Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 pm

I hope you have been able to contact someone to discuss this. If there is redness, I would give thought to a yeast infection causing burning. If there is swelling the same or there is a lymphatic issue caused by the tubing/cylinders, scar tissue cutting off circulation. Foreskins are highly vascular and highly enervated. Part of what makes them such a wonderful thing. Considering the issues I had with my infrapubic implant, I would tend to think it is implant related. It could be like mine was that the tips of the cylinders are kinked. All I would be sure of is when you get a splinter in your finger and it hurts, you do not cut off your hand to stop the pain and no religious cutting ceremony is going to fix yours. Please keep us posted.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:46 pm

alibaba wrote:I hope you have been able to contact someone to discuss this. If there is redness, I would give thought to a yeast infection causing burning. If there is swelling the same or there is a lymphatic issue caused by the tubing/cylinders, scar tissue cutting off circulation. Foreskins are highly vascular and highly enervated. Part of what makes them such a wonderful thing. Considering the issues I had with my infrapubic implant, I would tend to think it is implant related. It could be like mine was that the tips of the cylinders are kinked. All I would be sure of is when you get a splinter in your finger and it hurts, you do not cut off your hand to stop the pain and no religious cutting ceremony is going to fix yours. Please keep us posted.

I was initially treated by my local urologist with a cream that would cover fungal and/or yeast infections. That was not the problem. A dermatologist later gave me a different cream; it also made no difference. You may be on to something with kinked cylinder. I definitely believe it involves the cycliner; just hope my insurance covers a refitting.
I missed a callback this afternoon from Dr. Kramer's office; will try again Wednesday.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:57 pm

firstcav46 wrote:
alibaba wrote:I hope you have been able to contact someone to discuss this. If there is redness, I would give thought to a yeast infection causing burning. If there is swelling the same or there is a lymphatic issue caused by the tubing/cylinders, scar tissue cutting off circulation. Foreskins are highly vascular and highly enervated. Part of what makes them such a wonderful thing. Considering the issues I had with my infrapubic implant, I would tend to think it is implant related. It could be like mine was that the tips of the cylinders are kinked. All I would be sure of is when you get a splinter in your finger and it hurts, you do not cut off your hand to stop the pain and no religious cutting ceremony is going to fix yours. Please keep us posted.

I was initially treated by my local urologist with a cream that would cover fungal and/or yeast infections. That was not the problem. A dermatologist later gave me a different cream; it also made no difference. You may be on to something with kinked cylinder. I definitely believe it involves the cycliner; just hope my insurance covers a refitting.
I missed a callback this afternoon from Dr. Kramer's office; will try again Wednesday.

My doctor gave me an oral medicine that got rid of it in less than a day.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Trust me, I went through years of topical cremes for fungal infections. They do not work. Lamisal and all sorts of creams. Systemic ( med you ingest) works. Fluconozole will clear up a fungal infection in a snap. Some of the liquid anti fungals are also useless. There is another person here on the forum that just went through the same thing in the last month. There are other anti fungals I have also taken but they are about to remove them from the market for causing liver failure so I won't mention them. They worked well for toenail fungus and such but took months to be effective. Livers seem to be a convenient thing to have.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm

alibaba wrote:Trust me, I went through years of topical cremes for fungal infections. They do not work. Lamisal and all sorts of creams. Systemic ( med you ingest) works. Fluconozole will clear up a fungal infection in a snap. Some of the liquid anti fungals are also useless. There is another person here on the forum that just went through the same thing in the last month. There are other anti fungals I have also taken but they are about to remove them from the market for causing liver failure so I won't mention them. They worked well for toenail fungus and such but took months to be effective. Livers seem to be a convenient thing to have.

Two other urologists I consulted determined that it is not a fungal or yeast infection. Lab cultures were done to confirm it.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:49 pm

1 step down then. Hope you get it resolved. I went to St. Louis 1 time for a culture to check for a yeast infection after being treated with ketonazole cream locally by first a GP 06/29/2011, then dermatologist and was told at Saint Louis School of Medicine the only way they can do it correctly is to slice off a piece of skin and culture the biopsy. They said swabs come back negative at least 70% of the time but most insurance companies won't pay for the biopsies until all other avenues fail to diagnose. To that I said no, just give me the pills.Not getting the skin on my dick scalpled. No sir ee! Pills worked.

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 pm

I have an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Kramer on Sept. 5 for a possible removal and replacement.

I would like to hear for any and all guys who can tell me about their experience with Kramer, considering my disaster with Milam.

Thanks!
Auburn, Ala.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 pm

firstcav46 wrote:I would like to hear for any and all guys who can tell me about their experience with Kramer,
Put "kramer" in the search box, there's 320 pages of comments. I scanned through them all one time, and he is overwhelmingly popular here.

Also search for "milan kramer" for more detailed results involving both doctors.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:15 pm

FirstCav46
Sent you 4 pm's - hope I did it right.

BillinAL
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Steelerfanintn2

Postby Steelerfanintn2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:31 pm

firstcav46 wrote:I can be marked down as another victim of Dr. Milam, and now I'm looking for advice on whether I'm a candidate for a replacement.
I am 70 (uncircumcised), live 90 miles from Atlanta, was implanted in May 2014 at Vanderbilt with the LGX. My insurance is Medicare Advantage through United Healthcare.
All went well for the first year after my implant. But in April 2015, I developed a burning about an inch in length, encircling the shaft, abutting the glans.
Local urologists/dermatologist had no explanation or diagnosis. In a subsequent appointment with Milam in December 2015, he blew me off without any explanation of what it might be, saying essentially I'd have to live with it. He didn't even allow me to inflate so I could show him the area of irritation. His only concern was that the pump worked correctly.
I'm tired of living with pain.
It is now very painful on one side where the cylinder rubs the skin to a constant irritation (not the case with the other cylinder). This point of irritation, plus the burning, has made sex (especially ejaculation) practically impossible.
Like most patients of Milam, I also lost two inches, but, unlike most, that's not my main concern now.
Am I a candidate for replacement?
From following the site, it appears that Drs. Eid and Kramer are the most recommended for replacement.
I have visited both sites. It appears from Dr. Eid's site, that the only email contact is to set up an appointment, but not communicate with him.
Any thoughts, recommendations, etc., would be highly appreciated.

Check out my newest post Had bad Milam implant?

Return to “Implants”