coloplast deflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bearnextdoor

coloplast deflation

Postby bearnextdoor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:04 am

Has anyone on the group had a lot of trouble learning to use the deflate value on the Coloplast Titan? I am in the four week phase after the surgery. I was told to inflate and deflate at least once per day. Inflation isn't difficult, but the deflation isn't going well and is painful. Just curious about others results.
Implanted by Dr. Raphael Carrion in Tampa, FL on 6/6/2017 with. Coloplast Titan 18 cm one RTE on left side.

dg_moore

Re: coloplast deflation

Postby dg_moore » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:50 am

I've had my Titan since 2008. To this day it remains difficult (but not uncomfortable) to deflate. But in my case it's not a big deal since I very rarely inflate it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:58 am

Only trouble I have with it is getting the deflate button between two fingers so I can squeeze it.

Tenk11

Postby Tenk11 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:55 am

DaveET1 wrote:Only trouble I have with it is getting the deflate button between two fingers so I can squeeze it.

Same with me. It might take a while to line it up but other than that it works fine.
36 years old. Coloplast Titan OTR implanted on 6/1/2017 infrapubically. 20 cm cylinders (no rear tip extenders) with a 125 ml reservoir. So far so good!

vey999

Postby vey999 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:57 pm

I had a terrible time. I stayed inflated from Friday night until Monday morning the first time I inflated it. The nurse deflated it, but I was gunshy so I left it alone for a couple of weeks. When I called and said I was ready to get more lessons, the coloplast salesman was called in.
He got me on the right road.
So here is how I do it:
1.stand up 2. Twist the pump around using both hand's fingers.
3. Reaching around back of scrotum with one hand, push the pump to the side so it can be gotten a hold of and away from the testicle 4. With the other hand squeeze the button between thumb and forefinger.

Try that. I still can't feel the button, but feel for the flat sides.
Age 60.Titan installed at VAMC Orlando. 12/15/2016 by Sarat Sabharwal.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:35 pm

vey999, sounds to me like you've got the range there. If you can feel the flat sides, then you can probably turn it 90 degrees and get at the button. I was surprised how long the complete end to the swelling took. It was several weeks from when I first got the feel of the deflate button until I could completely feel it and push it around with no discomfort. During that time I was a little gun-shy about inflating it. From about 7 weeks on out, I've been fooling around with it all the time. What fun.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:39 pm

vey999, was the Coloplast Rep's name Eric? He's the one who helped me when the bulb went hard, and it's just fine now.

vey999

Postby vey999 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm in Orlando and his name is Frank.
Age 60.Titan installed at VAMC Orlando. 12/15/2016 by Sarat Sabharwal.

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:35 pm

I have a titan touch and having much trouble with deflate. Can't seem to get to the button. Pump is high and the button is obscured under base of penis. Anyone help?

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Sounds like positioning of the pump is a significant factor.
In the first few weeks I was instructed to keep pulling it down, which I did and it is very easy to locate. Once all swelling disappeared it became easy to locate the flat side and differentiate it from the slightly rounded 'button' side. After all it doesn't change positions... and I have 'learned' where it is and can locate the side to squeeze very easily.
Seems like the lower the pump the better.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”