Amount of inflation after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JayGould

Amount of inflation after surgery

Postby JayGould » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 am

How much (in %) were you left inflated after surgery? Is there a reason why one isn't left inflated close to 100%? (It would probably maximize size wouldn't it?

Larry10625

Re: Amount of inflation after surgery

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 am

JayGould wrote:How much (in %) were you left inflated after surgery? Is there a reason why one isn't left inflated close to 100%? (It would probably maximize size wouldn't it?

My was only 20% - 25% and both sides were inflated.

Larry

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:39 am

Mine was 20--25%. I would think partial inflation is to give the surgery areas time to heal. It's not read pleasant down there for a week or so.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:37 pm

My local surgeon stated he would probably leave me at 80%. (I hope I am remembering correctly. Every other report i have heard or read in the medical literature has been far lower)

One complication of the question is that there is only so much saline in the reservoir, pump, tubing and impkant tubes. If you leave tye reservoir deflated, scar tissue encapsulation begins to form around the (smaller) reservoir potentiall leading to difficulty with deflating the implant fully.

Early and aggressive cycling of the implant is the only practice currently in use to relieve the pseudocapsule issues of competing goals...easy and complete deflation when desired and easy and complete inflation when desired.

I am still trying to get a surgery date for implant.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Based on my readings and reportings, it seems that there are two schools of thoughts:

1. Leave 20-30% inflation to reduce the amount of pseudo capsule forming around the cylinders, hence facilitating the expansion maximization during cycling.
2. Leave it fully deflated to reduce the amount of pseudo capsule forming around the reservoir, hence facilitating the deflation process.

Which approach is better? Is seems to me that the #1 is more in tune with AMS devices since they are easier to deflate, and #2 are more in tune with Titan since it is not as easy to deflate as the AMS, but it is more potent to break any pseudo capsule formed around the cylinders.

Any thoughts?
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Boca Grande

Postby Boca Grande » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:24 pm

One of my doctors said that the amount of inflation depended on the quantity of scar tissue. I must have had a lot as I swear I'm at 100%. I've been leaning to the left for the past couple of years.
ED problems started around age 50, getting progressively worse. Received a Coloplast Titan, with the Genesis pump, implant on June 12, 2017 at age 68. Diagnosed with venous leak and scar tissue prior to surgery. Surgeon: Rafael Carrion, Tampa, Florida

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm not sure, maybe 50%. That maddening stiffie nearly drove me crazy! However, there was absolutely no pain in cycling and full erection. Never.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:59 pm

You were lucky, Donnie. Or just another insensitive male ...
I was left at 60% for two weeks, then at first follow up deflated to 10-20% & instructed to cycle to 60% and build up from there over 2-3 weeks. Little by little the pain associated with these processes is diminishing, to judge by a decrease in the amount of pain meds I'm taking.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Dude,
Two surgeries at the same time may have complicated things. Requiring a more gentle cycling. Just thinking.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”