Lost motivation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Lost motivation

Postby merrix » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:50 pm

I have been off this forum for two weeks. The last one by choice. The first one because the administrators of the site thought I was not worthy of being here. Due to my posts, according to them, being ”overly argumentative and aggressive”.

Even though I completely and totally disagree, I have no problem with accepting that the people who put their effort in to running this site must have the right to take the decisions they think benefits their interest.

So if they want to suspend me for pointing out obvious factual errors and question statements that seems to be inaccurate, then it’s their right.
On the other hand, it is likewise my right, and responsibility to myself, to spend my time - which is already a scarce resource - where I think it is worth to spend.

And I have spent a lot of time here. Dozens (or is it hundreds?) of hours have I used to as detailed, accurate and well as I ever could describe my experience of getting implanted. I have tried to answer questions from people, I have tried to engage in discussions with the main purpose of sharing the knowledge I have gained. I have happily accepted phone calls from younger guys looking for talking to someone they can identify with and ask questions about getting and being implanted.

I have tried to learn more myself as well. And in my opinion, learning (and knowledge) is created by being factual correct and by questioning things. By discussing. Only by questioning things can you learn more.
But - if this site does not allow me to question some of the most apparent misinformation ever posted here, then this is not for me. If that leads to suspension of my account, then I simply stand so far away from the fundamental principles of what this site should be about. As a result, I have completely lost my motivation to continue to spend time here. If what I posted in the thread where several posts not only from me, but from several others as well, got deleted - then I don’t see neither my contribution, nor my benefits, of being here.

If pointing out that 18-5 (which my calculator says is 13) does not equal 19-1.5 (which the same calculator says is 17.5) leads to having my account blocked for a week, well, then I’m out. I will spend my time somewhere else.

The whole thing gets even more ridiculous when a picture (the groin measurement) is recently posted that proves I was right. It may hurt someone’s ego to be called out, but in my opinion it is more important to make sure people who come here get accurate information. Apparently the administrators of the site do not share those priorities. And again, that is fine, it is their right. But then it is not for me.

If someone knows a good way to copy a whole thread to a word document or similar, please let me know in a PM. Maybe the administrators can help me with that? I would really like to keep ’My Journal’ for myself for future reference. It is invaluable documentation for me.

Bye for now. I will say ”for now”, because who knows, I might change my mind and be back one day, but for the time being, I’ve had it with this site. I may be posting one final 'update' in 'My Journal', but in terms of joining in discussions, I have had it for now.

And to those of you who have been here a long time, and who helped me learning when I needed it - Thanks. It was invaluable as it contributed to me taking a great decision, to get implanted with a Titan by Eid.

Take care guys.
May your dicks stand firm at a nice angle for the rest of your long lives.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

ThePlumber1964

Re: Lost motivation

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:54 pm

There must be middle point to resolve this. Your contributions to the forum is invaluable, and as adults men there are ways to reach an agreement.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Merrix
As I shared with you on a PM, even there you didn't get it. First the first time I will disagree with the Plumber. Just the fact that a new person, like my self 3 months ago, comes on here and reads your signature "Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon" is a very, at less to me, big set back for someone making a decision to have a implant. I am not in a position to get a world class surgeon. Does that mean I am better off just forgetting about getting the implant. What is world class. If you have seen pictures, as you have, of "The Reverend Donnie Bryan" dick you would have to say his implant was performed by a world class surgeon. I think it is more constructive on this site to answer question and give advise on question we should ask to make sure that the guy doing our implant is experienced. Trust me I almost gave up after reading some of the post on here until I started reading so many guy that had great success with local surgeons. Just in the last 6 weeks we have heard from 7 guy that had implants by local surgeons and knock on wood they all sound like everything is going well.

All that said it doesn't surprise me that you have got a negative push back from the administrator. I will agree with plumber that you do have a lot of knowledge that you could lend to people. if you could just accept that fact that we all can't have Eid do our implant and if a guy has a big dick and you think the implant size is wrong Who the hell cares.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Funny9097

Postby Funny9097 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Tybeeman - if you're annoyed at Merrix for saying 'go to a world class surgeon' that's your right

But, the general consensus is to do one's research on the doctor they choose (lots of bad stories/experiences on this site when that isn't done) and to go to a high volume surgeon, if possible

AussieRjay

Postby AussieRjay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am

It is entirely a matter for you Merrix whether you continue to participate or not, but I do wish to say that I found your writings exceptionally helpful to my own deliberations and - irrespective of any recent issues - you are to be congratulated for the unusual level of detail, (relative) objectivity and intelligence displayed in those posts.

