All advice accepted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mastercard

All advice accepted

Postby Mastercard » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:58 am

I have been reading posts on this site and sitting on the fence about getting an implant for a few years with all kinds of mixed feelings on the why and why not's. Well I finally fell off the fence and landed in a Aug 2nd implant date with Dr. Kramer. I figured out what took me so long to decide: I am scared as hell and still scared as I type. I think someone wrote after their third day they were wondering what the hell they had done. I am wondering before I even get started.

Questions

Any golfers with an implant if so how does the pump effect you

I read riding a bike could be an issue, but what about a motorcycle

My scrotum gets really tight at times with just my two nuts, do your
scrotum adjust to the extra friend or does it tighten the same which
would seem to squeeze your testicles.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

LesNesman1

Re: All advice accepted

Postby LesNesman1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am

Hi MC
Welcome to the club.I was implanted April 19 and was playing golf 4 weeks later with no
Pain or issues at all.I did wear special pouch like underwear to keep Steve Austin in check,
But you will not have any issues and I walk with a walking cart most of the time.I cannot speak to biking as I don't do that.Good Lick

Les
ED for 28 years.Used all pills and injections until no other options worked.
Age-53
Implanted 4/19/17 by Dr. Aaron Lentz( Duke Urology)--22CM Titan no RTE's
Bionic Assault 6/12/17 and blew her doors off.

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:30 am

Can't yet speak to cycling of the bicycle type: hoped to be back in the saddle at 4-5 weeks but it was not to be. The day is getting closer, though.
Motorcycling? Well I'd expect you to be able to get astride a cruiser after a few weeks, but might be longer if you're aboard a crotch rocket. Like - how far do you lean forward and put the squeeze on them babies? And look, you're probably going to have to sit out next year's Paris-Dakar.
There's a wide variety of experience in the nut behaviour department, it seems. For what it's worth, my scrotum was very tight but not swollen for 2-3 weeks post-op. And had sharp pain (not a kicked in the cods type ache) in or about either nut where the pump rested against them. At 7 weeks it's relaxed a good deal and is basically fine, though I still get occasional shooting pains for no apparent reason, just to remind me. Ye scrotum is kinda clever the way it goes in and out and makes room for the new tenant.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:27 am

Mastercard wrote:I have been reading posts on this site and sitting on the fence about getting an implant for a few years with all kinds of mixed feelings on the why and why not's. Well I finally fell off the fence and landed in a Aug 2nd implant date with Dr. Kramer. I figured out what took me so long to decide: I am scared as hell and still scared as I type. I think someone wrote after their third day they were wondering what the hell they had done. I am wondering before I even get started.

Questions

MC,

I sat on the same fence, and landed EXACTLY where you have -- scheduled with Dr. Kramer for August 2nd! Worsening ED for a few years had me on the fence. The knockout blow from my RP in March pushed me over the edge. And while I'm scared shitless about this, I'm trying to stay focused on:

1. How wonderful it will be for my self esteem, emotional and mental health, and my wife's and my relationship.

2. How wonderful it will be to be able to approach sex without fear of failure from a limp dick, or from an erection that won't last. Really looking forward to having those pressures gone, so that we can just enjoy the moments.

3. How wonderful it will be to have a dick that I don't have to search for. My dick was always on the very short end of the bell shaped curve, but the prostatectomy took away what little I had when flaccid. A frightened turtle head is uncomfortable both physically and psychologically.

4. Having read the praises of him here on FT, and having spoken to him, I am extremely confident that Dr. Kramer will deliver the best results possible.

What time is your surgery scheduled? We'll probably get to meet each other, maybe before and after our bionic transformations. My best to you!

Bob

PM if you'd like to chat.
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:41 am

Eveready wrote:Can't yet speak to cycling of the bicycle type: hoped to be back in the saddle at 4-5 weeks but it was not to be. The day is getting closer, though.
Motorcycling? Well I'd expect you to be able to get astride a cruiser after a few weeks, but might be longer if you're aboard a crotch rocket. Like - how far do you lean forward and put the squeeze on them babies? And look, you're probably going to have to sit out next year's Paris-Dakar.
There's a wide variety of experience in the nut behaviour department, it seems. For what it's worth, my scrotum was very tight but not swollen for 2-3 weeks post-op. And had sharp pain (not a kicked in the cods type ache) in or about either nut where the pump rested against them. At 7 weeks it's relaxed a good deal and is basically fine, though I still get occasional shooting pains for no apparent reason, just to remind me. Ye scrotum is kinda clever the way it goes in and out and makes room for the new tenant.

