3 Inches and no change

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
torless50

Re: 3 Inches and no change

Postby torless50 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 pm

MichaelM wrote:She said I probably was not 5.5 or 6 inches because I was measuring from the bottom of the vacuum pump to the tip of the penis, and usually quite a bit of the surrounding pubic tissue gets sucked up into the vacuum tube. She did ask me if the length to my own eyes seems the same as before, and yes, it seems similar, but when I clamp my hand around it, it's not as long as my hand is wide, and I remember having my glans being completely beyond the width of my hand. In other words, I could pull away from my body and hit the glans. Not any more. But the last time I could get an erection where I could masturbate with my hand was 2007. After that, I just had to use a vibrator on a partially erect penis or even a flaccid penis. Now I have no sensation that could be called erotic. Another doctor is not going to reconnect the nerves. They're the size of sewing thread. And my wife doesn't care. Would I do it again if I knew what I would get? Yes, the penis had disappeared inside my body and I was sitting on the toilet making a mess and sometimes shooting under the toilet seat onto the floor or my pants. So now I can stand or sit as I choose. I do not want to do it all over - it was a horrible experience - just to get some length and no feeling. My wife won't use it no matter its size, and I can't feel anything anyway. Anybody telling you that cut nerves of that size can be reconnected is a liar. Standard rule of thumb is that those nerves may reconnect within 6 months. After 6 months, whatever you have is all you'll get. I have gotten a sensation of touch back. Like my finger. But I can rub my finger from now until doomsday and not get an orgasm. And I realize that 50 years ago, with the aggressive cancer I had, I would have been dead.

Go to eid or kramer and get a second opinion, is your penis!
Because I think your implant was badly measured, sincerely
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

MichaelM

Postby MichaelM » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Lost Sheep, You gave me some new thoughts to ruminate on. I realize that before I had cancer (2013) I had lost all erectile ability (2007). In between those dates, I would guess my flaccid state to be 1 or 2 inches. I never measured my erect state (just never thought of it). Again between those dates, I measured a pretty clear 5.5 in the vacuum device. As you say, it seemed to go down when I took the vacuum off and used a rubber ring to attempt to keep the erection. I never found a ring tight enough (even though I found one so tight I had difficulty (and got a little scared) removing it). I tried having intercourse, but with the tightest ring, the erection disappeared before I was able to enjoy anything. So using your 1 inch loss as a guide, that would mean that I was probably more a natural 4.5 (which would put my glans outside my hand, which supports that assumption of 4.5). After the surgery, I kept using the vacuum pump and it seemed to expand to the 5.5 I was used to, but within a couple hours or more, disappeared, finally before my surgery this May 16, inside my body. Having 3.5 or 3.75 (It's hard to tell because I measure from the top with a carpenter's tape measure and it depends on how much a push it toward my body when I am looking at the tip for a measurement), may, as you have explained it, be entirely appropriate considering how long this has been going on. That would mean I only have to hope the sensation comes back in the next 3 or 4 months.
6/2013 DaVinci Radical Prostatectomy sacrificing erectile nerve. 5/16/2017 AMS 700 MS series 15cm (with 4 RTEs) No orgasm unless after extended time. Am now 4.5 inches (after an hour, maybe 5 inches; 5.5 implanted). Lots of hand arthritis. Age 65

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 pm

MichaelM wrote:Lost Sheep, You gave me some new thoughts to ruminate on. I realize that before I had cancer (2013) I had lost all erectile ability (2007). In between those dates, I would guess my flaccid state to be 1 or 2 inches. I never measured my erect state (just never thought of it). Again between those dates, I measured a pretty clear 5.5 in the vacuum device. As you say, it seemed to go down when I took the vacuum off and used a rubber ring to attempt to keep the erection. I never found a ring tight enough (even though I found one so tight I had difficulty (and got a little scared) removing it). I tried having intercourse, but with the tightest ring, the erection disappeared before I was able to enjoy anything. So using your 1 inch loss as a guide, that would mean that I was probably more a natural 4.5 (which would put my glans outside my hand, which supports that assumption of 4.5). After the surgery, I kept using the vacuum pump and it seemed to expand to the 5.5 I was used to, but within a couple hours or more, disappeared, finally before my surgery this May 16, inside my body. Having 3.5 or 3.75 (It's hard to tell because I measure from the top with a carpenter's tape measure and it depends on how much a push it toward my body when I am looking at the tip for a measurement), may, as you have explained it, be entirely appropriate considering how long this has been going on. That would mean I only have to hope the sensation comes back in the next 3 or 4 months.

I would give it more time and start a Donnie Bryan stretching routine.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:57 pm

MichaelM wrote:Lost Sheep, You gave me some new thoughts to ruminate on.

Thanks for reading.

I will reiterate and expand on my advice to contact the implant maker's representative. The good ones are VERY knowledgeable about their products and how to properly install and operate them. The reps also are quite often in the operating room looking over the surgeon's shoulder and coaching those unfamiliar with any peculiarities on the implant or the process.

