Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
firstcav46

Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

Postby firstcav46 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:10 am

I can be marked down as another victim of Dr. Milam, and now I'm looking for advice on whether I'm a candidate for a replacement.
I am 70 (uncircumcised), live 90 miles from Atlanta, was implanted in May 2014 at Vanderbilt with the LGX. My insurance is Medicare Advantage through United Healthcare.
All went well for the first year after my implant. But in April 2015, I developed a burning about an inch in length, encircling the shaft, abutting the glans.
Local urologists/dermatologist had no explanation or diagnosis. In a subsequent appointment with Milam in December 2015, he blew me off without any explanation of what it might be, saying essentially I'd have to live with it. He didn't even allow me to inflate so I could show him the area of irritation. His only concern was that the pump worked correctly.
I'm tired of living with pain.
It is now very painful on one side where the cylinder rubs the skin to a constant irritation (not the case with the other cylinder). This point of irritation, plus the burning, has made sex (especially ejaculation) practically impossible.
Like most patients of Milam, I also lost two inches, but, unlike most, that's not my main concern now.
Am I a candidate for replacement?
From following the site, it appears that Drs. Eid and Kramer are the most recommended for replacement.
I have visited both sites. It appears from Dr. Eid's site, that the only email contact is to set up an appointment, but not communicate with him.
Any thoughts, recommendations, etc., would be highly appreciated.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

Donnie1954

Re: Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:28 am

Is this 'doctor' on a crusade to see how many dicks he can destroy? Has anyone had a good experience with him? Please speak up!
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:11 am

firstcav46 wrote:I can be marked down as another victim of Dr. Milam, and now I'm looking for advice on whether I'm a candidate for a replacement.
I am 70 (uncircumcised), live 90 miles from Atlanta, was implanted in May 2014 at Vanderbilt with the LGX. My insurance is Medicare Advantage through United Healthcare.
All went well for the first year after my implant. But in April 2015, I developed a burning about an inch in length, encircling the shaft, abutting the glans.
Local urologists/dermatologist had no explanation or diagnosis. In a subsequent appointment with Milam in December 2015, he blew me off without any explanation of what it might be, saying essentially I'd have to live with it. He didn't even allow me to inflate so I could show him the area of irritation. His only concern was that the pump worked correctly.
It is now very painful on one side where the cylinder rubs the skin to a constant irritation (not the case with the other cylinder). This point of irritation, plus the burning, has made sex (especially ejaculation) practically impossible.
Like most patients of Milam, I also lost two inches, but, unlike most, that's not my main concern now.
From following the site, it appears that Drs. Eid and Kramer are the most recommended for replacement.
I have visited both sites. It appears from Dr. Eid's site, that the only email contact is to set up an appointment, but not communicate with him.

Do your self a favor and at less get an appointment with Doctor Harry in Snellville north of Atlanta. He fellowship under some great surgeons and is a young bright doctor that does about 4 implants a week
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

mouseco

Postby mouseco » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 am

Firstcav46:
I had recent pump revision with Dr Kramer. Very happy with result.

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:55 am

I hope all people who need an implant now or in the future are lucky to know that they should not go with this doctor to get an implant ever. There are too many horror stories about his implants. As a european thinking about getting an implant in the USA, I am grateful to find this forum before having got an implant
I hope your find a solution for your problem firstcav, I am sure you will find it
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:38 am

firstcav46 wrote:I can be marked down as another victim of Dr. Milam, and now I'm looking for advice on whether I'm a candidate for a replacement.

Sorry for your shitty luck. Although I don't know the US medical insurance industry, I would think that this problem in NOT cosmetic and with the severe pain, should be covered by insurance. I fully understand that Kramer and Eid are incredibly great doctors, but, there are lots of doctors that are just as good, just not as popular. Good luck with your crusade to get properly implanted pain free.

Larry :D

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:53 pm

firstcav46, the last time I was on Dr. Eid's site, there was a little thing to click to "Ask the doctor a question."

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm

You might try calling Dr. Kramer's office...he'll get back to you quickly either by phone or e-mail. Phone #: 410.328.6087
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Doctor Eid does return emails though it might take a few days. Kramer is faster. Milam does infrapubic and wads the tubing together on top of the nerves which also run on top of your penis. I would guess that is the source of your pain. I still claim nerve damage from Milam with a numb glans and shaft. Both Eid and Kramer are getting a lot of experience redoing Milam's work. One told me that in a conversation with Eid, he stated that redoing the crappy work of others is getting very wearing on him. I hope either can suggest a fix and there is one. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Most definitely consult with Eid and Kramer. I'd also try Perito and Karpman as well. It's very likely a revision will help, as well as regain some length.

Return to “Implants”