Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Expo2000

Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

Postby Expo2000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Hello to everyone,

First, just a quick acknowledgement of what a great site this is! I literally just discovered it just a few days before my implant. I can clearly see what a valuable resource this site is for those of us facing these challenges. In fact, I wish that I had discovered this Frank resource earlier...

I will tell my backstory later, but will fast forward to today, Saturday June 17, 2017.
Today is day 3 of my journey. Surgery was on Thursday June 15th.

Day 1, the operation went fairly well, and was pleasantly surprised that I lived through the experience (just trying to be witty). The unit is a CX, 18 +1 cm. Lots of pain, per expectations, but also a little shocking to see the bomb that had gone off… black and blue and red all over. On a positive note, it was great to see some size and heft in a zone that was deficient the day before! Was also great to see that my turtling issue also appears to be solved! Emotions were generally positive, with thoughts of how this will improve love with my wife...

There appears to have just been one incision, square shaped, and behind the testicles and at the base of the shaft. It was covered in surgical tape, which came of in the shower this morning. All the advice about showers was true, I certainly enjoyed that! The pump is situated behind the testicles, and not really in the scrotum per se, but in that area behind the scrotum.

Day 2 was spent in the hospital on IV drips. Nursing staff was great and very supportive. Day 2 the gauze also came off, and plenty of asymmetrical swelling and bending to be seen. The penis is semi hard, the doctor said about 20% inflated. I also noted the rather firm rigidity of the CX.

Day 3 is today, and another mixed bag of emotions. My left testicle seems to have ascended, causing some concern. The penis is also pointing pretty much straight down, despite partial inflation. Not sure if this is how or is supposed to be, but that's how they had it bundled up following surgery (downwards dog). There is also a left bend to the shaft, which the surgeon noted and said that will need work by me to shape the shaft properly (inflation training or whatever the proper term is). The swelling is much better today, I'm happy to report. Enjoying the famous bag of frozen peas at this very moment! Experiencing some nausea, possibly due to T3s, and had some light headedness and sweating earlier. Not too bad now that I'm lying down in a cool room.

Still constipated after 3 days. Have taken 3 stool softeners plus prunes plus 2 doses of Metamucil. Still waiting for relief in that department.

Supposed to have a 1 week consult with surgeon and then again at 4-6 weeks.

I can see that, at least for me, this is going to be a long journey, and one that will be challenging both physically but also mentally.

My request: can I please hear some ”love” for the CX? So far it seems pretty rigid, and that's causing some concern. I see lots of support for LGX on these boards, but some positive stories or links to CX success stories would be kindly appreciated!

Also seeking reassurance that I'll be able to get this puppy pointed upwards (perhaps after activation and training)?

Finally, before the operation, I led a pretty active lifestyle, going to the gym and doing lots of cycling. I know that I can't just jump right back on the bike, but will I eventually be able to resume long bike rides? I used to do about 60 km a day, 3-4x per week. Will such bike trips be possible?

Thanks again for this forum, and thanks for allowing me to join!
Looking forward to being a regular contributor, and to paying it forward !

Expo
18 cm +1 tip; AMS 700 CX installed on June 15, 2017. 53 years old. Canada.
Willing to discuss and answer questions, but probably too early to have much insight (yet).
Currently in very early days, not yet activated...

CANADIANNORTH

Re: Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

Postby CANADIANNORTH » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Congratulations for the procedure , who was your surgeon ? I am still waiting for my implant .
Have you stayed one day in the hospital ?
Diabetes type 2 , heart attack , complete ED , Corrected by Dr Brock ( London/Ontario) on June/2018 . Had an AMS CX 18 CM + 2 RTE .

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Expo2000 wrote:Hello to everyone,

First, just a quick acknowledgement of what a great site this is! I literally just discovered it just a few days before my implant. I can clearly see what a valuable resource this site is for those of us facing these challenges. In fact, I wish that I had discovered this Frank resource earlier...

I will tell my backstory later, but will fast forward to today, Saturday June 17, 2017.

Day 1, the operation went fairly well, and was pleasantly surprised that I lived through the experience (just trying to be witty). The unit is a CX, 18 +1 cm. Lots of pain, per expectations, but also a little shocking to see the bomb that had gone off… black and blue and red all over. On a positive note, it was great to see some size and heft in a zone that was deficient the day before! Was also great to see that my turtling issue also appears to be solved! Emotions were generally positive, with thoughts of how this will improve love with my wife...

There appears to have just been one incision, square shaped, and behind the testicles and at the base of the shaft. It was covered in surgical tape, which came of in the shower this morning. All the advice about showers was true, I certainly enjoyed that! The pump is situated behind the testicles, and not really in the scrotum per se, but in that area behind the scrotum.

