Trump to eliminate Medicare coverage for implants?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfcreek

Trump to eliminate Medicare coverage for implants?

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:23 pm

That is what my surgeon says. Any thoughts??

warrenw

Re: Trump to eliminate Medicare coverage for implants?

Postby warrenw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:39 pm

IIRC medicare stopped covering pumps and pills for ED, maybe in 2015. I haven't heard anything about implants but that's probably next by the same logic as the pumps and pills were dropped. Dr Eid still shows Medicare as accepted on his website.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Whatever insane thing(s) tRump and the repubs plan to do about healthcare in general, I doubt if they're going to bother themselves with individual line items of coverage. In any case, take a breath - it seems unlikely that anything at all is going to happen anytime soon.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:54 pm

I agree that a line item deletion like that is unlikely. Medicare procedure codes which end-up getting a "non-covered" status are usually procedures which have been shown to be harmful or non-effective (for example, I doubt that any penile sclerotherapy codes are payable by medicare.)

If someone in washington wants to make penile implant a non-payed procedure, from the perspective of medicare, then they will have an uphill battle since the procedure will be argued as "part of the reconstructive healing process to manage complications of prostate cancer treatment." Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer tend to be "sacred cows" from the medicare political perspective, so I think that we will win in the finish line on this one.

So, as far as your worry list is concerned, I would worry about something else.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Sounds like Fake News to me
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 pm

I think that to answer the question of the potential of this happening, we should see what has happened in the past with the ED medications, and VED. Sure, they affected every Medicare recepient, but congressmen...
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 am

dg moore,

What on earth did President Trump ever do to you to provoke such a diatribe? All I have seen him do so far has been to stop pissing away my tax money on people who deserve nothing from me, and to do his best to restore some self-respect to this once-great nation after Obama doing his best to destroy it.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:43 am

DaveET1 wrote:dg moore,

What on earth did President Trump ever do to you to provoke such a diatribe? All I have seen him do so far has been to stop pissing away my tax money on people who deserve nothing from me, and to do his best to restore some self-respect to this once-great nation after Obama doing his best to destroy it.

Guys let not get in to a pissing match over politics. This is not that place take it else where
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:59 am

Sorry guys. Absolutely no political debate on FrankTalk. Ever.

Return to “Implants”