Recovery time to return to work

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
VegasED
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Recovery time to return to work

Postby VegasED » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 pm

I have an appointment to see Dr. F later this month and will ask him the same question. I wanted some recent feedback on recovery time. I’m 57 and I am a “Bellman” at a major Las Vegas resort on the Strip, so my job keeps me moving. I also do some heavy lifting though. I’m hoping the doctor will do a scrotal type rather than above the penis incision. It seems that more posts I’ve read have a better outcome with that approach. Not conducting an official survey on this, but I think more patients have had problems with the Coloplast brand than with the AMS. The pamphlets say a few days to 2 weeks before returning to work. Two days seem way too soon, but wondering how long I should plan on taking off? VegasED
VegasED 61 yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

Jerryf

Re: Recovery time to return to work

Postby Jerryf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:23 pm

I am 2 weeks and 1 day after surgery. Today was the first I did not come home early. I sit at a desk a lot of the day and was glad for that. If I had to move around a lot I would not be back yet. Today I commented to my wife I finally feel like I'll be normal in a few days. Plan on a minimum two weeks.
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:55 pm

I agree, I do think it feels better to be standing then sitting unless you have a ice pack.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Everyone is obviously very different in their recovery. I had my implant done (scrotal) in Dec of 15 and I had requested that they do a spinal as part of the anesthesia since I had read of members that had good results from it. Anyway, for what it's worth, my surgery was on a Monday, I was released from the hospital on Tues. and on Wed I was able to go to work for a 1/2 day (which is primarily a desk job), followed by a meeting that evening. I did half days on Thur and Friday of that week and back to a normal schedule the week following.

I don't know why I was so fortunate in regards to my recovery but it went very easy for me.

I was 49 at the time of my surgery.

Good luck to you.
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:43 pm

scooter65 wrote:Everyone is obviously very different in their recovery. I had my implant done (scrotal) in Dec of 15 and I had requested that they do a spinal as part of the anesthesia since I had read of members that had good results from it. Anyway, for what it's worth, my surgery was on a Monday, I was released from the hospital on Tues. and on Wed I was able to go to work for a 1/2 day (which is primarily a desk job), followed by a meeting that evening. I did half days on Thur and Friday of that week and back to a normal schedule the week following.

I don't know why I was so fortunate in regards to my recovery but it went very easy for me.

I was 49 at the time of my surgery.

Good luck to you.

You are a better man than I am LOL
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Everyone heals differently. 2 weeks is usually the standard. Talk to your surgeon to see what he thinks.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:10 am

I returned after 2 weeks. I am a stylist, so I stand a lot as well as bending forward over the shampoo bowl. I worked 10 hr days, with out to much discomfort.

Return to “Implants”