Day 2 was spent in the hospital on IV drips. Nursing staff was great and very supportive. Day 2 the gauze also came off, and plenty of asymmetrical swelling and bending to be seen. The penis is semi hard, the doctor said about 20% inflated. I also noted the rather firm rigidity of the CX.

Day 3 is today, and another mixed bag of emotions. My left testicle seems to have ascended, causing some concern. The penis is also pointing pretty much straight down, despite partial inflation. Not sure if this is how or is supposed to be, but that's how they had it bundled up following surgery (downwards dog). There is also a left bend to the shaft, which the surgeon noted and said that will need work by me to shape the shaft properly (inflation training or whatever the proper term is). The swelling is much better today, I'm happy to report. Enjoying the famous bag of frozen peas at this very moment! Experiencing some nausea, possibly due to T3s, and had some light headedness and sweating earlier. Not too bad now that I'm lying down in a cool room.

Still constipated after 3 days. Have taken 3 stool softeners plus prunes plus 2 doses of Metamucil. Still waiting for relief in that department.

I can see that, at least for me, this is going to be a long journey, and one that will be challenging both physically but also mentally.

My request: can I please hear some ”love” for the CX? So far it seems pretty rigid, and that's causing some concern. I see lots of support for LGX on these boards, but some positive stories or links to CX success stories would be kindly appreciated!

Also seeking reassurance that I'll be able to get this puppy pointed upwards (perhaps after activation and training)?

Finally, before the operation, I led a pretty active lifestyle, going to the gym and doing lots of cycling. I know that I can't just jump right back on the bike, but will I eventually be able to resume long bike rides? I used to do about 60 km a day, 3-4x per week. Will such bike trips be possible?

Expo

Hello fellow Canadian; The constipation is due to the pain killers. I am kind of surprised you only got Tylenol 3's. I got Dilauded and Percosets. I also got got a Rx. stool softener. You should be able to do everything you did before the surgery. Mine pointed out at first (because of the swelling) but then went down. When you are able to pump up more than 20% it will come up again.

Larry

Expo2000

Postby Expo2000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reassurances on directionality, Larry.
Good to know that I can get things punted in the right direction...
;)
So far this has been quite the emotional roller coaster...
Hopefuly I can drop a #2 soon, have a bath, and keep moving forward on the recovery...
18 cm +1 tip; AMS 700 CX installed on June 15, 2017. 53 years old. Canada.
Willing to discuss and answer questions, but probably too early to have much insight (yet).
Currently in very early days, not yet activated...

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:48 pm

From Montreal? I have fam in Vancouver. Used to see Expos games on tv in French lol. Anyway welcome to the board. Congrats on your implant. I was constipated as well. I took milk of magnesia and got it over with. If you take narcotic pain relievers you might need to use it more than once. The first one after being released is the worst. The anesthesia shuts down your bowels. I have had both an lgx and cx. The cx is more rigid. I have found that the women who are the most sexual love it the most. They love it pumped to the max. Others enjoy it pumped to maybe 80 percent. The worst is over. Time to relax and heal. I've rode a bike with no problems but nothing as far as yours.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Expo2000 wrote:Finally, before the operation, I led a pretty active lifestyle, going to the gym and doing lots of cycling. I know that I can't just jump right back on the bike, but will I eventually be able to resume long bike rides? I used to do about 60 km a day, 3-4x per week. Will such bike trips be possible?
Hi Expo. I certainly hope that your bike rides can resume quickly after the surgery. Long distance cycling has been a passion all my life. If I decide on an implant, I intend to question the surgeons in detail about how my bicycling might be affected. It could even determine the size and location of the pump in the scrotum. I'm not sure how a bike saddle might contact the implant or if that's even the concern. I use narrow and firm saddles like Brooks Professional and Selle Italia Flite. I hope you will keep us updated on the bicycling as you recover.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Expo2000 wrote:Hello to everyone,

Expo

Congrats on your implant! I got mine on the 9th. I still have some swelling. It is sore where the pump is too. The pump is located where my right nut would be. Hang in there brother.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

fryboy

Postby fryboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 am

Congrats. I'll be following your journey. I'm from the west coast of Canada. My surgery isn't until January 2018. Mind if I ask who your surgeon is? There isn't many on the west coast.

TIA
55 year old. Suffered ed for 7 years. Tried pills, pump, injection. Implant surgery scheduled Feb 8,2018

joe456

Postby joe456 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:48 am

Congrats on your implant. Mine is on the 22 of June
best wishes to you
none

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:37 am

CANADIANNORTH wrote:Congratulations for the procedure , who was your surgeon ? I am still waiting for my implant .
Have you stayed one day in the hospital ?

Where are you?

Return to “Implants”