Got Er Done

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bigred

Re: Got Er Done

Postby Bigred » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:27 pm

I stayed at the hospital 11 hours, no ice. I didn't have a lot of swelling or pain when Kramer came by on Friday. Nothing about ice on post-op instructions.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:28 pm

If ice works for you, use it. I guess I've been lucky so far.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Ice, not just for implant, but for everything, is effective for 72 hours. After that, its use is more for comfort, but not effective for inflammation. Ibuprofen 800mg, if you are not allergic, is your best bet.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Frozen peas work wonders as well. They wrap around and the cold feels good all over. I guess it depends on how much swelling you get. My sack looked like a small eggplant !
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:44 am

Starting to get my hair back. Feels like a porcupine between my legs. I'm glad I took the advice of someone on here and bought some baby socks for Big Wally. Helps keep those stickers at bay

Steelerfanintn2

Postby Steelerfanintn2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Bigred wrote:I just don't know about the ice. The hospital didn't ice me and the post- op instructions said nothing about ice. I did ice anyway for two days just because everyone on here said ice, ice, ice. I asked Dr Kramer about it when he came by my room on Friday. He said it wasn't necessary.
Maybe it was just me and the way the surgery went.

Bigred Kramer told me ice elevatef feet and ibuprofen would be my best friends for the next few days. Ice helps bro... im using bags if frozen peas and corn. Lasts longer than ice packs and kinda shapes easier. Told my wife when i was done with them we could have some slightly steamed veggies...lmao!!! Ice em bro...it helps!

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:27 pm

I used ice for a couple of days just because I read on here it helps. Not really sure if it did or not. One thing it does is make my nut sac draw up and that's uncomfortable to me with the pump in there now.. I've used ice following shoulder surgery ind is was heaven but on my nuts, not that good. But what works for one may not work for others.

Steelerfanintn2

Postby Steelerfanintn2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Bigred wrote:I used ice for a couple of days just because I read on here it helps. Not really sure if it did or not. One thing it does is make my nut sac draw up and that's uncomfortable to me with the pump in there now.. I've used ice following shoulder surgery ind is was heaven but on my nuts, not that good. But what works for one may not work for others.

Hey bigred. Since we were both Kramered on the same day i thought I'd check on you to see how you are feeling. Hopefully everything is ok with you!!

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Doing very good. Sent Kramer a dick pick yesterday. He responded
That it looked good and appeared to be healing well. I'm off all pain meds but my nuts are still sore when I sit in certain positions. Bruseing is pretty much gone except for a little on the right side of the shaft. Took to boat out fishing this morning, no problems.

Return to “Implants”