Pain when pumping, and AMS insurance

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bdubs29

Pain when pumping, and AMS insurance

Postby bdubs29 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:17 am

Hi all,

A new implantee here. Implanted with an AMS 700 by Kramer three months back after 7 years of peyronie's and ED. Very impressed with the Baltimore experience all round, as others have attested.

I'm pretty happy with how everything is going, and I seem to be nearly back to pre-op size. My only minor issue is that I have a slight curve in my penis - around 10 degrees to the left, but I'm trying to straighten that out and I have no real issues if that proves to be impossible. I have a couple of questions for you all..

First one re. cycling.. I find that i can get 90% hard after about 30 pumps now, but I can then keep pushing in occasional squeezes for around 10 mins (maybe around 1 squeeze a min) until I can't get any more fluid in. By that point, the end of my penis stings quite a bit. I assume that this is a result of the skin stretching out and getting used to the implant, but wanted to check if others have had this experience? There is no pain until I get it pumped up to the max. I also wondered if anyone was aware of any risks with pumping up this hard? I don't want to strain the implant beyond its normal capabilities and breaking it.

Second, I have read in some posts on here that the manufacturer of the Titan will subsidize the cost of replacing an implant due to mechanical failure within ten years. Anyone aware of whether AMS does anything similar?

Thanks!

(And thanks to all who have contributed to this forum over the years and helped me in my decision to have an implant and choose the right surgeon. Absolutely invaluable support during a very, very tough time, even if I haven't posted much before to acknowledge that.)

ED2013

Re: Pain when pumping, and AMS insurance

Postby ED2013 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 am

The pain your are feeling is normal. It's a good sign actually that you may have room to grow. Yes, AMS implants have a lifetime warranty on the device.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:05 am

The pain you feel when stretching is normal. It is a sign that something is stretching. It is very difficult if not impossible to pump yourself to damage to the implant.

Yes AMS has a warranty, I am getting ready to take advantage of it as my current AMS has developed a leak.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

richie39nyc

Postby richie39nyc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:21 am

Hi room richie ...Can anyone tell me what pump to go it

nudist

Postby nudist » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 am

richie39nyc wrote:Hi room richie ...Can anyone tell me what pump to go it

a good rule of thumb:
let your dr. decide!
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 am

bdubs29 wrote:Hi all,

A new implantee here. Implanted with an AMS 700 by Kramer three months back after 7 years of peyronie's and ED. Very impressed with the Baltimore experience all round, as others have attested.

I'm pretty happy with how everything is going, and I seem to be nearly back to pre-op size. My only minor issue is that I have a slight curve in my penis - around 10 degrees to the left, but I'm trying to straighten that out and I have no real issues if that proves to be impossible. I have a couple of questions for you all..

First one re. cycling.. I find that i can get 90% hard after about 30 pumps now, but I can then keep pushing in occasional squeezes for around 10 mins (maybe around 1 squeeze a min) until I can't get any more fluid in. By that point, the end of my penis stings quite a bit. I assume that this is a result of the skin stretching out and getting used to the implant, but wanted to check if others have had this experience? There is no pain until I get it pumped up to the max. I also wondered if anyone was aware of any risks with pumping up this hard? I don't want to strain the implant beyond its normal capabilities and breaking it.

Second, I have read in some posts on here that the manufacturer of the Titan will subsidize the cost of replacing an implant due to mechanical failure within ten years. Anyone aware of whether AMS does anything similar?

Thanks!

(And thanks to all who have contributed to this forum over the years and helped me in my decision to have an implant and choose the right surgeon. Absolutely invaluable support during a very, very tough time, even if I haven't posted much before to acknowledge that.)

Mine has the left curve also. I found that I can straighten It out a good bit by holding is straight as I pump but it still hangs left when deflated. A curve to the left or right seems to be common from what I've read on here.

The stinging you feel is normal as you tissues stretch.

AMS covers the cost of the device only.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

bdubs29

Postby bdubs29 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 am

radiodec wrote:The pain you feel when stretching is normal. It is a sign that something is stretching. It is very difficult if not impossible to pump yourself to damage to the implant.

Yes AMS has a warranty, I am getting ready to take advantage of it as my current AMS has developed a leak.

David

Thank you for the info.

Out of interest, do you know how much less the cost of surgery is when factoring in the warranty compared to the first time around? I'm interested in this as I am from a country with 'socialized' healthcare, so likely I would need to pay out of pocket when it comes to replacing it in the US, and want to plan ahead. I appreciate that the bulk of the cost will still be the surgeon.

Also, as others have mentioned on this site before, I could not actually find any paperwork or any fineprint from AMS specifying that the device includes a warranty. Have you had to jump through any hoops to get the warranty to be factored in to your replacement operation?

Return to “Implants”