Return to work

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cnidium

Return to work

Postby Cnidium » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:54 am

Both Kramer and Eid stated that I should be able to return to my employment as a bartender 2 weeks after surgery. Is this statistically plausible? I know some guys heal fast and are pain free almost immediately, others not so much.

I might lose one of my jobs for taking 2 weeks off. I will definitely lose it for more than that. Fortunate;y, my other job will give me all the time I need, I would still rather keep both, and to be able to give them a realistic expectation of my length of absence.

I work at 2 high volume bars. Basically I am moving quickly for 6-12 hours straight. How much will that probably suck at the 2 week mark.

Lets compare some opinions.

Currently scheduled for surgery October 5th.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

ThePlumber1964

Re: Return to work

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 am

After 3 surgeries and with a clear path to the forth, my opinion is that realistically it is possible. However, it is also very possible as well that by the end of hour one or two, you may feel so uncomfortable that you will be announcing that you have to go home. Realistically.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 am

That would have been tough for me. That second week you maybe able to get in a 6 hour shift but I don't see a 12 hour shift. Where is there a bar that is busy 12 straight hours? I would sure ice it at breaks if possible.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 am

Most of my swelling went down in two weeks. I was cycling and having sex in about 30 days.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:49 am

Depends on the person, age, general health, physical condition. How old are you? I'm 74, take no meds, work out and/or exercise every day, low body fat. Still, 2 weeks would've been a killer for me. I took two weeks from my volunteer work then another week after that. From what I've read here younger guys bounce back except youngwithed who's not doing tha great after a month. It's a ctap shoot even with the best surgeon, but from what folks on ft are saying, the first several days are key. Stay down, ice, etc.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:13 am

Depends on how you feel. I was good after about 8 days. Just get some good supportive underwear and take your meds before any pain begins.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 am

Two weeks is what my doctor (quite conservative) put in my employer required FMLA paperwork. Well actually 11 work days. It was the day of surgery, a weekend, the first week, weekend, second week, weekend the back to work. At 65 I had my implant and the went to church 4 days later. That was not a winner, but tolerable. Things improved very rapidly after week one.

Week one -- do nothing - stay flat with heart higher than the family jewels, and don't raise your feet above them.

David

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Tybeeman,

Its a bar/restaurant. Some days I will open the bar in the morning, work straight through, then close it late at night. Sometimes Ill be back there for 15hrs without a break.

Zxylp,

I am 27. 7% body fat, I eat only organic produce, pasture meat, wild caught seafood, pastured butter, house made sauerkraut... you get the picture. Even though Im a bartender, I haven't had a drink in 4 years. Im guessing that, especially with a targeted supplement regimen and 'perfect' diet, I will heal fast.

Right now my plan is that I will stay in NYC after surgery with Eid for 3 days post-op. I have friends in NYC who are going to bring me highly nutritious food from whole foods and other grocers. There is a kitchen in my hotel, so I will have a wholesome meal each of those days. I don't think anyone should eat bullshit food around surgery, and I certainly don't plan to.

After the 3rd day I have a family member driving me home. We are renting a SUV from hertz, and I will be laying down in the back for the 10 hr car ride. I figure this would be easier on me instead of being in a seated position in an airplane with a connection in between.

Targeted supplements include broad spectrum a high count probiotics (in addition to fermented foods) to make up for antibiotics. Certain minerals that most of us are deficient in despite healthy diets (because of modern farming practices). I will also take certain enzymes (bromelain, nattokinase, serrapeptase) which helped me with recovery from a past surgery. I going to give my body everything it needs to recover.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Cnidium wrote:Tybeeman,

Its a bar/restaurant. Some days I will open the bar in the morning, work straight through, then close it late at night. Sometimes Ill be back there for 15hrs without a break.

Zxylp,

I am 27. 7% body fat, I eat only organic produce, pasture meat, wild caught seafood, pastured butter, house made sauerkraut... you get the picture. Even though Im a bartender, I haven't had a drink in 4 years. Im guessing that, especially with a targeted supplement regimen and 'perfect' diet, I will heal fast.

Right now my plan is that I will stay in NYC after surgery with Eid for 3 days post-op. I have friends in NYC who are going to bring me highly nutritious food from whole foods and other grocers. There is a kitchen in my hotel, so I will have a wholesome meal each of those days. I don't think anyone should eat bullshit food around surgery, and I certainly don't plan to.

After the 3rd day I have a family member driving me home. We are renting a SUV from hertz, and I will be laying down in the back for the 10 hr car ride. I figure this would be easier on me instead of being in a seated position in an airplane with a connection in between.

Targeted supplements include broad spectrum a high count probiotics (in addition to fermented foods) to make up for antibiotics. Certain minerals that most of us are deficient in despite healthy diets (because of modern farming practices). I will also take certain enzymes (bromelain, nattokinase, serrapeptase) which helped me with recovery from a past surgery. I going to give my body everything it needs to recover.

My second day I drove 4 hours home and it really wasn't back. I just sat there and iced the whole way. You would be fine in the back seat of a SUV. Don play around with those antibiotics. Take what they prescribe to you. Infection is the biggest goal in this whole thing.

Really don't know how your body is going to react. You will get to day 5 and think you are fine then do something and put you back a bit. stay off your ass and ice as long as you can. I did it 7 straight boring days.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Tybee,

Im definitely following the antibiotic regimen to the letter. But, I am going to take probiotics and continue eating probiotic food because all of us who take a course of antibiotics has our beneficial gut bacteria annihilated.

Return to “Implants”