activated today (results)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmikesaw

activated today (results)

Postby dmikesaw » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Yes, it "clicks" when you first squeeze the bulb (the AMS LGX, that is); it didn't seem to get any bigger after 4-5 squeezes (however, it was already partially inflated since the surgery 6 weeks ago)

Now here are the results: fully deflated length is 4" fully inflated length is 5" (it was 7 1/4" long when the doctor did the stretch test)
circumference is 4 1/2" (mid shaft) circumference is 5" (mid shaft) (it was 6" in circumference before surgery)

So I have lost 2 1/4 " in length (no more long stroking, ha), and about 1/2" in width (if you do the math) - both my wife and I noticed the smaller size (especially the girth/diameter) immediately. In fact, I wasn't able to orgasm due to this loss of friction and had to finish by hand. But the worst part was trying to insert my penis in the beginning. My wife is very small (in all ways): 4'9" and 90 pounds. My shaft was hard, but the floppy head prevented me from inserting it for quite a while (glans/head kept folding over on itself due to the small diameter of her vaginal opening). Ultimately I was able to sort of wad it up and force it in (fearing that I was gonna push through/erode the left implant tip during the process).

Anyway, maybe it will grow a bit, but even if it grows the promised 15-17% it will still be far, far short of the previous 7 1/4" L and 6" D. All I can do at this point is try to stay focused and positive and do the daily inflation cycles for 10-15 minutes each. Fortunately I have a loving and understanding wife, and that helps a lot.

I am posting this info for all of you who are considering an implant, as information is key to making the right decision. I have followed these implant boards/blogs for 2-3 years now and have read every single post on all of them (some several times). A few people seem to return to their original length, and even larger diameter. I won't be one of those, however. Your results may be the same as mine, or better, or even worse...........

My surgeon is said to be one of the most experienced and best in the USA, but keep in mind that even that is no guarantee of a great outcome. I had no health issues (other than ED) before the surgery, am not overweight, and did VED exercises twice a day for several months before the implant. I had hoped for a better result, of course, but it is what it is...........

Minnesota

Re: activated today (results)

Postby Minnesota » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Congrats! Heal up and use it...to bone everything that moves.

An interesting thought that continues to pop into my head. You have been given your ability to have wonderful sex with your wife again...and the first thing you post about is the size. I am not degrading or downsizing you post at all! trust me I am happy and supportive, I just enjoy the reactions that each individual has after gettting their implant. Now this comes from someone who couldnt ever have sex pre implant, so obviously losing size was not an issue, but gaining the ability to have sex was the goal.

Again I am just thinking outloud and want some friendly responses, and I am not saying that "you dont like your implant". Friendly food for thought.

Congrats and enjoy it!

And one last note..I am barely over 5'' with my Titan.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I am definitely happy to be able to have an erection at will, that is for sure (floppy head and all). But I was still able to have a very usable erection (with the VED, and on rare occasion without it); the type of erection where your partner moans, screams, wiggles and comments about how big it is, etc. It is just that I will miss the ego boost/comfort factor that the larger penis (7"+ and very thick) gave me...................... Surely any man can understand that.....................

I have read on these websites so many comments from people saying that they were the same (or almost the same) length as before; and many, many claiming to be thicker than before; and that floppy head would not be an issue if you used a doctor with lots of experience, especially sizing experience, etc. I guess I just assumed that if I took everyone's advice here (ie, choose a doctor with lots of experience; use the VED daily for a few months; be in good physical condition for the surgery, etc., that I would also get a similar result.

Obviously, I wasn't so lucky, and I just want to let all the lurkers out there know that they shouldn't assume that they will get one of these great results, no matter how well they choose/prepare. Make a very informed decision, and hope for the best. That is the message I am hoping to send to those who are considering an implant. Remember, it is not reversible (in the event of unhappiness). Maybe I should have made-do with the VED for a few more years.............................

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 am

Do you mind telling us who your surgeon was?
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Going by what I've read from others, they went their doctor's office for the first official full inflation. What did your doctor say when you pointed out the large loss in length, and the loss of thickness and the "floppy head"? I can't imagine he was thrilled with his work when you pointed out all those issues to him.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Did you choose the type/brand or did doctor?
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Genome

Postby Genome » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello my friend. I can totally identify with your feelings. Major size loss and a floppy dick head. I lost 52% of my total dick volume......going from 8.5 inches long to 6 inches long and from 6.25 in girth to less than 6.....maybe 5.25. Very disappointing. You just have to decide to be happy anyway. Work your way through all the psychological pain and choose to heal. Wish I had better news for you. However your implant will expand some over time. My Titan will not. If you want to chat sometime just PM me and we can skype or yahoo...chat. Jerry

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:50 am

How wrong you are! The first thing I noticed was the floppy/bent head. The first thing I mentioned in this thread was the length, but it is the floppy head that, in fact, PREVENTS me from now having sex with my wife.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:58 am

My doctor at Vandy said it was a "good result" (for him anyway, I suppose, ha). But he was a really nice guy; said my results were normal :o
During my initial visit his assistant was in the process of telling me that they would probably use a coloplast on me (cause of size) when he (the doctor) walked into the examining room. A few days later, after the surgery, I woke up with an LGX, however. I guess he did what he thought was best.

Return to “Implants”