In some respects (and I think you said as much yourself some time back), once the surgery and recovery is complete there is perhaps little reason to continue to participate here and I imagine many do withdraw at that point. I may well do so myself, that remains to be seen. You however persisted for quite a while and I feel that was out of a genuine spirit of generosity to the community here and to affected men generally. Such efforts pay no real dividend other than the gratitude of others, so for what it is worth I would like to communicate mine to you.

It's easy to invest too much time and emotion into forums of all kinds. I've done it myself in the past, and the correct response for me (often, sadly, realised too late) has always been to take a break, sometimes a short one, sometimes a long one and sometimes permanently. Decide later whether and to what extent you wish to re-engage. Apply your energies where they will be most valuable, and most valued. Don't waste them on relative trivialities. That will naturally self-limit opportunities for frustration to arise. Might I encourage you, on that basis and provided you care to do so, to at least update your journal from time to time if there is anything pertinent to add. It is a valuable reference.

On a lighter note, have you ever been personality typed under the Myer-Briggs test? If so, are you perhaps an INTJ? I would be unsurprised if you said yes. It is also my type (if you give any credence to the theory, many would call it pseudo-science. I am undecided.)

Best wishes.
44yo, venous leak since late teens. Destroyed 2 relationships and all self confidence. Implanted 9 May 2017 by Dr Chris Love, Melbourne Australia - Titan 23cm. Looking forward to a new life.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 am

Best wishes merrix. You have been a valuable asset and a supporting friend when needed. You professionalism in stating true fact and supporting it excel in their statement of quality reporting. Be well, best wishes to you the wife and the girls.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 am

I have found Merrix to be the single best source of unbiased and well thought information on this forum. There is no personal reasons for his arguments for or against something, he simply wants to reveal facts that will help someone make an informed decision.

And I am probably going with Eid because of him. Not because other surgeons are bad, but because he (and multiple other sources), have convinced me that Eid will have the highest probability of giving me a favorable outcome. That is not to say other surgeons can't, but because I am in the position to go with the best, I want to minimize my risks.

I don't think Merrix signature of finding a world class surgeon should be taken in a wrong way. The man is really suggesting to do your due diligence, and that going with a world class surgeon will maximize your chance of a good outcome. Does that mean you are wrong to go with another if you have no other option, no. But, I think the evidence is clear, as shown on this forum, that you are increasing your risks of complications if you go with someone who doesn't have a vast and successful history of implant surgeries. Only you can decide how much risk you can tolerate given your financial ability to choose a surgeon. If you are put off by the idea of finding a world class surgeon, then search the forum for surgeon f**k ups. You will see plenty of them, by surgeons other than the known top dogs. But, you will also see plenty of successful implants by the non-top dogs. You will also find that the world class guys have a much better track record here (albeit no perfect).
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:09 am

Tybeeman , I think you are missing the point on "find a world class surgeon". There are a number of doctors who do TOP QUALITY work...in essence, world class quality work. Merrix is not implying you find a high dollar Hollywood surgeon. For the record, Eid, Kramer, and Perito are some of the lowest priced surgeons you can find as long as transportation to them is not prohibiting to you. They also have the reputations of doing some of the best work in the industry along with other doctors I've not named.

AussieRjay, very interesting you brought up INTJ. I had not heard that acronym in several years. I was in the H.A.N.D study in 2009, 2010. H.I.V. Associated Neurological Disorder which is a form similar to dementia caused by the H.I.V. virus or the meds to treat it. I was dismissed from the study due to cyclical I.N.T.J. During periods of stress such as an emergency or figuring out an unsolvable problem, I excelled. Always did which was an excellent trait when I was on the fire department. Other times I was no different than anyone else who at least tries to think things rationally but other times I can forget what I am doing with the simplest tasks you do without thinking about them or start a new task. Too much risk of damaging the study results for me to remain though the regular $25 gift cards were nice. Maybe adrenaline kicks my brain in gear. I would agree Merrix tends to function in this psychological class full time. They make the best people I have ever worked with. We seem to have a great time. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 am

Cnidium wrote:I have found Merrix to be the single best source of unbiased and well thought information on this forum. There is no personal reasons for his arguments for or against something, he simply wants to reveal facts that will help someone make an informed decision.

agreed. no member of this forum posts with the same exhaustive depth of analysis. i was also deeply diappointed to find his attempts to prevent the proliferation of misinformation removed from franktalk, as were my own, and equally disheartened to learn he was also barred from participation for speaking the truth.

my contributions here have been trivial but merrix has been the most stalwart ft champion of precision and detail and i've struggled to come to terms with the fact that in this case the official response to his efforts has been punitive. censure? suspension? really?
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 am

Merrix is the single most important contributor to this forum. That's why long ago I asked him to write a kindle book on penile implants. What a shame, telling the truth isn't high on the agenda of some contributors plus the moderators. Some of my postings got deleted as well.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”