In short, they are expert at the product and the also have a vested interest in your favorable outcome. They have a GREAT incentive to make sure every surgeon implanting their devices know how to do it properly and NEED TO KNOW if a surgeon is doing it sub-optimally. (I purposely avoided using the phrase "doing it wrong".)

A good rep will talk to you, even meet with you and give advice. The company wants you to be successful and has little incentive to to cover up for any doctor.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Tybeeman wrote:I would give it more time and start a Donnie Bryan stretching routine.

Thanks for showing everybody here that you have no idea of what you are talking about. Just thanks. :roll: :roll:

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:31 pm

PFracture wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:I would give it more time and start a Donnie Bryan stretching routine.

Thanks for showing everybody here that you have no idea of what you are talking about. Just thanks. :roll: :roll:

If we only had Merrix back. Everything would be clear. We miss you Merrix. NOT
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:47 pm

PFracture wrote:

PFracture, Are you the same guy that went to a doctors appointment that took 3 months to get and didn't let him examine you? Pissed off because he wouldn't read another doctors report.

By the way PFracture how is your Index project going? That really took off. Brilliant

Damn dude you are one dumb ass to come on here and attack people.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

MichaelM

Postby MichaelM » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:57 pm

Lost Sheep, You probably missed my message where I talked about the doctor referring me to the factory rep from AMS who was present during my surgery. He was the one who assessed and confirmed the doctor's choice of the 15cm implant with 4 rtes. He told me that was the largest that would fit, and he even felt comfortable inflating the implant for me since I was having trouble. I thought the inflation would be like squeezing a squirt bulb, but found it very firm. He said small squeezes was just find. Eventually the squeezes at the beginning would get easy and then harder as I reach the maximum. However, I told him how surprised I was to be getting 3 inches, and he said to keep going, that I would get to 3.5 to 3.75 or possibly 4 (considering the implant will stretch 10% and there is at least half an inch of glans past the end of the implant. But you're right, he stated what size I was given, stated he and the doctor agreed, and he is quite aware that every man wants his "best", but that it is improper to put something in that is too large for the organ when stretched. But consoled that 3.5 inches is quite satisfactory for pleasing my wife. So I actually used the doctor, who I saw a week later, to confirm what the rep told me. So I guess I am the way I should be. They were both disappointed at the loss of all erotic sensitivity and told me "not to lose hope until at least 6 months after surgery".
6/2013 DaVinci Radical Prostatectomy sacrificing erectile nerve. 5/16/2017 AMS 700 MS series 15cm (with 4 RTEs) No orgasm unless after extended time. Am now 4.5 inches (after an hour, maybe 5 inches; 5.5 implanted). Lots of hand arthritis. Age 65

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:25 am

MichaelM wrote:Lost Sheep, You probably missed my message where I talked about the doctor referring me to the factory rep from AMS who was present during my surgery. He was the one who assessed and confirmed the doctor's choice of the 15cm implant with 4 rtes. He told me that was the largest that would fit, and he even felt comfortable inflating the implant for me since I was having trouble. I thought the inflation would be like squeezing a squirt bulb, but found it very firm. He said small squeezes was just find. Eventually the squeezes at the beginning would get easy and then harder as I reach the maximum. However, I told him how surprised I was to be getting 3 inches, and he said to keep going, that I would get to 3.5 to 3.75 or possibly 4 (considering the implant will stretch 10% and there is at least half an inch of glans past the end of the implant. But you're right, he stated what size I was given, stated he and the doctor agreed, and he is quite aware that every man wants his "best", but that it is improper to put something in that is too large for the organ when stretched. But consoled that 3.5 inches is quite satisfactory for pleasing my wife. So I actually used the doctor, who I saw a week later, to confirm what the rep told me. So I guess I am the way I should be. They were both disappointed at the loss of all erotic sensitivity and told me "not to lose hope until at least 6 months after surgery".

Yes, I missed that post. Sorry for the omission. I am bummed out for you. We can only hope that over time your scar tissue and atrophied tissue will stretch out. But any significan increase may have to wait for realization until a revision (usually when the implant fails for some reason).

Still, I wonder about the "15+4". An 18 +1 seems to me that it would be a better choice. Absent contraindications, fewer RTEs are generally better for stability of the erection. I wouldn't turn up my nose at a second medical opinion.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 am

Tybeeman wrote:
PFracture wrote:

PFracture, Are you the same guy that went to a doctors appointment that took 3 months to get and didn't let him examine you? Pissed off because he wouldn't read another doctors report.

By the way PFracture how is your Index project going? That really took off. Brilliant

Damn dude you are one dumb ass to come on here and attack people.

We have no medical knowledge here, so we should be as logical and supportive as possible. The ones that truly cared just a bit, told him to seek medical help with another physician because clearly things do not add up.

And then we have guys like you... ''huh just wait and try this bogus stretching routine that we have no evidence of and see'' oh, I mean. We do have because ''it just works!'' even though we have no proof. :roll:

No need to say anything else, when you embarrass yourself like this, hijacking others threads with childish tirades, that 16 yo would do better. Hey... I am even surprised you haven't mentioned somebody's penile size too? :?

Return to “Implants”