erosion of the implant photo

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmikesaw

erosion of the implant photo

Postby dmikesaw » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:45 am

This is what I was referring to in my post a few days ago. The tip of my left implant cylinder is pushing against the frenelum (sp?) the same as you see in this other guys picture (except his problem is on the right side). I am due to activate/inflate next week, and maybe I am just a little paranoid, but is this likely to happen to me then (or when having sex afterward)? The problem is due to the fact that the left side tip stops short of the glans/head (just as this guys right side does). The right side goes just barely into the glans.
Attachments
Penile-implant-erosion.jpg
Penile-implant-erosion.jpg (107.24 KiB) Viewed 3741 times

knotreel

Re: erosion of the implant photo

Postby knotreel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:13 am

That's not pretty! I hope you can get some input from your doc when you see him next week. Maybe they can adjust your inflation or something so that this doesn't happen to you. I am just guessing but they may have had to remove the implants in the picture until the area is healed over. I know that my first sex put a little strain on the tip area which was sensitive due the cylinder's pressure in the glans. I certainly hope you can get some info and a plan to combat this potential probem.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 am

dmikesaw,
WOW!
That hurts just looking at it.
Thank you for sharing. I will be very interested in how your doctor deals with this.
It may be as simple as a couple of small stitches and letting it heal.
I wish you the best of luck for a good outcome.
Please keep us posted as I am sure everyone, including me, with implants will be watching
and waiting to see how this turns out. (No pun intended)
This could be a rather serious thing to deal with for a lot of us.
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 am

do you often prepare, ahead of time, for disaster? Relax and enjoy your new mantool! Living in the moment might help a lot too.
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:00 am

Old Eagle Scout here: "Be Prepared"

Worried Guy

Postby Worried Guy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks a lot pal! I am meeting with my Doc for the first time on Monday. I'm already scared, and now this?!?!?

Great! Another thing to worry about!
Age 56, Gleason 3+4, BX 7/12 up to 70%, PSA 23 at DX May '09.
RP by DaVinci on July 21, '09 Both nerves gone. Incontinent.
Sling installed 1/2011 Works great. Now to fix ED.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Don't worry too much; they say it is not too common

Return to “Implants”