Implants for peyronies

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nudist

Implants for peyronies

Postby nudist » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:32 am

I haven't seen too many posts from people that got implants to fix peyronies.
If any of you have taken this course, would you mind discussing your experiences and satisfaction/dissatisfaction?
I am scheduled for a titan in september and hope this will be the solution.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

chedog

Re: Implants for peyronies

Postby chedog » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:29 pm

My Peyronies was 100% corrected by the implant of an AMS LGX a little over a year ago. It was a recommendation from my urologist, and, until she mentioned it, I had never heard of an implant. She suggested I consider it instead of the injection therapy that was in vogue (at least 1-3 years ago) since she asked if I had ED as well, and then said the implant would cure both.

It did and I'm very pleased, Happy to answer more specific questions if you ask them!

nudist

Postby nudist » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:37 pm

thanks so much, chedog. that is VERY encouraging.
how long was your recovery? how long in the hospital? any infection?
do you prefer PM or discuss here?
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:50 pm

My implant was not primarily for Peyronie's, but Dr Kramer told me with a little modeling during the procedure the implant would also take care of my curvature, which it did.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

nudist

Postby nudist » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:32 pm

I am doing it primarily for peyronies (some ED).
my dr. said titan, without much consideration for AMS.

sure hope it is successful!

chedog

Postby chedog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 am

Well ... there's actually a longer story -- meaning I left out the intermediate steps -- which I'm happy to share. Here goes:

how long was your recovery?

My urologist thought Coloplast was better for me but, after 8 weeks or so, I was still very swelled up scrotally and she decided to remove it.

I then had a semi-rigid one piece for 6 months -- it was not good for intercourse but kept things open in the penis.

Then I got an AMS as the replacement and, 15 months after the operation, things are great.

So you could call all that "recovery," but, for the successful LGX I now have, I'd say it weas within the pattern you'll see here: say 2-3 months to fully recover.

how long in the hospital?

All three surgeries were on Medicare. They require overnight, so the first was 24 hours.

Second and third involved the doc anting to keep an eye out for problems and treat proactively to avoid the first ops fate, so 48 hours each time.

any infection?

As you'll note in my above answer, i guess I can say "no, but...."

I had a Titan implanted; all seemed okay. But the swelling never went down, after 6-8 weeks, in the scrotum sac where the pump was located. They treated it as if it would turn out to be an infection, but, after many lab tests, there was none. It was just clear liquid in the sac which was the body's rejection of the pump.

Pump in scrotum was rejected, resulting in excess fluid in scrotum @ 8 weeks post-op. From everything I was told (and I believe it to be true), there was no infection, just body rejecting the foreign materiial.

So the Titan was removed and I had a revision (actually two: once to implant a semi-malleable; six months later an AMS LGX). I've now had the AMS six months and everything goes well.

For me, the good news is that it wasn't an infection; the bad news is I had to go through three surgeries and wait almost a year before I could use my implant.

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am

wow. what a trip! thank you for the additional information and explanation.
I have a medicare advantage plan and I'm still trying to pin down exact costs to expect. My share of the cost of the device (titan) is 20% but no one has been able to tell me 20% of what number. I believe my dr. sends you home in less that 24 hrs unless there is some problem.

billigan70

Postby billigan70 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:14 am

I had both patch grafting and a Titan implant put in on the same day for peyronies.
This was back in late February - so far so good !
22cm Titan touch implanted on 2/27/17

vey999

Postby vey999 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:01 pm

As it was explained to me, if peyronie’s is the only problem, they have pills and if ed is the only problem, then they have pills for that, too. But if you have both, like I did, implant is the best.

I had peyronie’s with about a 45 degree Bend backwards, so when erected, it doubled back on itself, but when straightened out for insertion, it deflated. I didn't have the bumps, but I did have the hourglass.

Implant straightened it all out. 100% functional. A little too stiff when deflated, but not bad. I really wasn't comfortable with everything for 6 months. Some people say a year.
Age 60.Titan installed at VAMC Orlando. 12/15/2016 by Sarat Sabharwal.

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:42 pm

"Implant straightened it all out. 100% functional."
that's good to hear! did you have a coloplast titan? that's what the dr. is calling for in my case.

Return to “Implants”