna?

How do you keep it up beyond 98-99 degrees while engaged in a long lovemaking session. Friction?

Still, it is a fascinating concept.

I imagine a two-piece implant. Reservoir and electric pump in one piece in the abdomen (typical location as today's three-piece) and the inflatable portion in the penis, as you would expect. Battery operated pump controlled by an external device (be sure not to lose it!), either radio or magnetic. Alternatively, a pushbutton could be embedded just under the skin in the abdomen or perhaps the scrotum (but occupying a lot less space than the current pump-and-valve systems). The battery would recharge by a through-the-skin magnetic induction charger.

Your significant other could even give you nocturnal erections and surprize you with morning sex.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 pm

I called Coloplast with this exact same question several months ago. They assured me that there is NOTHING in the IMMEDIATE future vastly changing what is available today. That information is why I decided to go through with the procedure (haven't done it yet as 3 members of my family need more urgent surgeries in the next few months). But remember, use your gut instinct when making such life changing (for the positive or negative) decisions.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Lost Sheep,
YES!! I actually saw (can't find it now) a patent on an electric pump.
It was wireless charging, and had some sort of a remote.
Also came with manual pump.

That would be awesome. Get me a charger chair for my TV time, then I am ready haha.

As for the other, they are testing. Looks like it has to cool to a certain temp to loose the rigidity.
And.. Arizona.. hmmm.. true. But the internal temp would have to be over 107. So I don't think hot outside temp would do that.

Still.. nice concepts. At least people are thinking of new methods.
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 pm

treetop wrote:Lost Sheep,
YES!! I actually saw (can't find it now) a patent on an electric pump.
It was wireless charging, and had some sort of a remote.
Also came with manual pump.

That would be awesome. Get me a charger chair for my TV time, then I am ready haha.

As for the other, they are testing. Looks like it has to cool to a certain temp to loose the rigidity.
And.. Arizona.. hmmm.. true. But the internal temp would have to be over 107. So I don't think hot outside temp would do that.

Still.. nice concepts. At least people are thinking of new methods.

Darn! ANOTHER of my inventions stolen.

ITrue, outside temperature would not make the rod stand up if your internal temperature was still 98.6 F. But if you soaked in a hot tub, your penis might get to 107 while your core remained under 100.

This concet brings new meaning to the phrase "Hot Rod", though, doesn't it?

I read about this innovation several months ago and the article said animal trials were ready to begin. Lucky rabbits... or not. You never want version 1.0 of ANYTHING.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”