Oh no, no Paris-Dakar, damn! :lol: I'm only 4 weeks post op, but I honestly think I could ride a cruiser. And if I hadn't sold my VTX1300 last year, you bet I would be riding. I also like to ride dual sport bikes, and they sit up high for the ground clearance, so that might be another story. Sitting on a bike with 35" seat height might scrunch the boys with the extra inhabitant. :lol: But I suspect in 6 months I would be able to even ride a dual sport bike. I'm still in good enough shape to ride off road, so I want to get more off road riding in before I can't anymore. I do like to ride a hybrid bicycle too, but I don't think I should try that just yet.

It didn't take me long to get off the fence, 6 months without being able to fuck was enough for me to get off the fence. I can't comment about golfing, as I don't golf anyways. My scrotum does tighten up at times, but most of the time it saggy. To be honest, my sack is still adjusting to the new occupant. I really see no reason why I couldn't ride a bicycle or golf for that matter. Good luck, Aug 2nd will be here before you know it. And quite honestly, I was scared too. But it really wasn't that bad.

Below is a video of Malcolm Smith riding off road, and at the time, he was 68. For those who don't know who he is, he's an American motorcycle racer. He first started racing in the 50's. He is a six-time winner of the Baja 1000. He was in the classic motorcycle documentary, On Any Sunday, alongside screen legend Steve McQueen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwEWl2Br_g
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 am

radioradio wrote:
Mastercard wrote:I have been reading posts on this site and sitting on the fence about getting an implant for a few years with all kinds of mixed feelings on the why and why not's. Well I finally fell off the fence and landed in a Aug 2nd implant date with Dr. Kramer. I figured out what took me so long to decide: I am scared as hell and still scared as I type. I think someone wrote after their third day they were wondering what the hell they had done. I am wondering before I even get started.

Questions

MC,

I sat on the same fence, and landed EXACTLY where you have -- scheduled with Dr. Kramer for August 2nd! Worsening ED for a few years had me on the fence. The knockout blow from my RP in March pushed me over the edge. And while I'm scared shitless about this, I'm trying to stay focused on:

1. How wonderful it will be for my self esteem, emotional and mental health, and my wife's and my relationship.

2. How wonderful it will be to be able to approach sex without fear of failure from a limp dick, or from an erection that won't last. Really looking forward to having those pressures gone, so that we can just enjoy the moments.

3. How wonderful it will be to have a dick that I don't have to search for. My dick was always on the very short end of the bell shaped curve, but the prostatectomy took away what little I had when flaccid. A frightened turtle head is uncomfortable both physically and psychologically.

4. Having read the praises of him here on FT, and having spoken to him, I am extremely confident that Dr. Kramer will deliver the best results possible.

What time is your surgery scheduled? We'll probably get to meet each other, maybe before and after our bionic transformations. My best to you!

Bob

PM if you'd like to chat.

Wow, you both are getting it done on the same day! Sheet, how cool is that. Guy's, I'll be honest, it was a piece of cake. You don't feel a thing. :lol: The worst part for me when the nurse pulled the catheter out. It got stuck on tape, so there was a little delay with him getting it out. I made some noise, and my wife laughed.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:38 am

Ed,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. They're helpful.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:42 am

MC and I will be bionic fraternal twins.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Questions

MasterCard, I was one of them that was asking my self "what the hell have I done" Like you have a RP in February of 2016. The day after my implant surgery I had some inconsistency problems again not as bad as the RP, but i had to wear a pad. I had not heard of anyone having that problem here until I asked and some us RP guys have a little problem with it. So just be prepared and hopeful you have no problem.

I am 2 weeks out and it really wasn't bad. I would just make sure I have my butt laying down and icing for at less a week. I didn't even know they removed the catheter the next day. Just get ready to rest and ice you will be fine.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Tybeeman wrote:

Questions

MasterCard, I was one of them that was asking my self "what the hell have I done" Like you have a RP in February of 2016. The day after my implant surgery I had some inconsistency problems again not as bad as the RP, but i had to wear a pad. I had not heard of anyone having that problem here until I asked and some us RP guys have a little problem with it. So just be prepared and hopeful you have no problem.

I am 2 weeks out and it really wasn't bad. I would just make sure I have my butt laying down and icing for at less a week. I didn't even know they removed the catheter the next day. Just get ready to rest and ice you will be fine.

Tybee, glad to see you are healing up good. Can't believe it's been 2 weeks already.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Return to “Implants”